Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami in 5. Can’t count out TtoZ’s impact on the game.
    It only paid 25% on the moneyline, but it was such easy profit for 3 hours.
    I'm enjoying it.

For you point spread people, FFS if that Miami re would not have lost the ball out of bounds was a layup there a dealbreaker? Would have made it Denver by 9.
    That was the exact point spread for a while this afternoon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Serb
    Lol Embid
    MVP is Big Sweaty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did in the 4th. Fans were getting scared less. Unfortunately that 24 point hole Miami put themselves in is why the comeback fell short.
    Miami actually shot better than the Nuggets from beyond the arc tonight and still got their pushed in

Miami was the 4th worst 3p shooting team in the RS. Denver was the 4th best.

Once Denver starts hitting theirs, we finna see them 20pt blowouts.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    In the past Era superior bigs probably force Jokic into foul trouble but today all the Heat can do is pray to get unconscious from 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the lakers figured out something in the 4th tonight..lol

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Getting nervous? Changing your “prediction” indicates that.
    I actually predicted 6

I'll go with Miami wins Games 3 and 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver had a bad shooting night, jokic was playing relaxed and they still beat miami comfortably. This could be over in four.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    In the past Era superior bigs probably force Jokic into foul trouble but today all the Heat can do is pray to get unconscious from 3
    Dirk would have a field day in this NBA.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Dirk would have a field day in this NBA.
    I agree but prefer Jokic's skillset. Dirk would have a higher PPG but I like Jokic at most everything else especially defensively.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Dirk is a shooter that was Tall

Jokic is a post player that has range +elite passing

I think Jokic moves better on Defense too. Positioning is impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat need to make threes to even have a chance to win a close game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk would be a good player today but not as dominant as he was back in the days

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk would be a good player today but not as dominant as he was back in the days
    He would be the same type of player he was back in the day which was a great offensive player but terrible defensive player.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Dirk would be great in any era, in part because he's so uniquely talented. Any era, any style, any level of physicality, he's still a 7 foot guy with elite shooting ability. He's still a 20+ point all star in the 70s, 80s, 90s. Now, he'd likely be at or close to a 30 PPG scorer imo.

The one thing about Jokic that helps make him so good is that he's equally effective and productive in both halfcourt and transition. He's obviously a maestro playmaker and facilitator in the halfcourt set in the high post or at the top of the key. But he's just as good getting a defensive board, pushing the ball in open court, and getting teammates open looks in transition. Along with all his other strengths and abilities, it makes it so difficult to contain his impact. His impact is so great even when he doesn't look to score, just like last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be the same type of player he was back in the day which was a great offensive player but terrible defensive player.
    IIRC, in his prime he was matched up against more traditional, slower bigs, so not only were they too slow but they were not used to a 7 footer who can take then off the dribble like he did. And when matched up against a smaller guy he would just shoot over him.

Players like Bam or Giannis are way quicker and more athletic but they are also used to defending quicker 4's.

Sure, Jokic is slow and unathletic but he is also a much more complete offensive player than Dirk.

Dirk doesn't have the court vision and passing skills of Joker, who forces you to pick your poison.
    Last edited by lefty; 06-02-2023 at 10:52 AM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Dirk would be great in any era, in part because he's so uniquely talented. Any era, any style, any level of physicality, he's still a 7 foot guy with elite shooting ability. He's still a 20+ point all star in the 70s, 80s, 90s. Now, he'd likely be at or close to a 30 PPG scorer imo.

The one thing about Jokic that helps make him so good is that he's equally effective and productive in both halfcourt and transition. He's obviously a maestro playmaker and facilitator in the halfcourt set in the high post or at the top of the key. But he's just as good getting a defensive board, pushing the ball in open court, and getting teammates open looks in transition. Along with all his other strengths and abilities, it makes it so difficult to contain his impact. His impact is so great even when he doesn't look to score, just like last night.
    I am impressed by his patience on offense. He sets the tone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am impressed by his patience on offense. He sets the tone.
    Joker is just a joy to watch tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, in his prime he was matched up against more traditional, slower bigs, so not only were they too slow but they were not used to a 7 footer who can take then off the dribble like he did. And when matched up against a smaller guy he would just shoot over him.

Players like Bam or Giannis are way quicker and more athletic but they are also used to defending quicker 4's.

Sure, Jokic is slow fand unathletic but he is also a much more complete offensive player than Dirk.

Dirk doesn't have the court vision and passing skills of Joker, who forces you to pick your poison.
    Most teams don't have a Bam or Giannis. Terrible example you used. Dirk is still getting 20-30 in this era. He was also deceptively quick that was one thing I noticed in the '06 series against the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most teams don't have a Bam or Giannis. Terrible example you used. Dirk is still getting 20-30 in this era. He was also deceptively quick that was one thing I noticed in the '06 series against the Spurs.
    Of course not every team has a Giannis or a Bam, just saying it would have been interesting to see those matchups in the Finals.

I would have to re-watch highlights of those 06 series, but I don't know if I can; it still hurts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk will be undoubtedly (in my mind) better in todays nba. The spacing that’s afforded to him will let him shoot and drive to his hearts content.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk will be undoubtedly (in my mind) better in todays nba. The spacing that’s afforded to him will let him shoot and drive to his hearts content.
    Nah too slow

He would be Bertans at best tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah too slow

He would be Bertans at best tbh
    They had a three year overlap at the TOSB phase of dirks career and Dirk was STILL better. At least find another player who didn’t have an overlap with Dirk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I smell a skunker incoming….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had a three year overlap at the TOSB phase of dirks career and Dirk was STILL better. At least find another player who didn’t have an overlap with Dirk
    I'ts changing tooo faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Miami is so ed, tbh.

Thread Information