Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this on another db.
    Anyone outside of the Laker Bois have any thoughts?
    You Laker Bois are welcome to comment too.

Not Shaq, he had 1 in 2001.
    Not Odom he also got 1 with MVPau.
    Not that almond headed guy that got in the helicopter accident. I think he was able to ride Shaqs coatails in 2001.
    Rudy Larusso? I had to look that up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Karl Malone

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Elgin, technically
    I know the answer should be the pedophille or Russ
    I’ll say my boy GP the glove

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily Elgin Baylor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elgin, technically
    I know the answer should be the pedophille or Russ
    I’ll say my boy GP the glove
    Malone, Payton were both role players by the time they got to the Lakers and Westbrook is dog

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily Elgin Baylor
    I haven't seen a lot of replays of late 50's and 60's hoop but Elgins numbers are by far #1 for the Nons.

Sidepoint.
    Rudy Larruso was his teamate. In 1962 Larruso scored 50 points, at that point the most ever by a Jewish NBA basketball player.
    Also 5Xs All Star. Not sure if Lakers bought all star votes as far back as then. I think the extreme corruption came in with Buss.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lebron James. Covid bubble isn't fooling me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron James. Covid bubble isn't fooling me.
    Neither ate Jordan’s 6 les against ty opposition tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Neither ate Jordan’s 6 les against ty opposition tbh
    He beat like half the Dream Team in the NBA Finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He beat like half the Dream Team in the NBA Finals
    Excellent analysis, will forward your resume to ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent analysis, will forward your resume to ESPN
    To be fair the bulls did have some decent compe ion in the finals. It’s in the eastern conference that is the issue.

To jordanstans point on dream team, look at the makeup of the dream team:

Jordan and Pippen - on bulls
    East - Ewing, bird (beat Jordan’s ass over and over and when jordan starts his “reign” bird was pretty much retired).
    West - Laettner (), robinson, drexler, Malone, Stockton, mullin, Barkley (mostly in the west), magic (mostly retired, faced jordan when the team was mostly a s ).

So by the time the west gets to the final, they were all beat up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair the bulls did have some decent compe ion in the finals. It’s in the eastern conference that is the issue.

To jordanstans point on dream team, look at the makeup of the dream team:

Jordan and Pippen - on bulls
    East - Ewing, bird (beat Jordan’s ass over and over and when jordan starts his “reign” bird was pretty much retired).
    West - Laettner (), robinson, drexler, Malone, Stockton, mullin, Barkley (mostly in the west), magic (mostly retired, faced jordan when the team was mostly a s ).

So by the time the west gets to the final, they were all beat up.
    They were beat up indeed

The Suns really missed Ceballos in 93 , he matched up well vs Pippen
    KJ was also playing on a bum ankle and Barkley played a few games with an injured elbow.

The 91 Lakers weren’t the Showtime team anymore to begin with. and they also had injuries to key players

But still, the Suns defense was horrible, no interior D and on the perimeter Majerle was a traffic cone (lol at The Last Dance hyping him up as a good defender, that cracker couldn’t even guard TOSB Ricky Pierce). And KJ was way too short to guard him

Blazers’ best 2nd player was Porter. Jordan had Pippen.
    No offense to Tery but Pippen is vastly superior

The Sonics hsd a good team but McMillan missed a few games
    Their 2nd best perimeter defender, a leader, their onlty combo guard and also their only ball handler besides Payton, whicjh was key because the Bulls were good a full court pressing and they sent everyone at Payton because they knew nobody else could handle the ball

Jazz ? lmao

That was a watered down Jazz team, their best version was 88 when they pushed the showtime Lakers to a game 7

And yes the East except the 98 Pavers was utter in the 90s, Chicago should have swept NY every season tbh
    Last edited by lefty; 08-26-2022 at 12:20 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    - 91 Pistons were better than all those teams listed

- 90s Knicks? The one that pushed Hakeem to 7 games. Jordan was 15-6 against them in the Playoffs.

- Shaq and Penny were ? Jordan was the central reason Shaq ran off to the West and what happened when he got there? 3Peat.

- Zo's Heat were very on par with the Jazz just not as seasoned or experienced

- 1993 wasn't the only time Jordan defeated Barkley in the 90s Playoffs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were beat up indeed

The Suns really missed Ceballos in 93 , he matched up well vs Pippen
    KJ was also playing on a bum ankle and Barkley played a few games with an injured elbow.

The 91 Lakers weren’t the Showtime team anymore to begin with. and they also had injuries to key players

But still, the Suns defense was horrible, no interior D and on the perimeter Majerle was a traffic cone (lol at The Last Dance hyping him up as a good defender, that cracker couldn’t even guard TOSB Ricky Pierce). And KJ was way too shoty to guard him

Blazers’ best 2nd player was Porter. Jordan had Pippen.
    No offense to Tery but Pippen is vastly superior

The Sonics hsd a good team but McMillan missed a few games
    Their 2nd best perimeter defender, a leader, their onlty combo guard and also their only ball handler besides Payton, whicjh was key because the Bulls were good a full court pressing and they sent everyone at Payton because they knew nobody else could handle the ball

Jazz ? lmao

That was a watered down Jazz team, their nest version was 88 when they pushed the showtime Lakers to a game 7

And yes the East except the 98 Pavers was utter in the 90s, Chicago should have swept NY every season tbh
    Truth.

Not saying the finals compe ion was anything crazy good but those were teams that could make the finals or WCF any year. Just that those teams were all tired and beat up from playing all the other teams that were just as good.

Another point I forgot to make is the bulls had two dream teamers on them, the only other team that has that were the jazz. Malone though is really the only guy I would call a choker in the history of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malone was a choker no question
    Good player though

The WC playoffs were fun in the 90s, some compe ive series tbh
    Last edited by lefty; 08-26-2022 at 12:25 PM.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    no

- 90s Knicks? The one that pushed Hakeem to 7 games. Jordan was 15-6 against them in the Playoffs.
    they matched up far better with houston. and still lost.

- Shaq and Penny were ? Jordan was the central reason Shaq ran off to the West and what happened when he got there? 3Peat.
    they weren't. the rest of the team was, especially with grant being hurt. lol nick anderson choking.

and the lakers didnt 3peat instantly when shaq went there. took him 4 years to get to that point.

are you re ed?

that junk philly team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The central reason Shaq left Orlando was because his feelings got hurt after a poll in the local newspaper said he wasn't worth the money the Lakers were offering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The central reason Shaq left Orlando was because his feelings got hurt after a poll in the local newspaper said he wasn't worth the money the Lakers were offering.
    It thought it was because of Magic didn't want to pay him at least what Zo was making in Miami, regardless of the poll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

they matched up far better with houston. and still lost.

they weren't. the rest of the team was, especially with grant being hurt. lol nick anderson choking.

and the lakers didnt 3peat instantly when shaq went there. took him 4 years to get to that point.

are you re ed?

that junk philly team?
    Son, context and facts are too much to handle for nostalgic people tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always take Lefty's take on Jordan bulls with a pint of salt tbh... for him Jordan is DeRozan in today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... for him Jordan is DeRozan in today's NBA
    Tbh that would be his ceiling

Not saying Jordan and the Bulls weren't great, but context matters......

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Tbh that would be his ceiling

Not saying Jordan and the Bulls weren't great, but context matters......
    Remind me how today's mental midgets are superior.

Giannis has little technical skills and he's unstoppable today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pistons were no longer the bad boys at that point. Expansions significantly reduced the bench strength of the Pistons and the league was clamping down on the hard fouls because Jordan kept complaining about them. For all your complaints about the league being soft today, Jordan started it all.

You do know the Knicks pushed the Rockets team without Drexler to seven games, right? That Rockets team was actually viewed as one of the weaker champs, until Kenny Smith came on air and kept hyping them. That said, I still think the Rockets would have dethroned the Bulls in 94 even if Jordan was there, they were just out of gas.

There is just so much wrong here I don't know where to start. First, Shaq and Penny were known to be immature. They derailed a dynasty due to petty egos. They also had a history of getting swept, things don't go well, they implode.

Second, you don't seem to understand winning championships is a team concept. The Lakers were not the Magic.

The Zo Heat were a bunch of stupid thugs. They were basically bad boys wannabes but ended up being a poor man's Knicks team.

You want to count those times when Barkley were pairing with Tim Perry or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remind me how today's mental midgets are superior..
    Sure no problem

You mean like Jordan who repeatedly cried to Stern, forcing him to change the rules, because he got his ass handed to him by a midget for 3 straight years?

The same Jordan who to this day is the most coddled, ref and media protected player in the history of sports?

The same Jordan who almost didn’t go to Barcelona if Isiah was part of Team USA?

The super ass sensitive Jordan who still holds grudges a million years after you dared look at him?

THAT’S YOUR TOUGH ERA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or as an nba owner, so mentally weak he drafted Adam Morrison just to get the love of those white hillbillies. insecure.

Thread Information