Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gobert >> Dejounte Murray. The Wolves overpaid sure, but there's no way Dejounte is worth what Gobert got. Gobert has had the Jazz winning 50-60 games and winning playoff series while Murray was leading the Spurs to 34 wins.

Plus Gobert had 2 extra years on his deal. Atlanta likely only gets Murray for two seasons.

Given the above, Gobert is easily worth an extra unprotected pick over Murray, probably two.
    Luka showed us all, what the real value of gobert is. Too bad, they don't show play- offs in minny on tv, otherwise they wouldn't made this ty trade.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Johnny Flynn over Steph Curry will never stop being funny
    A guy dictating that he won't play for a team you mean? That just reinforces my above point.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Luka showed us all, what the real value of gobert is. Too bad, they don't show play- offs in minny on tv, otherwise they wouldn't made this ty trade.
    KAT for all his offensive talent as a big is a pretty ty pnr guy. He can't set a screen to save his life. I'm sure you watched the playoffs and the foul trouble he gets into when setting screens. Gobert is great at setting screens. I expect Dlo to rachet up his assists and Rudy is going to get some easy lobs. KAT switches to the 4. He's an interesting guy to defend. He basically made Steven Adams unplayable in that Memphis series. The one guy that gave his trouble is now his backup. He will absolutely eat you alive if you don't get up on him beyond the arc and you need to do that with a frontcourt player. He has such a quick, flatfooted release that if your a 6'7 or smaller guy he doesn't even notice you. If healthy i think this forces teams to not play small ball. Putting a small on KAT was his weakness but now that he's a 7ft pf it changes the dynamics. Wolves were almost a top ten D in spite of KAT. Jazz were a top ten D because of Rudy. Wolves even without Bev are still quite a bit better perimeter defensively than the jazz. I just hope when teams single out a big on the screens that its gobert and not KAT. My guy i wanted was Ben Simmons. I think that worked better and quite a bit cheaper deal would have been had. Who knows how bad he would have been mentally in MN though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    haven't really looked at the deal but i liked the risk by the wolves tbh.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Lot of fallout from this trade. Inflated market, etc.

There was a post on a wolves Fbook group.

Went something like this:

What the League just figured out is that because of this trade the "Tundra Tax" that they forced onto Minnesota and other non-coastal/warm weather teams is no longer a tax, it is now a League-wide reality.

I love this line.

Thread Information