Page 5 of 145 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the greatest videos I’ve seen. It’s actually incredible the amount of Arc he gets on his shots considering he’s almost consistently looking down at the hoop.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've already seen a Rockets fan on twitter call him Wet bananas

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby (& Bilal) playing live right now in the French League playoffs against Cholet.

It should be available on the NBA app, or here as well (don't know if it's geolocalized - French commentary):

https://www.twitch.tv/firstteam101

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have been watching for a few minutes. His team seems well organized and is up by about 12. So far he's had two swipes defending PnR action. Opponents tried to thread bouce passes to the roll man and he's way too long -- picked off both of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has problems when a second defender comes on him as he's handling the ball. Needs work there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have been watching for a few minutes. His team seems well organized and is up by about 12. So far he's had two swipes defending PnR action. Opponents tried to thread bouce passes to the roll man and he's way too long -- picked off both of them.
    Pop or any other Spurs rep in the stands?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop or any other Spurs rep in the stands?
    I have no idea. I think Pop is still there.

Wembanyama obviously has work to do, he's nineteen. Screens can be better, opponents body him as much as they can. He has enough of a bag to just score consistently from range and if he has the lane it's an automatic two points. Will need to develop post moves and some other things. Opponent is good quality. On defense, he moves extremely well for his size. With his length, he's a big issue wherever he is. As you'd expect, players see him in the lane and don't try it. He can't get to everything, but he gives them second thoughts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does have post moves, he just doesn't use them consistently.

EDIT: 14 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks in the first half

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing this game and i wanted to make a little report of the first half of wemby here but MrBody has made it perfectlty.

Very interesting half. He has things to work but god, how much he impacts the defense of his team with his mere presence.
    Last edited by kace; 05-21-2023 at 11:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a player some here think will be our “primary playmaker”, he sure looks like he prefers to get the ball fed to him in the post a la Tim Duncan/ a natural post offense big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any feed to watch the game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does have post moves, he just doesn't use them consistently.

EDIT: 14 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks in the first half
    It's crazy to watch him play and realize he's so raw, yet he still gets stats over stats. Dude is a stat stuffing machine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quiet second half. He's a talented kid with good skills in a freakishly long body. He'll need development for sure, but he knows what he's doing out there. The French game is more congested in the middle and the spacing in the NBA is going to really open things up for him. The team will need to work on how to activate him best as he develops. Spurs really are the right spot for him. I can't imagine Houston sticking him in the corner or Lamello doing his random all over the floor instead of working to develop the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any feed to watch the game?
    https://www.twitch.tv/firstteam101

You can watch the game here but it's a french stream

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A quiet second half. He's a talented kid with good skills in a freakishly long body. He'll need development for sure, but he knows what he's doing out there. The French game is more congested in the middle and the spacing in the NBA is going to really open things up for him. The team will need to work on how to activate him best as he develops. Spurs really are the right spot for him. I can't imagine Houston sticking him in the corner or Lamello doing his random all over the floor instead of working to develop the game.
    what's interesting is that he's playing at a good level and as you note the paint is more protected in French league. The league will be easier for him in some ways

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a player some here think will be our “primary playmaker”, he sure looks like he prefers to get the ball fed to him in the post a la Tim Duncan/ a natural post offense big.
    yes playmaking is a work in progress and he can pass without a doubt with some really nice dish but he's more of a guy who wants the ball to score

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's interesting is that he's playing at a good level and as you note the paint is more protected in French league. The league will be easier for him in some ways
    Right. I don't feel he's totally comfortable down low. He doesn't deal with the pressure that well yet and his strength is an issue, but he's still effective. To me he's a SF, which is really crazy given his size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes playmaking is a work in progress and he can pass without a doubt with some really nice dish but he's more of a guy who wants the ball to score
    When I say playmaking I don’t liken it to passing ability, but commandeering an offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I say playmaking I don’t liken it to passing ability, but commandeering an offense.
    yes and i agree with you that he's more of a post offensive big commanding the ball in the post than a guy who'll command all the offense, if that's what you mean.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definite areas of improvement for Wemby (his strengths are obvious.. he was clearly the best player as a 19 year old in a playoff game)-
    1. Passing / playmaking out of double-teams/ hard traps/ swarming defences
    2. Cutting down on turnovers committed by trying ambitious passes
    3. Improving on the ball decision making and not settling for jumpers when the good pass to open shooter is available.
    4. And of course, post-play which is more or less non-existent. He settles for too many fadeaways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definite areas of improvement for Wemby (his strengths are obvious.. he was clearly the best player as a 19 year old in a playoff game)-
    1. Passing / playmaking out of double-teams/ hard traps/ swarming defences
    2. Cutting down on turnovers committed by trying ambitious passes
    3. Improving on the ball decision making and not settling for jumpers when the good pass to open shooter is available.
    4. And of course, post-play which is more or less non-existent. He settles for too many fadeaways.
    A lot of more development than I thought. He seems lost at time on the court asking for the ball when he is obviously surrounded. I think that working with Duncan is going to be really beneficial. I know that gaining too much weight is not an option but he gets moved a lot. He is only 19 so plenty of time to improve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got his MVP trophy during the game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy to watch him play and realize he's so raw, yet he still gets stats over stats. Dude is a stat stuffing machine.
    It wasn't a good game for him, he looked tired at times and that had an impact on his decision making. He's usually not that sloppy with the handling & passes. Anyway you're right, he still ends up with 22 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals but way too many turnovers as well (6).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor today’s highlights for the first game of the first round Playoffs.

The first action is just crazy…

It now feels even better to watch this knowing that he’ll be a Spur !

Thread Information