Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ don’t think the spurs will be tanking at all this year. They might suck, but won’t tank.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    43-45 wins. Team is gonna be better than most think.
    That would be the worst result.

The Spurs will be back into mediocrity, not good enough to be a contender and not bad enough to get the top talent in the draft.

The current team will never be good enough to be a contender without adding another top level star.
    I know people are hoping to get a top lottery pick with that Toronto pick but that pick might not even convey if Toronto tanks, the Charlotte pick will either not convey or be out of the lottery so that's not going to be a high pick.

One more year of experimenting with lineups and managing Wemby's minutes and seeing what the team has with the current team and not winning more than 30 games to get top PG prospect is the best result.

Need to be patient for another year of less than 30 wins for the long game of jumping into being a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ this
    Need better players

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you people...of course that this team needs some more players, but tanking again would be just dumb.
    You have to let these players develop and build a winning mentality. Tanking days are over.

Spurs are among the teams with most assets and most cap space in the league.
    We just have to wait until a star that fits the timeline becomes available, Spurs can trade for literally anyone.

It's just up to Wemby. If he's the real deal, there won't be any issues with players wanting to join.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know people are hoping to get a top lottery pick with that Toronto pick but that pick might not even convey if Toronto tanks, the Charlotte pick will either not convey or be out of the lottery so that's not going to be a high pick.

to get top PG prospect is the best result.
    Acquiring/re-signing Poeltl when they were going nowhere fast ensured that they wouldn't tank. They're too arrogant/stubborn to do so and will instead attempt to "middle build" and get lucky again.

Proctor seems like the Spur of the bunch and between early projections, their own pick and the Raptors pick, they'll probably have a good chance at getting him.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Acquiring/re-signing Poeltl when they were going nowhere fast ensured that they wouldn't tank. They're too arrogant/stubborn to do so and will instead attempt to "middle build" and get lucky again.

Proctor seems like the Spur of the bunch and between early projections, their own pick and the Raptors pick, they'll probably have a good chance at getting him.
    If the Spurs are a 41 win team they won't be drafting Proctor with their pick since he's projected going inside the top 10 and good luck thinking that Toronto pick falls from 7 to 10.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are a 41 win team they won't be drafting Proctor with their pick since he's projected going inside the top 10 and good luck thinking that Toronto pick falls from 7 to 10.
    There's zero chance the Spurs are a 41 win team and a very real chance the Raptors pick falls from 7-10.

The Spurs could easily end up with something similar to the Magic this year, who picked 6 and 11.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's zero chance the Spurs are a 41 win team and a very real chance the Raptors pick falls from 7-10.

The Spurs could easily end up with something similar to the Magic this year, who picked 6 and 11.
    My post is in regards to the post saying the Spurs are a 41 win team and no the odds are not high the Raptors pick falls between 7 and 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Proctor is projected #23 on TaT, so even in a non-lottery scenario, we should get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s just not enough margin for error at 31 wins when we don’t know how much Wemby plays and Spurs didn’t add much. I believe in our guys more than the average fan I would say but a 10 win jump seems reasonable so that’s right at 32.

I would rather bet DET over at 27.5 at that point value wise

If I thought Wemby would play 33MPG + 75 games I would say over slightly. But Im not sure he will play that many mins/games so it’s hard to take that. But think Spurs are going to be damn compe ive.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proctor is projected #23 on TaT, so even in a non-lottery scenario, we should get him.
    Most sites have Proctor inside the top 10. Early mocks have four PGs going inside the top 10.

Getting a top 10 pick would be ideal for the Spurs to get one of the top PGs next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most sites had Jaden Hardy and Nick Smith Jr. inside the top 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most sites have Proctor inside the top 10. Early mocks have four PGs going inside the top 10.

Getting a top 10 pick would be ideal for the Spurs to get one of the top PGs next year.
    It also depends on whether those sites list international players yet, or not. TaT does, and it lists gleague prospects, too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in Canada .. where I bet the over on this? 9 more wins and not tanking and wemby added. I'm not predicting 40 wins but I'll take the odds

Believe.
    Post Count

Your future self from 10 months from now called me up and said it is a very bad idea to try to predict who to draft a year early. We have almost no clue who we would want then and who is the best.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think at max you might have 2 pure PG and one combo guard go into the top 10 of which are bellow - I like Proctor but I thought I read something that said his is arm length matches his height 6’5 though I could be wrong

DJ Wagner
    Isiah Collier
    Stephon Castle

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s just not enough margin for error at 31 wins when we don’t know how much Wemby plays and Spurs didn’t add much. I believe in our guys more than the average fan I would say but a 10 win jump seems reasonable so that’s right at 32.

I would rather bet DET over at 27.5 at that point value wise

If I thought Wemby would play 33MPG + 75 games I would say over slightly. But Im not sure he will play that many mins/games so it’s hard to take that. But think Spurs are going to be damn compe ive.
    The sweet spot seems to be 32-34 wins who knows we might get lucky and get in the top 3 just hope the Basketball Gods bless us again next year. The thing with Wemby I know he will want to compete for Rookie of the Year so I think he gets a minimum of 20+ minutes a game. But I also know with his frame he is going to miss games I think if it happens where he doesn’t meet minimum requirements of meeting the rule to be eligible he and the Spurs will probably severely restrict his minutes and back to backs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sweet spot seems to be 32-34 wins who knows we might get lucky and get in the top 3 just hope the Basketball Gods bless us again next year. The thing with Wemby I know he will want to compete for Rookie of the Year so I think he gets a minimum of 20+ minutes a game. But I also know with his frame he is going to miss games I think if it happens where he doesn’t meet minimum requirements of meeting the rule to be eligible he and the Spurs will probably severely restrict his minutes and back to backs.
    Portland got #3 with 33 wins last year. They were in the 5th spot, pre-lottery.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be the worst result.

The Spurs will be back into mediocrity, not good enough to be a contender and not bad enough to get the top talent in the draft.

The current team will never be good enough to be a contender without adding another top level star.

One more year of experimenting with lineups and managing Wemby's minutes and seeing what the team has with the current team and not winning more than 30 games to get top PG prospect is the best result.

Need to be patient for another year of less than 30 wins for the long game of jumping into being a contender.
    If Wemby can take this team over .500 at 20 years old then it would mean he had a David Robinson level rookie year and he'd be better than the hype. I'd take that in a second. Especially when the Spurs already have the picks to trade for a second star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Wemby can take this team over .500 at 20 years old then it would mean he had a David Robinson level rookie year and he'd be better than the hype. I'd take that in a second. Especially when the Spurs already have the picks to trade for a second star.
    theres always more variables than just the new draft pick though

for instance, robinson's rookie year was also the year the spurs acquired Terry mings. was also sean elliott's rookie seaosn. obviously robinson was a monster, but the roster was also better.

in wemby's case, no other notable new additions. but you also have a really young team that expects some internal improvement regardless. sochan is 20. vassell is 22. keldon is 23. zollins is 25 coming off his first real nba season since 18-19. branham is 20. there probably was some baked in expected improvement from a lot of those guys, particularly vassell/sochan who also missed a ton of time last year

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres always more variables than just the new draft pick though

for instance, robinson's rookie year was also the year the spurs acquired Terry mings. was also sean elliott's rookie seaosn. obviously robinson was a monster, but the roster was also better.
    Yeah I was factoring that in saying it would take a David Robinson level rookie year to get this roster over .500. David had vets like Terry mings and Mo Cheeks and very high end young players like Sean Elliott, Willie Anderson, and Rod Strickland, hence why they won 56 games.

in wemby's case, no other notable new additions. but you also have a really young team that expects some internal improvement regardless. sochan is 20. vassell is 22. keldon is 23. zollins is 25 coming off his first real nba season since 18-19. branham is 20. there probably was some baked in expected improvement from a lot of those guys, particularly vassell/sochan who also missed a ton of time last year
    Was also factoring that in. Wemby alone isn't giving you 22+ more wins even with a Robinson level rookie season. But a legendary rookie season from Wemby would be a prerequisite for being a .500 team short of say a trade for Lillard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I was factoring that in saying it would take a David Robinson level rookie year to get this roster over .500. David had vets like Terry mings and Mo Cheeks and very high end young players like Sean Elliott, Willie Anderson, and Rod Strickland, hence why they won 56 games.

Was also factoring that in. Wemby alone isn't giving you 22+ more wins even with a Robinson level rookie season. But a legendary rookie season from Wemby would be a prerequisite for being a .500 team short of say a trade for Lillard.
    gotcha. the spurs were also a 34 win team the year before. main loss was murray. would think adding wemby would have at least something close to the value of dejounte getting into his prime...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    31 wins imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just feel this is low. I'd take the over. Spurs are going to compete for the play in this year IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over. Spurs win over 40 games, probably 45 or 46. Do people not realize the Spurs tanked on purpose and sat good players for the of it? The only thing that makes me a little nervous is that Vegas is rarely wrong. Betting over 40 wins returns 4 x the original bet if I'm not mistaken.

Thread Information