Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Why is everybody assuming McCarthy will get fired?
    Because the currently available coaching talent (BB, Harbaugh, Vrabel, Ben Johnson, maybe even Bobby Slowik) is off the charts.

McCarthy is only one half of the choking equation, but his teams are consistently Top-5 most penalized and they get boat raced by playoff-worthy compe ion too frequently for a team so loaded with talent.

As for Dak, people forget that he has massively overachieved in the NFL, but with that comes the realization that he was also a Day 3 pick. Much like Russell Wilson and Jalen Hurts (among others) when they were a Day 2-3 pick (don't remember which), these guys ultimately have a ceiling that justifies their draft status.

1st rounders usually go off measurables + potential, so the variability in success is wild and unpredictable. But the absolute dogs are usually first or early 2nd round. Look at the four remaining QBs in the AFC. , only the Steelers didn't start a 1st rounder in the playoffs, because he was benched.

The NFC is a scrap heap of QBs, but it is interesting to note that the best looking ones in the playoff field so far are/were the four first rounders. Dak and Hurts were awful for the compe ive portions of their games. It's also the biggest reason why I have some reservations about the Niners. What could save them is that the first rounders they could play are either too green (Love) or too mercurial (Goff, Baker).

My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    Cowboys

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Im still snowed in at home but I can't ing wait to go to work tomorrow

Nothing will ever matter. Jerruh gotta always be the one talking and creating distractions. No good coach wants that. Any coach with real balls would tell Jerry to cut that out. It does nothing to help the team win. Dude cant help himself. Any coach hired by Dallas only has his job made harder by the behavior of the owner.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    Im still snowed in at home but I can't ing wait to go to work tomorrow
    While you're snowed in perhaps take counsel with your wife, confess to her what you did exposing that information on this site and bear what she says to you in response, bene.

Post Count
    Nothing will ever matter. Jerruh gotta always be the one talking and creating distractions. No good coach wants that. Any coach with real balls would tell Jerry to cut that out. It does nothing to help the team win. Dude cant help himself. Any coach hired by Dallas only has his job made harder by the behavior of the owner.
    But the paycheck rules it all. You're talking generational wealth 3 generations ahead, at least. "You're not turning that down, buster. Sign the gd contract, or, we're thru and I don't mean just between the sheets. Through. Sign that contract, sweetheart, I'll get my coat and come with you, then Denny's on the way home and any kind of sex you want when we get home."

But the paycheck rules it all. You're talking generational wealth 3 generations ahead, at least. "You're not turning that down, buster. Sign the gd contract, or, we're thru and I don't mean just between the sheets. Through. Sign that contract, sweetheart, I'll get my coat and come with you, then Denny's on the way home and any kind of sex you want when we get home."
    Good coaches have options. The truth of the matter is Dallas isn't seen as a desirable job for high end coaching candidates. Good coaches will choose a job where they get paid well and don't have to deal with nonsense. Hence why Dallas never has a good coach.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Good coaches have options. The truth of the matter is Dallas isn't seen as a desirable job for high end coaching candidates. Good coaches will choose a job where they get paid well and don't have to deal with nonsense. Hence why Dallas never has a good coach.
    yeah if I was a player or coach there's no f*cking way I'd ever want to play for Dallas. Insane 24/7 media coverage and crazy, unnecessary pressure to play for 'America's Team'. It's one thing to deal with that pressure when you're a winner and a well run franchise, not the complete dumpster fire that this organization is.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Allass does not have a chance until they figure out how to get their soul back from Green Bay

Post Count
    You think. Next thing you know you're sittin' at home watching that cell phone not ring, and the wife haranguing you like wildebeest.

yeah if I was a player or coach there's no f*cking way I'd ever want to play for Dallas. Insane 24/7 media coverage and crazy, unnecessary pressure to play for 'America's Team'. It's one thing to deal with that pressure when you're a winner and a well run franchise, not the complete dumpster fire that this organization is.
    I mean i dunno about pressure or whatever. But it's really hard to be the coach of a pro sports organization. Even harder when there are internal forces within the team making your job harder. A lot of what Jerry Jones says in the media undercuts the coach and makes it to where they have no way of establishing accountability. The coach probably has his own evaluations and opinions of players. But because the owner/GM has sentimental relationships with the players the coach does not have the ability to tell people "perform or gtfo".

The players notice this. They want to keep their job and stay on the payroll. They are more incentivized to nuzzle up to Jerry and be in his good graces rather than work hard to impress the coaches and stay on based on their actual value to the team.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Because the currently available coaching talent (BB, Harbaugh, Vrabel, Ben Johnson, maybe even Bobby Slowik) is off the charts.

McCarthy is only one half of the choking equation, but his teams are consistently Top-5 most penalized and they get boat raced by playoff-worthy compe ion too frequently for a team so loaded with talent.

As for Dak, people forget that he has massively overachieved in the NFL, but with that comes the realization that he was also a Day 3 pick. Much like Russell Wilson and Jalen Hurts (among others) when they were a Day 2-3 pick (don't remember which), these guys ultimately have a ceiling that justifies their draft status.

1st rounders usually go off measurables + potential, so the variability in success is wild and unpredictable. But the absolute dogs are usually first or early 2nd round. Look at the four remaining QBs in the AFC. , only the Steelers didn't start a 1st rounder in the playoffs, because he was benched.

The NFC is a scrap heap of QBs, but it is interesting to note that the best looking ones in the playoff field so far are/were the four first rounders. Dak and Hurts were awful for the compe ive portions of their games. It's also the biggest reason why I have some reservations about the Niners. What could save them is that the first rounders they could play are either too green (Love) or too mercurial (Goff, Baker).
    Tom Brady really broke people’s brains into thinking first round QB talent isn’t important. But at the moment, 7 out of 8 QB’s remaining went in the first round

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I mean i dunno about pressure or whatever. But it's really hard to be the coach of a pro sports organization. Even harder when there are internal forces within the team making your job harder. A lot of what Jerry Jones says in the media undercuts the coach and makes it to where they have no way of establishing accountability. The coach probably has his own evaluations and opinions of players. But because the owner/GM has sentimental relationships with the players the coach does not have the ability to tell people "perform or gtfo".

The players notice this. They want to keep their job and stay on the payroll. They are more incentivized to nuzzle up to Jerry and be in his good graces rather than work hard to impress the coaches and stay on based on their actual value to the team.
    Jackpot

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Tom Brady really broke people’s brains into thinking first round QB talent isn’t important. But at the moment, 7 out of 8 QB’s remaining went in the first round
    It’s the rallying cry of homer fans who semen shield for their middling QBs. Buh-buh-Brady did it!

My favorite is anytime a team gets a midget QB with lots of “intangibles.” The sunny siders immediately make a Drew Brees comp

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It’s the rallying cry of homer fans who semen shield for their middling QBs. Buh-buh-Brady did it!

My favorite is anytime a team gets a midget QB with lots of “intangibles.” The sunny siders immediately make a Drew Brees comp
    And while Brady didn’t have first round talent coming in, he worked really hard (and took enough HGH) to push his throwing arm into first round talent. Most QB’s don’t have that kind of work ethic.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    And while Brady didn’t have first round talent coming in, he worked really hard (and took enough HGH) to push his throwing arm into first round talent. Most QB’s don’t have that kind of work ethic.
    Oddly enough I remember the exact moment I noticed Brady’s arm was different because I was at the game. Not sure you remember, but in 2003 they were coming off the only non-playoff season with Brady as starter. It was a midseason game at Miami who always gave the Pats fits (and continued to do so till the end). The game went into OT and he chucked one of the prettiest dimes for a bomb to Troy Brown in stride for the OT winner. I was halfway through a hot dog and it fell out of my mouth when he caught that for the house call

It was a miserably muggy day but seeing my friends so pissed was worth it. It made for a fun drive back to the dorms.

Another throw was in the 2007 SB at the end where he threw it almost perfectly to Moss but it went incomplete. One of the best passes that never was.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    awesome

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Anyone check on Andy lol

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Why is everybody assuming McCarthy will get fired?
    Good call.

Same HC and QB, with likely a worse DC despite that GB debacle.

I don’t understand, unless he wants continuity for one more year with the rest of the NFC East looking bad. As it stands going into next year I think they’re clearly behind 49ers, Packers and Rams. Lions possibly as well.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This move (or lack thereof) likely means that 2024 is the make or break year for both McCarthy and Prescott, otherwise they're both out. Since they didn't extend McCarthy, they likely won't extend Prescott. They can't trade him because he has a NTC, so it's likely they stomach the ~$60K cap hit for Prescott for 2024, go all in a bit, and if the season ends in yet another stinker then they're both out and they rebuild with zero dead money for Prescott. Likely they re-sign Lamb long term and perhaps trade Parsons to the Steelers for two firsts and a second.

It's worth noting that Dallas didn't extend McCarthy; they simply are not giving him the axe right now, and letting his final year of his 5 year / 35M contract play out.

Please. Mccarthy will be scapegoated and Dak extended. The only chance this nightmare ends for Cowboys fans is for Jerry to go six feet under. And that assumes that the kid isn't equally re ed.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    This move (or lack thereof) likely means that 2024 is the make or break year for both McCarthy and Prescott, otherwise they're both out. Since they didn't extend McCarthy, they likely won't extend Prescott. They can't trade him because he has a NTC, so it's likely they stomach the ~$60K cap hit for Prescott for 2024, go all in a bit, and if the season ends in yet another stinker then they're both out and they rebuild with zero dead money for Prescott. Likely they re-sign Lamb long term and perhaps trade Parsons to the Steelers for two firsts and a second.

It's worth noting that Dallas didn't extend McCarthy; they simply are not giving him the axe right now, and letting his final year of his 5 year / 35M contract play out.
    This was the year to fire McCarthy. The coaching carousel next year won’t be as good.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    this is getting into Oakland A’s level franchise inep ude territory. I don’t understand why Cowboy fans still pay Jerruh money to go these games tbh only way for change while Jerruh is alive is to just boycott like A’s fans are doing IMHO

Thread Information