Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the Dems cuck out/get lazy and start leaving, I think McCarthy starts bleeding even more support.
    the question for the dems is would they rather have this version of mccarthy as speaker without a unified GOP behind him? or would they rather have McCarthy grant concessions to the boebert/gaetz style extremists (none of which would possibly be good for dems)... or would they rather have gym as speaker?

a cucked mccarthy with a fractured gop might be the best case scenario. wait until gym has 30+ votes behind him and then just have everybody start abstaining and give a weaker mccarthy the speakership

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    the question for the dems is would they rather have this version of mccarthy as speaker without a unified GOP behind him? or would they rather have McCarthy grant concessions to the boebert/gaetz style extremists (none of which would possibly be good for dems)... or would they rather have gym as speaker?

a cucked mccarthy with a fractured gop might be the best case scenario
    I think the goal should be to make the GOP look like the party of Gaetz/Boebert as much as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the goal should be to make the GOP look like the party of Gaetz/Boebert as much as possible.
    merit to that too tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    merit to that too tbh
    More important than the ultimate outcome, Imo the Dems should try to make this a multi day affair. The longer it drags out the longer it makes the GOP look like a circus.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats need to kill any motion to adjourn, make six of the repbulicans vote for Jeffries if they want to go home today.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Democrats need to kill any motion to adjourn, make six of the repbulicans vote for Jeffries if they want to go home today.
    Disagree…make this a multi day affair that freezes the house and makes it so nothing gets done. Make the GOP look incapable of governing by letting them drag this out as long as possible.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Apparently a GOP house rep went up to Santos to introduce himself but then immediately walked away once he figured out who Santos was, and beyond that there hasn’t been a single GOP rep to even acknowledge Santos.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    It’s definitely the geriatric black caucus reps who are itching to leave early.
    “I gots ta GO!”

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    “I gots ta GO!”
    “Oh lawdy, iz gettin’ late!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree…make this a multi day affair that freezes the house and makes it so nothing gets done. Make the GOP look incapable of governing by letting them drag this out as long as possible.
    Yeah I guess they'd just recall him later on anyways and get a new speaker. Yeah drag this out as long as it takes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently a GOP house rep went up to Santos to introduce himself but then immediately walked away once he figured out who Santos was, and beyond that there hasn’t been a single GOP rep to even acknowledge Santos.
    C-Span keeps panning to him showing him sitting by himself with rows of empty seats around him. What a loser.

I see resignation in his future. He’s not lasting 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is hilarious watching C-SPAN and hearing all these Democrats just dying laughing in the chamber

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan Crenshaw, Republican of Texas, says of the holdouts: “We’ve tried, and to a member, they have no idea what they want. It’s actually quite astonishing. They can’t articulate what they want because they’ve already gotten so many of the things they want.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C-Span keeps panning to him showing him sitting by himself with rows of empty seats around him. What a loser.

I see resignation in his future. He’s not lasting 2 years.
    he should at least go out with a bang. nominate trump for speaker. vote for jordan. do something noteworthy in your short time there

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans tapped out for the day. Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing pussy ass democrats let the fascists adjourn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    House adjourns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans tapped out for the day. Lmao
    dems too. spineless tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    he should at least go out with a bang. nominate trump for speaker. vote for jordan. do something noteworthy in your short time there
    McCarthy has probably promised him he’s safe if he votes for McCarthy, the problem is that McCarthy is in no position to make that promise

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ing pussy ass democrats let the fascists adjourn
    Smart move, idk what you’re complaining about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pathetic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart move, idk what you’re complaining about
    all this allows is more time for republicans to negotiate behind closed doors, make what deals they need to move on from this debacle after a clean slate tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all this allows is more time for republicans to negotiate behind closed doors, make what deals they need to move on from this debacle after a clean slate tomorrow.
    Republicans will make the deals to get it done.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If that happens then so be it but I don’t see a path for McCarthy no matter how much closed door time he has, the last time he was behind closed doors he made it worse for himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that happens then so be it but I don’t see a path for McCarthy no matter how much closed door time he has, the last time he was behind closed doors he made it worse for himself
    so the worst case scenario here is they get it done. the best case scenario is we are what, back where we are today? so why even give them that opportunity?

Thread Information