Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cancel culture is hilariously stupid

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I firmly believe that most other owners would have been able to survive an ordeal like this one, Sarver is just such a ing prick to everyone he interacts with and he was so hated by the fans that there were too many people waiting for a good reason to call for his head.

He has no one to blame but himself.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Cancel culture is hilariously stupid
    We'll never know I guess, but I don't think this was cancel culture. Sarver has been hated by fans, players, etc. for years, and this just gave all of his enemies a reason to call for his head.

An owner who wasn't so hated by everyone he works with would have survived this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know what his ownership stake is? Isn’t it like >75%

Edit sounds like he owns 30-50%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll never know I guess, but I don't think this was cancel culture. Sarver has been hated by fans, players, etc. for years, and this just gave all of his enemies a reason to call for his head.

An owner who wasn't so hated by everyone he works with would have survived this.
    Bro being hated isn't a cause to oust someone. Many people hate their boss yet they aren't forced to sell their company. It's cancel culture and our culture today is ing stupid as .

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Bro being hated isn't a cause to oust someone. Many people hate their boss yet they aren't forced to sell their company. It's cancel culture and our culture today is ing stupid as .
    When you're hated by virtually every stakeholder in your company (the fans, the players, the employees, the corporate sponsors, etc.) it's 100% cause to sell the organization to someone else.

At this point the Suns are worth substantially more money owned by someone who's not as toxic.

Sarver isn't being forced to sell his company, he's doing it because he knows that digging his heels in would be economic suicide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn’t a few isolated incidents though. It was years of it. I’m sure there are many ppl who actually enjoyed working for him also but he wasn’t going to earn the respect back of his broader peers and colleagues league-wise anytime soon. Best to cut your losses.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Anyone know what his ownership stake is? Isn’t it like >75%

Edit sounds like he owns 30-50%
    He owns a majority interest.

My guess is the other owners just buy him out though; Najafi alone has the money to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn’t a few isolated incidents though. It was years of it. I’m sure there are many ppl who actually enjoyed working for him also but he wasn’t going to earn the respect back of his broader peers and colleagues league-wise anytime soon. Best to cut your losses.
    I mean I get it and all but this was def a cancel culture push from within which then was league wide and now public. Either way, he should've gotten out yrs ago but there's no doubt this was all an emotional push to rid those two org's of Sarver.

Forever I have read he's a ty owner but now he's a racist, misogynist, et al... All the buzzwords!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He owns a majority interest.

My guess is the other owners just buy him out though; Najafi alone has the money to do it.
    He may have the wealth but has also stated he has no intentions in becoming the managing partner. There are also limitations on how much ownership can be comprised of ins utional investors so he probably can’t buyout Sarver’s stake via his Private Equity firm.

I bet there will be a nice bidding war. Should be interesting.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    "But in our current unforgiving climate, it has become painfully clear that that is no longer possible -- that whatever good I have done, or could still do, is outweighed by things I have said in the past. For those reasons, I am beginning the process of seeking buyers for the Suns and Mercury."

Strong statement. Guy sounds like one of the most intelligent people in the NBA. Go enjoy your hard earned money and leave the League to the rappers and gangsters.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 09-21-2022 at 05:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "But in our current unforgiving climate, it has become painfully clear that that is no longer possible -- that whatever good I have done, or could still do, is outweighed by things I have said in the past. For those reasons, I am beginning the process of seeking buyers for the Suns and Mercury."

Strong statement. Guy sounds like one of the most intelligent people in the NBA. Go enjoy your hard earned money and leave the League to the rappers and gangsters.
    Sarver is an incompetent piece of

Rappers and Gangsters. > ty white people tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Sarver is an incompetent piece of

Rappers and Gangsters. > ty white people tbh
    Sarver is Jewish.

What a hero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is going to positively benefit the Suns drastically…

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...es-to-buy-suns

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This is going to positively benefit the Suns drastically…

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...es-to-buy-suns
    > Jeff Bezos

"From accusations of employee exploitation, an rust violations, and that salacious extramarital affair and alleged extortion plot, the list of his diabolical acts is long. It is difficult to gauge which is more egregious than others, but let's give it a go."

Thread Information