Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/2023/06/14/pe...nderson-report
    Pelicans Open to Zion Williamson Trade to Land Scoot Henderson, per Report

With the NBA draft just over a week away, the Pelicans are rumored to covet combo guard Scoot Henderson, who is expected to go in the top three picks on June 22.

In order to trade into the top three to land Henderson, New Orleans would reportedly consider trading Zion Williamson according to NBA insider Marc Stein.

“I heard from one well-placed observer who is convinced that the Pelicans would indeed consider dealing Williamson away if it meant they could draft Henderson, pointing to a rising level of exasperation within the organization regarding Williamson’s ongoing availability and overall approach,” Stein wrote.

Williamson missed all of last season due to recovery from foot surgery. Even so, New Orleans decided to sign the 2019 No. 1 pick to a five-year, $194.3 million max contract extension. Now, after Williamson played just 29 games this season due to a hamstring injury, it appears that the Pelicans are open to moving on.

New Orleans owns the No. 14 pick in the draft, and pairing that with Williamson and other assets could be enough to land the Pelicans in the top three picks with an opportunity to select Henderson. Stein noted in his story that New Orleans is less inclined to include Brandon Ingram in a deal to move up and pick Henderson.

The Spurs are expected to draft French phenom Victor Wembanyama with the No. 1 pick. The Hornets have the No. 2 pick, followed by the Trail Blazers at No. 3.

Williamson is clearly a force when healthy. In his 29 games last season, he averaged 29.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.1 steals per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be great if Fatty could get on a Brady type diet and ex program.
    Along with dating advice.

Would you risk that chance if the Jailblazers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be great if Fatty could get on a Brady type diet and ex program.
    Along with dating advice.

Would you risk that chance if the Jailblazers?
    Only if you think Lillard could mentor him and convince him to drop weight like Moses Malone did for Barkley when he came into the league a fatass. But I worry after four years Zion is who is and we'll never see the player he should have become if he had the work ethic of a guy like Kobe or Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers fans on r/ripcity aren't too keen on this. It's understandable considering Zion's track record.

That being said, I don't see a better player available who can really move really moves the needle. Assuming they are dead set on trying to compete for a Chip with with Lillard on the team then this trade would give them the best shot.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It would be a risky move for any team but the Blazers really have nothing to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be a risky move for any team but the Blazers really have nothing to lose.
    Disagree they have nothing to lose. Scoot and Miller are both really nice prospects and Lillard has a ton of trade value right now. Trade for Zion and he stays fat and in two years Lillard's trade value drops off majorly and you're paying Zion $40 million a year for two more years. I'd probably move on from Lillard in Portland's shoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd probably move on from Lillard in Portland's shoes.
    But that's the one thing they are unwilling to do unless Lillard forces them.

And Lillard has made it clear that his preference is to stay and try to win a Chip in Rip City.

This boils down to the team being too nice to trade him and Lillard being too nice to ask for a trade.

They gotta swing for the fences with Zion, cuz Siakam, Ayton or Beal ain't gonna move the needle for them.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion with Portland's medical team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland's medical team

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Disagree they have nothing to lose. Scoot and Miller are both really nice prospects and Lillard has a ton of trade value right now. Trade for Zion and he stays fat and in two years Lillard's trade value drops off majorly and you're paying Zion $40 million a year for two more years. I'd probably move on from Lillard in Portland's shoes.
    I wouldn't trade Scoot for Zion, but Portland seems cursed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williamson is clearly a force when healthy. In his 29 games last season, he averaged 29.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.1 steals per game.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    His knee is preemptively microfracturing itself at the thought.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe two wrongs can make a right. his knees up so badly his injury rating underflows to +32,767 and he plays 82 games and 48 minutes per game.

Heat/Phillies/NY Giants TIMMYtoZO's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Only if you think Lillard could mentor him and convince him to drop weight like Moses Malone did for Barkley when he came into the league a fatass. But I worry after four years Zion is who is and we'll never see the player he should have become if he had the work ethic of a guy like Kobe or Tim.
    Lillard is coming to Miami

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, can't imagine there'd be a team stupid enough to trade good assets for 2023 Oliver Miller on a supermax deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams and Woj need to get in tight with all of the side pieces in the league, tbh.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    rofl at all the Zion nicknames

even though he won't be eating as good in Portland and may get the weight down, I don't see Portland foolish enough to give up valuable assets for the black Big Country Reeves

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    rofl at all the Zion nicknames

even though he won't be eating as good in Portland and may get the weight down, I don't see Portland foolish enough to give up valuable assets for the black Big Country Reeves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's pulling a Kawhi. What an unprofessional pos

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-trade-rumors

"There is no relationship between Zion and the organization," ESPN's Brian Windhorst said on his Hoop Collective podcast (h/t RealGM). "And minimal relationship between Zion and his teammates, from what I understand."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fat Brandon Bass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody updates this thread. Buncha slackers. Op better hope Moriah don’t have a tape of him too or she’s gonna release that to the media

Thread Information