I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where do you guys think he will end up?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I think the two best situations for him to go to, if he's willing to take a huge pay cut and sign for the MLE over the summer, are Houston and Philadelphia. That's only assuming he doesn't get dealt by Chicago, and I think that's a real possibility. I know his expiring contract looks attractive. I just don't know if many teams have $14 million in players to make a trade happen to get him. Toronto could trade Jalen Rose, but I don't think the Raptors would want Thomas, and Chicago surely doesn't want Jalen Rose back. Orlando could trade Grant Hill's contract and another player, but again I don't know if that move benefits either team.

On Houston, Tim Thomas could allow Tracy McGrady to move back to shooting guard, and at best Thomas would be the number 3 option on offense, more likely fourth option. He would give that team some nice balance at both ends of the floor.

On Philadelphia, he would similarly give better balance to the starting unit and complement AI and Webber nicely ... on paper. It would push Kyle Korver to the bench and bring more defense at the small forward spot and more scoring (Korver) from the bench. Again, at best he would only be the third option on offense.

I think those are two of the better situations for him to go to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I missing something? He is not being cut, Bulls are still planning on trading him, pretty sure they want little in return such as draft picks or expiring contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho would be out of the question because of his contract, what about Nazr for Tim?? Really doubt it though.

Thread Information