Post Count
    Zach Edey

Prudue 2023 Stats:
    Physical Stats: 7' 4" & 300 lbs
    2.2 blocks
    2.0 assists
    62.3 percent from the field
    71.1 percent from the free throw line.

Edey has won in consecutive seasons, the first time since Bill Walton won four major awards the Naismith Award, the Wooden Award honors, The Sporting News, the Associated Press, the Oscar Robertson Trophy and the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

Zach Edey is also the only player in NCAA history to average at least 25.0 points, 12.0 rebounds, 2.0 blocks & 2.0 assists per game.
    Combine Results showed Edey ranked ahead of Clingan in lane agility time, three-quarter sprint, max vertical leap, and standing vertical leap.
    While measuring a massive 7-foot-3.75 without shoes with a 7-foot-10.75 wingspan and a 9-foot-7 standing reach.
    Edey also showed real touch at the combine which left scouts wondering if he had more long-term shooting potential than we saw at Purdue.
    Other wins for Edey were posting faster lane agility times than other center prospects like Alex Sarr, Yves Missi & Donovan Clingan, all of whom are projected as top-20 picks.
    Edey killed the 3-point shooting drills, hitting 14-of-25(56%) from deep.

Combine Measurements
    Height w/o shoes: 7-feet, 3.75-inches
    Weight: 299 pounds
    Wingspan: 7-feet, 10.75-inches
    Standing height: 9-feet, 7-inches

Drafting Zach Edey to play next to Victor Wembanyama can open up some unique Defensive and Offensive operatories.
    Defensively Edey & Wembanyama could clog the space below the 3pt line.
    With Edey sticking near the basket & Victor being a kind of one-man Zone.
    All other wings would send them into the teeth of Victor or Edey's defense.

Offensively, the obvious play that comes to mind is either Edey or Wemby could easily pass the ball into the paint.
    Allowing either player to score easily near the rim, with no point guard needed.

Edey could also greatly benefit Victor Wembanyama's longevity.
    By sharing the minute load, taking on heavier player matchups like Joker or Embid
    Edey could also be a decent backup for Wemby if an injury occured allowing Victor to rest.

Worst case a 7'4"+ Center could be great trade bait if things are just not working out between him and Spurs.
    Even worse case, Edey could give Wemby problems later on in 2024 on another Team as his length and weight match up fairly well.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't read. No....no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be fine with him and the #4, I think he’s easily a top 15 prospect. Just keeping him off another team also makes sense as other posters have said the thing about Clingan who I am much less worried about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't read. No....no
    Maybe arguable based on injury potential but he’s a real unicorn that destroyed Clingan head to head.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not

clingan at #4
    edey @ #8

triple towers with wemby running point guard duty at times?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not use BOTH 4 and 8 on Edey? Let's trade up to no 1 to grab him. Better yet, let's add Atlanta's picks and travel back in time to grab him!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs do not need to burn a lottery pick on a center. I'm not sure why this needs to be explained. Yes he could be very good for some team that needs him but he's not good for this one and if you can't see why I can't help you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not

clingan at #4
    edey @ #8

triple towers with wemby running point guard duty at times?
    SUPER TRIPLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor can play the pg, why not?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2025 the easiest way to get an open 3 in an nba game will be to put Edey in the pick and roll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Edey
    Edey also showed real touch at the combine which left scouts wondering if he had more long-term shooting potential than we saw at Purdue.
    Other wins for Edey were posting faster lane agility times than other center prospects like Alex Sarr, Yves Missi & Donovan Clingan, all of whom are projected as top-20 picks.
    Edey killed the 3-point shooting drills, hitting 14-of-25(56%) from deep.

eight w/o shoes: 7-feet, 3.75-inches
    Weight: 299 pounds
    Wingspan: 7-feet, 10.75-inches
    Standing height: 9-feet, 7-inches

Drafting Zach Edey to play next to Victor Wembanyama can open up some unique Defensive and Offensive operatories.
    Defensively Edey & Wembanyama could clog the space below the 3pt line.
    With Edey sticking near the basket & Victor being a kind of one-man Zone.
    All other wings would send them into the teeth of Victor or Edey's defense.

Offensively, the obvious play that comes to mind is either Edey or Wemby could easily pass the ball into the paint.
    Allowing either player to score easily near the rim, with no point guard needed.

Edey could also greatly benefit Victor Wembanyama's longevity.
    By sharing the minute load, taking on heavier player matchups like Joker or Embid
    Edey could also be a decent backup for Wemby if an injury occured allowing Victor to rest.

Worst case a 7'4"+ Center could be great trade bait if things are just not working out between him and Spurs.
    Even worse case, Edey could give Wemby problems later on in 2024 on another Team as his length and weight match up fairly well.
    Excellent points.
    Pay no attention to the Collins Sniffers who want things to remain the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best case for drafting Edey at #4 or #8 is that you're the Spurs GM, but you've been in a coma the last 25 years and you've woken up just in time to make the pick but no one has told you it isn't 1999 anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who will be the 1st Spur that Edey dunks over en route to a Spurs loss?

Prizes for winners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should convince Yao Ming to come back from retirement as well for real

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should convince Yao Ming to come back from retirement as well for real

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as he dont end up on OKC or we’re in trouble for the next 10 years. I dont mind him at 8. There would be noone stopping our front court if we drafted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having him playing next to Wemby would certainly be interesting. Opponents wouldn’t want to try to score in the paint and it would be difficult to lure both bigs away from the basket. Wemby at high post (ala DRob) & Zach at low post (ala TD) could be very interesting on both offense & defense…. Can’t double team both of them. Both players biggest challenge would be giving the other one room to operate.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BPA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imho, as I've already wrote, Edey is the only one player in this draft that has the potential to become also in nba a fame changer in a positive way. Frankly I can't understand people who don't see him as a top ten player and possibly the bpa in this weak draft... And I don't understand that expecially after what the tests of the combine have confirmed what the ncaa tournament already showed to us all... He was a dominant big man in ncaa and I see no player on nba except for few ones that can compete with him in the paint. That said,the pairing with Wemby is obviously a match made in heaven. And we have at least two players (Sochan an
    d Vassell) , apart Wemby that is a defensive player of the year since day 1) who should be able to switch wery well...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having him playing next to Wemby would certainly be interesting. Opponents wouldn’t want to try to score in the paint and it would be difficult to lure both bigs away from the basket. Wemby at high post (ala DRob) & Zach at low post (ala TD) could be very interesting on both offense & defense…. Can’t double team both of them. Both players biggest challenge would be giving the other one room to operate.

--------------------------------------------------------

also he doesnt need to start, he can be the center of the second unit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Edey just replaces the Collins, we are all happy here hehehehhe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he’s a fit for the Spurs but I also think Edey has been wildly underrated just because big stiffs don’t work in the NBA anymore. But Edey isn’t a stiff. His testing shows a unique athletic profile. In the right situation he could be really good. I mean, if Denver can hide Jokic on defense then Edey can be hidden as well (if he proves worth it on offense).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who would win the superbowl

a team of Edeys vs the '85 Chicago Bears and Ditka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't run. It's not because he shown he could be fast at the combine that it will translate in games. A big body needs to run and... stop. Kinetic energy scout says no.

Thread Information