My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Meh, doesn't seem fair, all things considered.

I'm sure spur fan is happy, though. He will likely be back in SA taking over for Pops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did roster vs results meet reasonable expectations?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure spur fan is happy, though. He will likely be back in SA taking over for Pops.
    Oh ya upstairs they think he's Poppy Jr.

Which will be great if Spurs get Wama.
    If not, ya he'll be Poppy Jr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't be long until the Budsuckers are on damage control imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't be long until the Budsuckers are on damage control imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed

He lost his brother during the series and Giannis was injured

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former head coaches that won championships have been let go: Nurse, Vogel, now Bud. Crazy that it’s only Pop and Kerr that still have a job after winning a le in the last 10 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 Bucks vs #8 Heat

Budenholzer's decision-making during the Heat series came under question when the Bucks squandered double-digit leads in Games 4 and 5. In Game 5, Milwaukee had a pair of opportunities to win the game on the final possessions of the fourth quarter and overtime, but Budenholzer elected not to use his final timeouts in either scenario.

Budenholzer acknowledged after Game 5 that he should have called a timeout to advance the ball at the end of the fourth quarter, but he also did not call a timeout before the final possession in overtime, and the Bucks never got a final shot off before their season ended.

- BSPN

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Might be unfair, but probably the right move, regardless of the Miami series. I think it was Larry Bird who suggested that the lifespan of an NBA head coach with the same team is optimally 3-4 years. After that, the message gets stale, the players start to tune you out. That was his opinion at least. And I’m sure it makes a difference when a coach and team win over and over again, like the Bulls with Phil or now the Warriors with Kerr.

You might want to give Bud some slack because of losing his brother and not having Giannis the whole series. But truth is he did not do a good job adjusting to the Heat or countering Jimmy Butler with anything. So if he was fired for Miami, I do think there’s merit to it.

The Bucks job is pretty ideal. The roster construction is pretty good. You have the franchise superstar in place. And two secondary stars in Jrue and Middleton who are not just capable but willing to play those secondary roles to Giannis at a high level. Those three players with that dynamic in and of itself is a great foundation for a good team. The rest of the supporting cast is also well pretty built. It’s a good gig.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Bucks were a victim of a roster that, while had some great pieces in Giannis, Lopez, Holliday and Middleton. Their win depth was atrocious after Krys and Drew. They would've been out by the ECF because they had no reliability from outside that core and Middleton was becoming a liability on defense. Sucks that he was w/o the service of Giannis for a portion of the series, but the inability to make adjustments when up by double digits in game 4 & 5 more than likely did him in. The stubborn nature of his coaching style didn't equate to much this season. Losing his brother was terrible though. I believe he'll get a job again in the league if he wants to, not sure if it'll be a HC gig, but definitely as an Assistant somewhere.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Unreal expectations. If you have the best RS record, you're doing something right. If you hire a coach who gets you to a ring and you fire him a couple years later because he doesn't, maybe the front office decision makers need to be examined.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty low the way the bucks handled this, in light of coach bud's family situation.

if they want to get rid of their lobt-winning coach, well ok i guess, but jeez what A-list head coach would want to come to them now after the way they jettisoned bud

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    pretty low the way the bucks handled this, in light of coach bud's family situation.

if they want to get rid of their lobt-winning coach, well ok i guess, but jeez what A-list head coach would want to come to them now after the way they jettisoned bud
    Not too many A-listed coaches looking for a job. Otherwise any coach would accept the job because it's a paycheck.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be unfair, but probably the right move, regardless of the Miami series. I think it was Larry Bird who suggested that the lifespan of an NBA head coach with the same team is optimally 3-4 years. After that, the message gets stale, the players start to tune you out. That was his opinion at least. And I’m sure it makes a difference when a coach and team win over and over again, like the Bulls with Phil or now the Warriors with Kerr.

You might want to give Bud some slack because of losing his brother and not having Giannis the whole series. But truth is he did not do a good job adjusting to the Heat or countering Jimmy Butler with anything. So if he was fired for Miami, I do think there’s merit to it.

The Bucks job is pretty ideal. The roster construction is pretty good. You have the franchise superstar in place. And two secondary stars in Jrue and Middleton who are not just capable but willing to play those secondary roles to Giannis at a high level. Those three players with that dynamic in and of itself is a great foundation for a good team. The rest of the supporting cast is also well pretty built. It’s a good gig.
    LOL if they hire Coc

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not too many A-listed coaches looking for a job. Otherwise any coach would accept the job because it's a paycheck.
    um ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed

He lost his brother during the series and Giannis was injured
    Bucks were behind the Heat 2-1 before Buds brother had the unfortunate accident.

This.
    Additionally Bucks were ahead of the mental midget Celtics 3-2 the previous season before getting punked in 7.
    Warrior team even weaker then their previous 3 fake Championship teams took the Celts out after being down 3-2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST SpurFan should be able to totally relate that small market teams only get great player....maybe once in franchise history.
    Bucks had Kream and did get a Chip. But of course he wanted to declare the he identified as Laker and did so.

They may not get another great player in like....ever.
    So to want to maximize while you have the great player is 100 understandable.

As to Bud, he's bailing with 15 million bucks.
    Please with respect to real life widows, widowers, those who have lost children and perhaps got completely shafted financially by the place they worked for....lighten up on the Poor Bud stuff.
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 05-08-2023 at 12:51 PM. Reason: because punctuality matters

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    With the smoke Windhorst did mentioning that Giannis and the Knicks being linked, they have to get this coaching thing right or the proverbial clock starts to tick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks were behind the Heat 2-1 before Buds brother had the unfortunate accident.

This.
    Additionally Bucks were ahead of the mental midget Celtics 3-2 the previous season before getting punked in 7.
    Warrior team even weaker then their previous 3 fake Championship teams took the Celts out after being down 3-2.
    :So they were behind and not lut yet

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bud can't adjust in the playoffs. Sucks his brother died, and bad timing to fire him. But they've been #1 seed in NBA 3 out of the last 5 years and did nothing in the playoffs those years, this being the worst. They won a chip in 2021 going through pretty weak compettion (not their fault) and aided by Giannis crippling Kyrie and KD's big toe.

Giannis was back for the last two games and they blew 14+ point leads in consecutive games with Giannis running away from FTs and an inability to defend the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud can't adjust in the playoffs. Sucks his brother died, and bad timing to fire him. But they've been #1 seed in NBA 3 out of the last 5 years and did nothing in the playoffs those years, this being the worst. They won a chip in 2021 going through pretty weak compettion (not their fault) and aided by Giannis crippling Kyrie and KD's big toe.

Giannis was back for the last two games and they blew 14+ point leads in consecutive games with Giannis running away from FTs and an inability to defend the 3.
    Perhaps the Pop Tree Poppers could seek out a new arrangement whereupon any coach starting with Pop and throughout his tree only need to have a win % of .333 or better over a 5 year period. Any playoff appearances need only meet 1st round attendance, no advancement required.

Any Popper Coach meeting the .333 regular season win % threshold cannot be fired for any reason.

Thread Information