Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Getting beaten out for defensive lineman by OU.
    We must get Simmons on the edge, Wingo at WR, and Brandon Baker at OT.
    Robinson just committed, 4 star DT

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Robinson just committed, 4 star DT
    And now a 5 star possibility for DT becomes a little more real. Dominic McKinley.

I think we may have lost Simmons to LSU.
    Im seeing long faces on more of the UT pundits.
    Hope Im wrong. We could really use him at that position going into the SEC.

I wonder how Oregon moving to the Big 10 affects Brandon Baker as Oregon is the compe ion for his services.
    If Baker was another Kelvin Banks, our QBs would not be touched by defensive ends. Kelvin Banks as a fkn true freshman handled first round NFL defensive ends.
    Three teams with first round DEs moved their player away from Banks after testing him. Crazy good as a true freshman.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-04-2023 at 11:59 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ok...

It seems neither LSU or UT knows where Simmons is going but both staffs feel good.

Its also 4 more months to dec signing day so it might be a good thing if UT can win the conference.
    Gonna be more difficult with a clear target on the back in the big 12. OU appears to be better but possibly still a bit young to be favored.
    Looks like OU is having an outstanding rec year on defense.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LSU not confident on Simmons now.

Simmons is playing this thing like a pro getting all these recruiting sites talking about him.
    Selling the brand as they say now.
    Tomorrow we shall find out. Then see if he actually signs in Dec

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Simmons to Texas

yeah

Post Count
    Simmons to Texas

yeah
    This was badly needed. Texas almost got shut out of the top 20 Texas players for 2024 class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This was badly needed. Texas almost got shut out of the top 20 Texas players for 2024 class.
    They are getting really good out of state players when the state is weaker in some positions with talent. UT needed an edge rusher very badly going into the SEC.

The big myth is UT always gets outstanding talent. They dont. Not in the last 10-15 years. They will get the hyped singlets. Now they have had a 2 very good recruiting cycles with the present one still awaiting. And they are finally recruiting heavily on the Oline. Not a single 1st round draft pick on the oline in 22 years. They just took it for granted they could throw bubble screens to fast receivers to play the Big 12 play. Bijan Robinson and R. Johnson did a lot of dancing around to get yardage. The Oline blocking in all phases must get better. UT is now stacking depth at Oline along with very good players. Banks is a clear 1st round draft choice at LT when he gets out. It not 1984 when UT had 17 players drafted. But having 5 drafted this last year was a huge step up.

So its time to show it on the field. Ewers is the key man. They have a great WR room now. Not like last year when broken hand Worthy stopped running routes. And no one else could crack a secondary. Ewers was a little fat confused kid last year with a good arm... sometimes. He liked the fly ball to center field throw as well. Or grounding the ball backwards.

We will see. This season and the type of play UT shows is huge imo. Kansas State will be good but not as deep. Texas Tech will have that offense. OU is still rebuilding. TCU lost a lot. Kansas has the best QB in the Big 12 as it stands right now. The teams coming in... UCF? Hard to tell.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-12-2023 at 09:30 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Daniel Cruz to Texas

Probably plays Center.
    This guy has such strong hands and big legs.
    This kid can start for Texas as a freshman.
    Great get. At Center he will handle the big defensive lineman in the SEC. Dude is super strong naturally. He was meant to play football at 15 yo. Started all district as a freshman.
    His head coach at Richland is an Aggie as well.

I know UT fans want another LT like Kelvin Banks. But for the interior, this Cruz will kick butt. He will be the first one out of a back alley fight.
    UT needs these smart types that are super compe ive and want to win every play.
    He is the best IOL in Texas but is not ranked as such. Just wait for it.

edit: Cruz says he loves making O line calls and getting everyone on the same page (I would add he wants to pancake the guy in front of him and then help him up. And then be more vicious the next play) Kid is definitely smart and loves football play calling strategy on the O line.
    We have some more kids like this but ranked higher still uncommitted as possibilities. Keep stacking it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    5* offensive tackle Brandon Baker (California) commits to Texas.

The chips are starting to fall. We still have a possibility of three more 5* recruits.
    And some possible flips. We are finally attracting good OL and DL players.

We beat out Ohio St., Oregon, USC

Post Count
    5* offensive tackle Brandon Baker (California) commits to Texas.

The chips are starting to fall. We still have a possibility of three more 5* recruits.
    And some possible flips. We are finally attracting good OL and DL players.

We beat out Ohio St., Oregon, USC
    Who are the 5 star recruits?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ..dp
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-25-2023 at 05:53 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who are the 5 star recruits?
    Wingo, Kobe Black, and one other new one they are not naming.
    I think Kobe Black is a silent to UT but I’m not positive.
    There also could be some flip 4 stars in position of need (linebacker, D line)
    Baker was only the 18th recruit and we need 23-24… these other recruits appear to be more highly ranked as Texas is being very patient and persistent. Most of the other blue bloods are in the 20s for committed recruits. Or already done even though dec is the first signing period. Feb the last.

Post Count
    Wingo, Kobe Black, and one other new one they are not naming.
    I think Kobe Black is a silent to UT but I’m not positive.
    There also could be some flip 4 stars in position of need (linebacker, D line)
    Baker was only the 18th recruit and we need 23-24… these other recruits appear to be more highly ranked as Texas is being very patient and persistent. Most of the other blue bloods are in the 20s for committed recruits. Or already done even though dec is the first signing period. Feb the last.
    Thanks. I assume Worthy is likely going pro, so another 5star WR would be nice.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks. I assume Worthy is likely going pro, so another 5star WR would be nice.
    Yep. Worthy makes everything doable since he almost always draws some sort of double protection.

That would be Wingo. But he can’t replace Worthy in speed and elusiveness.

We will probably be losing Worthy, AD Mitc , J Whittington, and TE JT Sanders but we have some very good receivers starting to get playing time. Jontay Cook, DeAndre Moore (both true FR). Isiah Neyor is not getting PT so I’m wondering if they really want him back as an AD Mitc type player. We probably look portal for another immediate starting WR with experience and a TE I’m guessing.

It looks like we will most likely be losing 3 DTs to the NFL as well. So portal for another DT with experience. Especially since the heavy use of DT rotation has worked so well so far this year. DT is definitely our best position group on the field this year so far. We will have a younger team going into the SEC overall. But may be more talented overall next year especially at DB. But the experience… We will be losing some slow DBs imo. The guys who hypothetically replace them are much better, especially in the speed category.
    We could use some blowouts in conference to get more guys PT. This is Not happening in the next two games Imo. It may happen anyway as the season progresses. We have two excellent true Freshman DBs who are playing extraordinarily well getting a lot of time. They are definitely more talented than the guys in front of them. It’s just experience that really requires the coaches to see it and make the replacement moves. Overall we are in a really good situation on paper. On the field is another thing.

QB next year should be VERY interesting.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Getting beaten out for defensive lineman by OU.
    We must get Simmons on the edge, Wingo at WR, and Brandon Baker at OT.
    Damn we are almost there and maybe even more. Forgot I posted.

This is as deep as we have been in many years. Especially Oline and DT. (Massively overlooked by 3 consecutive coaches)
    No excuses. Well maybe RB but last year was miserably mistimed. Best two RBs in many moons and QB gets injured and then just can’t put it together… may still have this problem.
    Bijan could have been a never forget name with a functional Oline.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Now two silent commits for UT.
    Hoping for Black and Wingo.

That would bring us to four 5 stars with a chance for one more.
    And its solid down the line. Even though I dont really care it about recruiting rankings, it would bring our recruiting rankings from beginning as barely in the top thirty, to the top 5.
    Teams like Georgia and Ohio St. have been top 5 from the start so it does say something about how well its going. Its solid. Not just one top 5 kid and three kids Mack Brown wants to take as a favor to a friends.

Post Count
    Not just one top 5 kid and three kids Mack Brown wants to take as a favor to a friends.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like 5* Wingo WR is going to Missouri.
    Their qB and passing game is very good this year.

edit: Wingo is from Missouri who also got the #1 DT in the nation to stay home.
    It should be noted that once a hs player has signed with a Missouri school they can start getting payed while still in HS. So in Dec and Feb for signing. A new Missouri law. A nice Xmas present if player signs in dec
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-15-2023 at 11:55 AM.

Did Texas lose some top recruits after another OU bow down?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Did Texas lose some top recruits after another OU bow down?
    More likely Missouri kept one home (still not committed;Ringo) by playing a pass heavy offense and winning unexpectedly. As well as a unique NIL rule

The team in Texas that is gonna have the flips upcoming is ATM. And thats players that are already committed. UT wont lose any, it just becomes less likely they will win the close compe ive compe ions like Ringo who are uncommitted. Looks like UT may get some Florida and Auburn flips. No players have decommitted from UT after the Oklahoma game. ATm has had two players decommit, LSU is circling to pick up the carnage.

Btw, this is also the time of year coaching staffs tell committed players "hey, you might want to decommit and get a spot elsewhere"
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-17-2023 at 08:51 PM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Got Wingo

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nice. More weapons for manning

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OMG…

UT recruiting experts put their picks for Missouri!
    This is BIG. This is the guy that replaces AD Mitc . Big receiver with speed and wins jump balls in the end zone.
    Very good unexpected news.

UT staff does not give up on big recruits.
    Now we need to play well enough to keep him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nice. More weapons for manning
    Absolutely.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Now two silent commits for UT.
    Hoping for Black and Wingo.

That would bring us to four 5 stars with a chance for one more.
    And its solid down the line. Even though I dont really care it about recruiting rankings, it would bring our recruiting rankings from beginning as barely in the top thirty, to the top 5.
    Teams like Georgia and Ohio St. have been top 5 from the start so it does say something about how well it’s tgoing. Its solid. Not just one top 5 kid and three kids Mack Brown wants to take as a favor to a friends.
    It has been revealed Wingo was a silent after the Wyoming game.
    And Wingo said a lot of the same things Manning said.
    Life after football, Austin big thriving city, Networking, business opportunities. Wingo appeared to have Arch on the brain. Arch said the same things.

Size speed combo very unusual…

damn this was unexpected…

Thread Information