My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kidd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm sure its nothing.
    Kawhi being practically an ex-player now, made the Kawhi trade a lot more tolerable, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardkowre street fightin almost be brakin out las night.

Klay Thompson and Devin Bookerdashian.

Shudders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hardkowre street fightin almost be brakin out las night.

Klay Thompson and Devin Bookerdashian.

Shudders.
    those referees, they ruined the game

Let players jaw at each other
    Last edited by lefty; 10-26-2022 at 11:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those referees, they ruined

Let players jaw at each other
    Yes but given both of their hardkowre gangsta backgrounds, can you really let Klanus and Kardashian goes at it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truthfully i'd love to have seen Booker slap Klanus silly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ham doubling down on Westbrick starting.

FFS the clownshow continues. Incoming rigged trade in 4 3 2 1....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ham doubling down on Westbrick starting.

FFS the clownshow continues. Incoming rigged trade in 4 3 2 1....
    Most teams get value by showcasing players to show the other teams how good the player is. Lakers showcase how bad they are to tell the league to do something about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +/- on Ham as HC of the Fakers is about 2 months as LeGM will throw him under the bus shortly if they keep losing.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I was hoping Dallas would emphasize faster ball movement around the perimeter more this season and giving everyone touches early in the shot clock but so far it looks like that hasn't happened. That was one of their several undoings last postseason. I admit, I like watching highlights of Doncic's playground style of embarrassing the defender while him and the bench get excited and hit the 'stanky leg' in celebration. But over the course of 48 minutes, it's still a boring/exhausting brand of basketball to take part of him as a role player IMO. Even when Doncic does pass it, still way too many possessions where he's having to give it up at the last second after holding it for 20 seconds leading to a player to force up a bad shot out of rhythm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs ball is terrible
    Tempo is slow too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is going for that MVP. Whenever he’s on the court, he either scores or assists. When he’s not, it’s dinwiddie. It reminds me of the d’antoni offence in some ways, just not as fast paced.

It may work in the regular season but in the postseason, smarter teams will game plan that and shut that offence down.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Doncic is going for that MVP. Whenever he’s on the court, he either scores or assists. When he’s not, it’s dinwiddie. It reminds me of the d’antoni offence in some ways, just not as fast paced.

It may work in the regular season but in the postseason, smarter teams will game plan that and shut that offence down.
    Fair Amb …
    But you was hating on the Bird comparison….
    Did not that overhead pass he threw to Kleber have just some shades of Larry Legend?!
    I get Bird was a monster in a more compe ive era and a more willing passer, and his game is more dribble heavy like Harden … but come on, when he wants to he has some Bird style passes. At this point anyone that saw Bird and see no similarity I think you full of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amazing thing is Luka did this with supposed great defender Simmons or other Nets draped around him a lot. If somehow Mavs could get another shooter watch out. Either way right now Luka has to be the MVP out of the gate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amazing thing is Luka did this with supposed great defender Simmons or other Nets draped around him a lot. If somehow Mavs could get another shooter watch out. Either way right now Luka has to be the MVP out of the gate.
    NEts defense was lazy and terrible

Multiple instances of Doncinc posting up midgets, no help, terrible switching

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

It’s a tough thing where his supporting cast is so limited in skillset that he’s forced to play this heliocentric style to win, but also everyone knows it will fail at some point in the playoffs. It’s simultaneously their best shot at winning, and a guarantee that they won’t ever win a le.

Also there’s a legitimate question of whether he’d actually change his style up if they got a true #2 star. If he wants a ring, he has to change, but will his ego let him relinquish some control of the game?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Fair Amb …
    Did not that overhead pass he threw to Kleber have just some shades of Larry Legend?!
    I get Bird was a monster in a more compe ive era and a more willing passer, and his game is more dribble heavy like Harden … but come on, when he wants to he has some Bird style passes. At this point anyone that saw Bird and see no similarity I think you full of .
    Just because he makes a Bird-like pass doesn’t mean you can blindly compare him as a player to Bird. Every time Franz Wagner hits a 3 would you say he has shades of Steph Curry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair Amb …
    I don’t think I said no similarities, I just think harden was a way better comparison.

Don’t get me wrong, I love doncic. I think he could be better than dirk or bird if he keeps it up. He just can’t be stopped sometimes and he does step up in the postseason, unlike harden.

I get where you’re getting the bird comparisons but I always thought that if doncic was black, nobody would bring up bird and he’d be compared to magic with scoring or harden with a better ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a tough thing where his supporting cast is so limited in skillset that he’s forced to play this heliocentric style to win, but also everyone knows it will fail at some point in the playoffs. It’s simultaneously their best shot at winning, and a guarantee that they won’t ever win a le.

Also there’s a legitimate question of whether he’d actually change his style up if they got a true #2 star. If he wants a ring, he has to change, but will his ego let him relinquish some control of the game?
    100% agree. The team is not well constructed to his strengths.

Tough to get a number two for him though as he would likely require a tough interior defender who can pass and shoot. Him and bam would be incredible, but there aren’t too many bam like players out there (and bam can’t shoot).

If the spurs get the number 1 or 2 pick this year, I’d trade it for doncic in a heartbeat but I’m sure Mavs won’t do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because he makes a Bird-like pass doesn’t mean you can blindly compare him as a player to Bird. Every time Franz Wagner hits a 3 would you say he has shades of Steph Curry?
    Actually Jokic is the one who reminds of Bird when it comes passing, not Luka

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Never did it blindly … I’m 40 plus I saw Bird and Magic. I did not choose Bird simply because they are both white. Luka is a more aggressive scorer than Johnson more like MVP era Bird still a brilliant passer when he wants. I think Bird was the better shooter (obviously) and he scared me more in the clutch than Luka has so far … but Luka may be more skilled than either of those guys. I wish he dribbled less and passed a but more because that is the part of his game outside of the whining that I don’t like about his game.
    But outside of the occasional overhead passes Luka’s ability to get to his spots at Will against guys bigger stronger faster is where I see the most of Birds imprint on his game. Sure I could choose dantley bernard king or alex English as not extremely quick guys that could get buckets to make a similar point but Bird (and Luka) is much better than those guys and most guys 30 and under don’t know who the those guys are.
    Oh and I hate Harden … I see that comp too I just hate the part of his game that resembles it most.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 10-31-2022 at 04:40 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Actually Jokic is the one who reminds of Bird when it comes passing, not Luka
    Jokic does as well I won’t lie … see it more often because he doesn’t pound the rock like Luka …but the pass the other night was more Bird like than most of the passes either guy have made. Again Rick Carlisle a guy that played with Bird has made the comp and he is white … is he being lazy with the comparison? Racist? Not sure why people find it so hard to accept? Works for RC works for me too

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Bird wasn't so ball dominant. His passing came more through the natural flow of the offense. Luka has the ball so much that his passing is often a product of the defense focusing in on him so much. He's a great passer regardless, but I don't think of Bird when he makes a good pass.

I think of LeBron much more when comparing Luka to anybody. His natural talent to score is why entire defenses focus and collapse in on him, which opens up passing lanes for teammates. Both ball dominant. Both bigger, taller ball handlers. Both strong towards the basket. The difference is LeBron is more explosive athletically and Luka has more perimeter finesse with his shot making ability. I think LeBron is a better comparison for Luka than Bird.

As for Jokic, I've never seen anyone like him before. Ever. Transition game has some similarities to Magic. But really only bc he rebounds, pushes the ball, and shows a lot of creativity with his transition passing. In the halfcourt set, he's not like Magic. He's not like anyone. Post game has some Hakeem, floater like Tony Parker, midrange consistency like Malone, all while game and clock managing like CP3. He isn't like any one player. Truly a one of one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bird wasn't so ball dominant. His passing came more through the natural flow of the offense. Luka has the ball so much that his passing is often a product of the defense focusing in on him so much. He's a great passer regardless, but I don't think of Bird when he makes a good pass.

I think of LeBron much more when comparing Luka to anybody. His natural talent to score is why entire defenses focus and collapse in on him, which opens up passing lanes for teammates. Both ball dominant. Both bigger, taller ball handlers. Both strong towards the basket. The difference is LeBron is more explosive athletically and Luka has more perimeter finesse with his shot making ability. I think LeBron is a better comparison for Luka than Bird.

As for Jokic, I've never seen anyone like him before. Ever. Transition game has some similarities to Magic. But really only bc he rebounds, pushes the ball, and shows a lot of creativity with his transition passing. In the halfcourt set, he's not like Magic. He's not like anyone. Post game has some Hakeem, floater like Tony Parker, midrange consistency like Malone, all while game and clock managing like CP3. He isn't like any one player. Truly a one of one.
    All great points and don’t disagree minus the athleticism but lama has a better touch than Bron - like a Bird Jokic or even Steph. At the end of the day there is no perfect comp. I never said they were identical in anyway. I said some plays and the way they get to their spots reminded me of bird. Jokic plays more like bird sure but is much slower. Luka has that game speed like Bird. They fool you by being quicker than you thought … but I have said my peace …that pass the other night I had flashbacks to Bird on the Celtics. I did not think of anyone else … most of the time I see a better Harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whew, it was just an expression.

“For Brook to come out, it just kind of energized the whole team.” - Mike Budenholzer praises Brook Lopez

Thread Information