Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Got played by Ralph Sampson.
    I'm still salty about that lucky shot in 1986

Then the Celtics made them grab their ankles and bite their bottom lips in the Finals

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did yall catch when he said that he modeled his game to how Duncan, Aldridge and Diaw played? His favorite player is Timmy and Timmy said on some RJ's podcast that his favorite to watch right now is Jokic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Then the Celtics made them grab their ankles and bite their bottom lips in the Finals
    Good things the league suspended Rockets players because they were a matchup nightmare for the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lakers losing on purpose to avoid getting swept by the Celtics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max Staus had a very Kirby like performance.

Or do you think he didn't shoot enough? And miss.

Perhaps Jimmy Butler had a Kirby like perfomance. But he passed up Kirby a long time ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max Staus had a very Kirby like performance.

Or do you think he didn't shoot enough? And miss.

Perhaps Jimmy Butler had a Kirby like perfomance. But he passed up Kirby a long time ago.
    Kirby wouldn't even make the playoffs with that roster

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Did yall catch when he said that he modeled his game to how Duncan, Aldridge and Diaw played? His favorite player is Timmy and Timmy said on some RJ's podcast that his favorite to watch right now is Jokic.
    There are a lot of NBA players who say their fav to watch is Jokic. He's a fun guy to watch, how he handles the game and the things he can do successfully that makes you just shake your head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kirby wouldn't even make the playoffs with that roster
    Kirby is the only player in NBA history to leave his wife and take the kid with him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Never understood why Spurs fans get so defensive about Davey when there’s so many better and more recent great players in their history. It would be like Laker fans going out of their way to defend Elden Campbell

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You lost 4-1. ROFL blaming a luck shot.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No... Jokic has 1 le to Robinson's 2, but most importantly Robinson was MUCH better on defense than Jokic could ever dream of. Jokic is only good on one side of the ball. He will never be the intimidating big man in the paint that Robinson or Duncan were.

In order to be legendary you have to be great on both sides and thus today's "superstars" like Stef Carry and Jokic just don't do it for me. Even though I like Jokic as a person and despise Stef Carry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never understood why Spurs fans get so defensive about Davey when there’s so many better and more recent great players in their history. It would be like Laker fans going out of their way to defend Elden Campbell
    He was an uber-dominant force on defense against literally everyone not named Hakeem.

On offense he was the lefty Kevin Durant of his time until the old big man problems (feet, back) started to set in and nerf his offensive game. Still, he remained one of the NBA's best defensive big men all the way until and including his very last game in the NBA, which was a championship victory.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He was an uber-dominant force on defense against literally everyone not named Hakeem.

On offense he was the lefty Kevin Durant of his time until the old big man problems (feet, back) started to set in and nerf his offensive game. Still, he remained one of the NBA's best defensive big men all the way until and including his very last game in the NBA, which was a championship victory.
    He was a choker who lost about 5 or 6 times with HCA in a playoff series before Timmy came along

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a choker who lost about 5 or 6 times with HCA in a playoff series before Timmy came along
    So basically he was Durant, but with worse talent around him than OKC had. But instead of bandwagoning another team he stayed the course and took Pop's advice to sit with the injury (and Sean Elliott with the kidney issue) in '96-97, and we landed Timmy.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    What David lacked was the ability to attract star players to a small market. Today a DR level talent would be in LA, Miami, NY or Chicago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem
    Dream
    Bill Russell
    Shaq
    Joker
    Moses Malone
    Connie Hawkins
    Bill Walton
    Ewing
    Vlade Divac
    Javelle McGee
    Admiral

Kareem is the most overrated superstar. Couldn't make it out of the second round without Robertson or Magic to carry him. Needed 8 extra seasons to beat Wilt's record.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Kareem is the most overrated superstar. Couldn't make it out of the second round without Robertson or Magic to carry him. Needed 8 extra seasons to beat Wilt's record.
    He has 6 league MVPs. I wouldn't call that overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What David lacked was the ability to attract star players to a small market. Today a DR level talent would be in LA, Miami, NY or Chicago.
    He was fiercely loyal to the Spurs FO though. He still lives in SA. He had multiple chances to sign with the Lakers, including after he left the Navy. He did not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at how he performed between when Robertson left Milwaukee and going to the Lakers before Magic shows up.

Best performance was a second round exit and he had multiple years missing the playoffs completely.

He was so great he couldn't carry a team to the playoffs in his absolute prime.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Look at how he performed between when Robertson left Milwaukee and going to the Lakers before Magic shows up.

Best performance was a second round exit and he had multiple years missing the playoffs completely.

He was so great he couldn't carry a team to the playoffs in his absolute prime.
    You take the 21 year career of a man who won 6 championships and 6 league MPVs, 2 NBA Finals MVPs, 3peat NCAA champion, condense it down to a cherry picked 2 years and call that his absolute prime? Doesn't seem objective. If you look at the entire body of work including college, only a hater would say Kareem was overrated.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He was fiercely loyal to the Spurs FO though. He still lives in SA. He had multiple chances to sign with the Lakers, including after he left the Navy. He did not.
    Side notes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's wildly overrated. As soon as Oscar retired he led the Bucks to a sub .500 record despite having Bobby Dandridge still on his team. And then another sub .500 year the next year in LA while having Gail Goodrich as a teammate. And this was also in an extremely weak NBA where a lot of the top talent was in the ABA. E.g., Dr J, Iceman, David Thompson, Moses Malone, Artis Gilmore, Dan Issel, James Silas, and so on. Kareem was a nice player but he's not that get on my back and I'm carrying you up the mountain kind of guy who you knew was taking your team to 50 wins if he was remotely healthy. That was Magic on that team. Which is why they were still a very good team when Kareem retired while being a pretty mediocre team with Kareem before Magic got there despite having HOF talent around Abdul-Jabbar (namely Gail Goodrich, Jamaal Wilkes, and Adrian Dantley).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You take the 21 year career of a man who won 6 championships and 6 league MPVs, 2 NBA Finals MVPs, 3peat NCAA champion, condense it down to a cherry picked 2 years and call that his absolute prime? Doesn't seem objective. If you look at the entire body of work including college, only a hater would say Kareem was overrated.
    2 years? Try again. That is not the timeframe I described. He was stat padding from Robertson retiring in 74 to Magic being drafted in 1980.

All time greats don't need to be carried like he did.
    Last edited by FuzzyLumpkins; 06-18-2023 at 10:27 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a huge underachiever from 74-75 to 78-79 when he didn't have Oscar or Magic on his team. No one is saying he needed to win les but he wasn't even leading his team to 50 wins in that era. Only time he did was 77 when he led the Lakers to 53 wins (but then got swept by Walton in the WCF).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem would still be too 10 regardless but he has always been ranked in the top 3 (jordan, Lebron and jabbar were really the consensus GOAT candidates) but when you really look at the overall accomplishments jabbar has the most holes in his resume.

People kept talking about him as a laker but fact is his most dominant years were with the bucks. 1/3 of the time in LA he wasn’t even the best player on his team. And 1/3 of the time the lakers weren’t that good. The final 1/3 his team was stacked and he got two les out of it. Not bad but when you compare to Lebron and jordan who has pretty much been the best player on their teams their entire career and got about the same number of les out of it. It sort of out it in perspective. Bird and Duncan arguably had better careers.

Thread Information