Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a random combo of players to emulate
    Jordan Poole and Caris Lavert both went to U. of Michigan. I wonder if South Bend is within range of picking up their games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs draftee Blake Wesley: ‘I model my game after Jordan Poole and Caris LeVert’

Spurs draftee Blake Wesley: ‘I model my game after Jordan Poole and Caris LeVert’ (yahoo.com)
    the writer mentioned D Mitc as a comp for Wesley. Same comp i used during pre-draft along with Wade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...Do you see yourself eventually getting to the level of a shooter Jordan Poole is?

BW: Oh yeah, for sure. I mean I’m not there yet. I’m still learning to be a better shooter. That’s my goal to be a great shooter like him.
    It's this rare combination of confidence and humility that really excites me.
    You take a guy at his word like this who says he was the best at a workout for SA, then gets drafted by them...

Mathurin may be the better prospect right now but saying things like he'll be the best player in the NBA in five years, and LeBron has to prove to me he's that good, just irks me tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a random combo of players to emulate
    Maybe they're from the same area? Otherwise, like you said, I have no idea why he'd model his game after them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they're from the same area? Otherwise, like you said, I have no idea why he'd model his game after them.
    Do people not read? I literally pointed out they both went to Michigan. South Bend is on the border of Michigan and Wesley likely watched them from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people not read? I literally pointed out they both went to Michigan. South Bend is on the border of Michigan and Wesley likely watched them from there.
    Sorry, I'm not in the US and didn't look up the geographical locations. Thanks for the information.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a mystery as to why he looks up to them...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post I made on 4/20/22

Blake Wesley is a similar prospect to when DJ Murray came out. Both share a borderline street baller aesthetic to their game. Like Murray used to be, Wesley plays very loose and could use a lot of refinement. With strict coaching and a decent developmental program, he could turn out into something special. I think he’s the pick with one of our later first rounders if they are kept.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...=299749&page=4

I’m focused on his passing skills rn and watching a lot of footage on that. So far, I see a lot of “set-up” type assists. There are two types of assists in my mind: 1) set up and 2) window of opportunity. True point guards (or past Spur point guards) perform a lot of the former.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He signed his rookie deal today. Officially a Spur

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excited to see where he’s at. I expect him to need a lot of improvement, and I’m sure we are all overhyping him because he’s the new latest thing, but hey, we really need him to make it. So fingers crossed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo, Tre and then Wesley…. for now. But this kid is highly compe ive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo, Tre and then Wesley…. for now. But this kid is highly compe ive
    You can’t teach that…… I’d run with this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he Klutch?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be it CAA, Klutch, etc…. They will all do what’s best for their client.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you hear about the workout with Malaki? And the interview after? This kid not only wants the ball, he’s not shy about it. It’s gonna be a fun SL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s probably a lot easier to be compe ive in an unstructured 3 on 3 tryout. Let’s see if he can process the game and make improvements. And at least he’s aware of his biggest weakness, being horrible at finishing at the rim, because, to be honest, I really don’t want him to be another Lonnie Walker. Walker seemed to have problems even understanding that he sucked at getting at the rim, explaining that this is how he was taught etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be it CAA, Klutch, etc…. They will all do what’s best for their client.
    I wouldn't say Klutch does what's best for their client. That's not really true. They also operate otherwise in ways other agencies don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really looking forward to watching our 2022 rookie class. But keep in mind, Wesley is not as polished as Sochan or Branham... he's likely going to face serious efficiency struggles early on, but with the raw tools he has, he'll be a heck of a player before he's 21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch has involved somewhat, supposedly at least. I think in the beginning it is fair to say that it was basically LeBron's puppet agency and seemed to focus solely on helping him, and they blurred ethical lines. It definitely seems to prioritize higher end clients, and obviously LeBron more than anyone, but I think they’ve branched out and it’s become somewhat more of just a generally ty agency like everybody else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people are getting excited about his defense because of a still photo of him guarding primo who wasnt even good last year?

lets at least wait until summer league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people are getting excited about his defense because of a still photo of him guarding primo who wasnt even good last year?

lets at least wait until summer league
    It’s a fair point. He could be the most loved or hated player from our three picks. To me he has a wide range of outcomes. Every year we go through this. Last year it Landale who was going to bring toughness to our team! A year later he’s gone with no one barely noticing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ladies and gents, meet your future Spurs starting point guard.

Thread Information