Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Coin toss aside, QB's decision making is generally tied largely to time of possession (TOP), which is important stat and why the Patriots came back to beat the Falcons, because defenses get tired and wear out if they're on the field generally more than 55-60% of total snaps from scrimmage.

Buffalo lost to KC in 2021 not because of the coin toss, but because their offense couldn't do and stay on the field in the first 3 quarters of the game. Good for them for exploding at the very end of regulation, but game management and situational awareness starts from the very first possession. Every three-and-out is critical.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Coin toss aside, QB's decision making is generally tied largely to time of possession (TOP), which is important stat and why the Patriots came back to beat the Falcons, because defenses get tired and wear out if they're on the field generally more than 55-60% of total snaps from scrimmage.

Buffalo lost to KC in 2021 not because of the coin toss, but because their offense couldn't do and stay on the field in the first 3 quarters of the game. Good for them for exploding at the very end of regulation, but game management and situational awareness starts from the very first possession. Every three-and-out is critical.
    Josh Allen got the winning TD with 13 seconds to go. It doesn't get much better than that in terms of game and clock management, tbh.

Compare that to how Burrow beat Mahomes. KC with 2 straight possesions and plenty of time to get a score but Cincy got lucky that Mahomes played his only bad game of football against them. It had nothing to do with Burrow's game management of intangibles.

Allen in his loss vs KC pkayed considerably better than Burrow in his win against them.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Josh Allen got the winning TD with 13 seconds to go. It doesn't get much better than that in terms of game and clock management, tbh.

Compare that to how Burrow beat Mahomes. KC with 2 straight possesions and plenty of time to get a score but Cincy got lucky that Mahomes played his only bad game of football against them. It had nothing to do with Burrow's game management of intangibles.

Allen in his loss vs KC pkayed considerably better than Burrow in his win against them.
    No, he didn't. He played like ass juice for 3 quarters and found a Madden-esque glitch with Gabriel Davis midway through the 4th and spammed it like the video game, but outside of Gabe Davis where was that Buffalo offense all day?

Burrow played a Brady-like game in 2021. Methodical, plodding, control TOP, win the game late with a healthy mix of running and passing to the right guys on the right down and distance. Sure, Mahomes screwed the pooch at the end of regulation by getting a field goal and not a TD, but it's not like he left Burrow with any time, either?

Heck, Burrow lost the coin toss in OT that game and once he got the ball he marched his team down to kick an easy championship game winning field goal. He arguably got robbed of the Lombardi trophy as well by some late LA-ref shenanigans that was eerily reminiscent of the Lakerefs, tbh.

Also - most recently - how did each of Burrow and Allen do in the icy, snowy January Buffalo New York conditions that are supposed to give Buffalo such a huge home field advantage in the playoffs, tbh?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    No, he didn't. He played like ass juice for 3 quarters and found a Madden-esque glitch with Gabriel Davis midway through the 4th and spammed it like the video game, but outside of Gabe Davis where was that Buffalo offense all day?

Burrow played a Brady-like game in 2021. Methodical, plodding, control TOP, win the game late with a healthy mix of running and passing to the right guys on the right down and distance. Sure, Mahomes screwed the pooch at the end of regulation by getting a field goal and not a TD, but it's not like he left Burrow with any time, either?

Heck, Burrow lost the coin toss in OT that game and once he got the ball he marched his team down to kick an easy championship game winning field goal. He arguably got robbed of the Lombardi trophy as well by some late LA-ref shenanigans that was eerily reminiscent of the Lakerefs, tbh.

Also - most recently - how did each of Burrow and Allen do in the icy, snowy January Buffalo New York conditions that are supposed to give Buffalo such a huge home field advantage in the playoffs, tbh?
    Allen scored 21 pts through 3 qtrs on that game (3 tds), the same exact 21 pts Burrow scored through 3qtrs on his win (only 2 TDs though) .

The difference is Allen scored 14 pts in the 4th, while Burrow only scored 3. The real difference is Mahomes goated vs the Bills defense, while he had a brain fart against the Bengals. Nothing to do with Allen or Burrow.

Stop inventing arguments that aren't there, tbh.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    CJ Stroud sack and interception on first drive lol

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Unsurprising. They replaced Deshaun Watson with Dwayne Trashkins Junior.

#Forever2-14 #sucknuts

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Allen scored 21 pts through 3 qtrs on that game (3 tds), the same exact 21 pts Burrow scored through 3qtrs on his win (only 2 TDs though) .

The difference is Allen scored 14 pts in the 4th, while Burrow only scored 3. The real difference is Mahomes goated vs the Bills defense, while he had a brain fart against the Bengals. Nothing to do with Allen or Burrow.

Stop inventing arguments that aren't there, tbh.
    How'd Allen do in the 2019, 2020, or 2022 playoffs tbh?

2019- got beat by an overall inferior team, lost a 4th quarter double digit lead in the process
    2020- won two home games by the skin of teeth, then got crushed by Mahomes
    2022- barely won at home against a bad team with no QB, then scored 10 in' points at home, and got his pushed in by Burrow

other than 2021 playoffs, which drastically inflated Trash Allen's numbers (I believe he scored 7 TDs versus a very bad Patriots team, before the KC game) - he's been a playoff zero

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    was my least favorite of the 4 in this draft

its just his preseason debut, but his processing looks painfully slow. even here, this ball should have been out way quicker. its a layup. but he sits and thinks about it way too long

i think Bryce will look very different in that regard. bryce was my clear cut #1 just because he looks very plug and play ready, where each of the other 3 needed work. Levis in a nice spot...

this will all be moot if Stroud pans out, but imo the texans had one of the worst drafts when you factor in the will anderson trade
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-10-2023 at 07:57 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Cute. Especially with the rushing yards gimmick. I believe the GOAT Tom Brady would be dead last there.

Now, what about W-L, and super bowl appearances? Playoff record vs KC, KC/CIN/BUF three-way, for the sake against argument?

Scam Newton had some awfully good looking stats and he actually made a Super Bowl, before he was exposed for the fraud he is.
    W-L shouldn't be the top way you rank QBS

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    W-L shouldn't be the top way you rank QBS
    To an extent, but rings absolutely do matter.

Even disregarding that, Burrow is the better QB by a mile. Burrow drops back looking to THROW, like a real quarterback. Burrow consistently throws from the pocket, and accurate, on-the-money passes outside the numbers to outside wideouts, which is a very difficult skill to find -- he's arguably better at that than Mahomes himself. Trash Allen drops back generally looking to scramble and either make some acrobatic throw on the run or monkeyball it. Like most running QBs, when he throws from the pocket it's generally over the middle and favoring the tight ends, because that's the convenient throw, but it's not the throw that makes good QBs elite. He's not a prototype QB and because of the monkeyballing, he's going to have major injury issues. Called the same thing for Lamar Jackson a few years ago and lately the Ravens have missed the playoffs because indeed Jackson has missed significant time due to lower leg injuries caused by being a running QB.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    1- Mahomes

2-Allen
    3-Burrow

4-Hurts
    5-Herbert
    6-Lamar
    7-Lawrence

8-Rodgers

After 8 it is a crapshoot, Imma give the benefit of the doubt to two guys that proved to be top 10 before:

9-Watson
    10-Stafford

Goff, Tua, Purdy, Carr, Cousins, Fields could all be here too.
    Update after week 4:

1-Mahomes

2-Allen

3-Tua
    4-Herbert
    5-Hurts
    6-Lamar
    7-Burrow
    8-Lawrence
    9-Purdy

10-Stafford/Cousins/Stroud

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Stroud looks better than I ever gave him credit for tbh. wasnt impressed in week 1, he showed some promise in week 2, albeit with a lot of garbage time, but played outstanding in weeks 3 and 4. he's coming along nice and just looks comfortable, which is surprising for a rookie playing behind an OL like that

I had higher expectations of richardson than most, and he's outperforming even that. luck with a concussion on a touchdown run. not even like he took a huge hit. just fell on his back and head snapped down. but this guy has been electric as long as he's on the field. yeah he still misses a pass high here and there, but by and large his accuracy has been fine. he's also been the victim of some shaky receiver play. there are some drops, but also some plays where guys simply didnt look back at the ball, etc. some of his best throws this year have ended up being incompletions. this is an example of all that (though PI also should have been called on the defense here)

and here... just some bad luck on an outstanding throw. though you question why the backup TE is out there running a double move down the filed while pittman is given a blocking assignment in the slot

bryce is struggling bad, but he has absolutely nothing going for him. he has a OL (so does Stroud), but he has even worse weaponry around him than Stroud does. still, stroud is out there making lemonade.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Crazy to think that we went into the season with the most lopsided disparity in conference QB talent and now you’re adding the promise of Richardson and Stroud to the mix

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    just think kirk cousins. when things go right, he's probably a top 5 accurate passer and has a solid arm. when he decides to let it rip, he has a lot more zip than people think. not stafford territory but probably top 10-ish when it comes to general arm talent

by all accounts good character guy, locker room guy. always says right things at press conferences, etc. wont get you in any trouble there.

he's tough when it comes to playing thru injuries, but he's soft in the moment (has a tendency to crumble when the pocket isnt holding up... fumbles more easily than he should). has had a track record of being quick to check down, throw it away, or take the short gimme when bigger plays are available, which is frustrating because he actually has a good deep ball. similarly frustrating when he tries to loft so many throws with touch instead of just letting it rip.

what he does incredibly well is pre-snap processing. the best years of his career were probably the last two under gruden when he had complete freedom at the line to do whatever he wanted

also true that he's never had a good defense. since he was drafted, the raiders have never even had a top 20 defense a single time. saints roster should give him a better chance to succeed than the raiders did.

he's also coming off basically his worst individual season performance since maybe his rookie year tbh. uncharacteristically inaccurate... like just missing open throws. should rebound from that imo
    derek just pls use your natural arm talent more often like this

derek, pls stop throwing deep touch throws off your back foot all the time like this

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Midway through week 10:

1-Mahomes

2-Allen
    3-Stroud
    4-Hurts
    5-Lamar
    6-Tua
    7-Burrow

8-Herbert
    9-Lawrence
    10-Purdy

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Midway through week 10:

1-Mahomes

2-Allen
    3-Stroud
    4-Hurts
    5-Lamar
    6-Tua
    7-Burrow

8-Herbert
    9-Lawrence
    10-Purdy
    Scratch this. Herbert >> Joe "overrated"

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Midway through week 10:

1-Mahomes

2-Allen
    3-Stroud
    4-Hurts
    5-Lamar
    6-Tua
    7-Burrow

8-Herbert
    9-Lawrence
    10-Purdy
    I might have to reconsider Allen at #2, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Midway through week 10:

1-Mahomes

2-Allen
    3-Stroud
    4-Hurts
    5-Lamar
    6-Tua
    7-Burrow

8-Herbert
    9-Lawrence
    10-Purdy

Reconsider the NFL's great white Jameis Winston in your entire ing top 10, tbh.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    #2 is too high for Allen at the moment, for sure. Maybe if he was smarter, or had a better OC/offense to protect him from some of his tendencies, but we'll see what happens soon enough.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

Reconsider the NFL's great white Jameis Winston in your entire ing top 10, tbh.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt untill the end of the season. He always has these rough patches and then he ends the regular season on a tear.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt untill the end of the season. He always has these rough patches and then he ends the regular season on a tear.
    Who cares when he falls on his face in the playoffs

Thread Information