Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Deion played for 3 of my favorite teams. Twice reaching Championship game level. So I've always been a fan etc.

I am surprised how popular or frankly well known Deion still is in the sports world. Specifically to teenage athletes who never saw him play.

To me he isn't a hypocrit but would make a great politician. He knows what to sell to which audience, even when it kinda contradics.
    He understands the value of self promotion as a college coach.
    Is this not obvious? Everyone has a pitch. Deion has kept himself IN the game. Through camps, to coaching little guys, to coaching older guys.
    How does Steve Sarkisian resonate with kids, parents, and ability to coach given his background?
    How the does an alcoholic get ANY leeway?
    Why in the does UT hire him?
    Vulnerability and then honesty and then finally ability. "I fked up. Here is who I am and here is what I NOW understand. And btw, I know football and so do my assistant coaches."

So Deion is not allowed to use HIS pitch.... Why the fk not? You want to talk contradictions.?
    Imagine a alcoholic black coach who has already embarrassed the out of a huge program and football team and himself... just imagine can you. Does he get rehired? Ever?
    Deion also has a HUGE + on his side that he probably gets away with more than any pale face coach. CHRISTIANITY.
    Why people dont just say this is beyond me.
    The avowed Polish Catholic does not see this?

its amazing to me how people can so blindly overlook the ENTIRE picture...

"Im coming..." oh? nothing to look into with this statement...? Its all a bout Deion. No, actually it is not. There are appealing undertones.

I personally do not believe this is a bad thing. It just is what it is. Use your skills and background to your advantage.
    Recruits and their parents need to get serious about the nature of the business now that they are IN the business.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Back to football and not Frosty tasty race lectures about black soccer players being uniquely stupid. Which absolutely gives him away in such a devastating form. Pele was stupid...

ATM lost Weigman for the year most likely.
    This kid was having a great season and really looked like he would help Fisher and Petrino (if Petrino really calls the plays) out.
    Max Johnson threw a great long ball in the last game as backup. But he did not work out last year as a starter. This has got to hurt the Aggies unless Max has gotten much better. Or Petrino is actually aiding the ATM offense. Weigman was absolutely outstanding imo.
    wiegman brings more to the table than max does, for sure, but johnson got hurt last year and that's why weigman stepped in. supposedly, it was a neck and neck battle between the two for the starting job this fall. ags have issues on the o-line and on the defensive side of the ball that likely hurt the aggies more than the loss of weigman will.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Is this not obvious? Everyone has a pitch. Deion has kept himself IN the game. Through camps, to coaching little guys, to coaching older guys.
    How does Steve Sarkisian resonate with kids, parents, and ability to coach given his background?
    Vulnerability and then honesty and then finally ability. "I fked up. Here is who I am and here is what I NOW understand. And btw, I know football and so do my assistant coaches."

So Deion is not allowed to use HIS pitch.... Why the fk not? You want to talk contradictions.?
    Imagine a alcoholic black coach who has already embarrassed the out of a huge program and football team and himself... just imagine can you. Does he get rehired? Ever?
    Deion also has a HUGE + on his side that he probably gets away with more than any pale face coach. CHRISTIANITY.

"Im coming..." oh? nothing to look into with this statement...? Its all a bout Deion. No, actually it is not. There are appealing undertones.

I personally do not believe this is a bad thing. It just is what it is. Use your skills and background to your advantage.
    Recruits and their parents need to get serious about the nature of the business now that they are IN the business.
    the hypocrisy is everywhere. black athletes need to: shut up, not talk politics, not be brash, not be flamboyant, etc. And college campuses all over have racist elements, including CU. A&M for instance, is racist. UT has racism. At A&M, the Black student population is just around 5% and for good reason-it's a conservative school that embraces its conservatism. without a doubt, a healthy percentage of students celebrating Black athletes on Saturday afternoons or evenings are from the same contingency that would shout them off campus once these athletes started voicing their opinions about the lack of diversity at A&M. trust me, i saw it when i was there and i can guarantee it's still prevalent.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Except for NFL network for a short period of time, Deion has barely been in the public eye for the past 15+ years. That is my point about being surprised teenagers know of him. YouTube clips can only go so far.

I can't speak for Texas but FSU without pulling strings was unable to hire Deion as HC Pre-2022 because Deion did not at the time possess a College Degree.

Where did I say Deion is a bad thing? Seems like your friend Blake got offended by my compliment, stating Deion would make a quality politician.

Didn't you just accuse me of going on a "race lecture" and then proceed to post this message. Stand by your posts and points. Don't play this rope-a-dope of victim while taking jabs.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    the hypocrisy is everywhere. black athletes need to: shut up, not talk politics, not be brash, not be flamboyant, etc. And college campuses all over have racist elements, including CU. A&M for instance, is racist. UT has racism. At A&M, the Black student population is just around 5% and for good reason-it's a conservative school that embraces its conservatism. without a doubt, a healthy percentage of students celebrating Black athletes on Saturday afternoons or evenings are from the same contingency that would shout them off campus once these athletes started voicing their opinions about the lack of diversity at A&M. trust me, i saw it when i was there and i can guarantee it's still prevalent.
    I studied STEM at the University and I represented a minority race at the California school. Athletics & Greek Life is noise. Students in difficult majors don't have the time for that stuff. It's bad enough being forced to drop tens-of-thousands for the General Ed requirements [complete scam]. At our school the Black Association had their own suite in a brand new building. I told my best friend (Asian) not that long ago, it would be harder to attend School in the South because of the long Legacies. Even I as a White but immigrant.

EDIT: vast majority of students are pre-ocuppied getting on LinkedIn. Finding an internship. Politics, brash, flamboyant is wild.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 09-29-2023 at 05:16 AM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I studied STEM at the University and I represented a minority race at the California school. Athletics & Greek Life is noise. Students in difficult majors don't have the time for that stuff. It's bad enough being forced to drop tens-of-thousands for the General Ed requirements [complete scam]. At our school the Black Association had their own suite in a brand new building. I told my best friend (Asian) not that long ago, it would be harder to attend School in the South because of the long Legacies. Even I as a White but immigrant.

EDIT: vast majority of students are pre-ocuppied getting on LinkedIn. Finding an internship. Politics, brash, flamboyant is wild.
    Why did you go out of your way to not mention what school you went to?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Except for NFL network for a short period of time, Deion has barely been in the public eye for the past 15+ years. That is my point about being surprised teenagers know of him. YouTube clips can only go so far.

I can't speak for Texas but FSU without pulling strings was unable to hire Deion as HC Pre-2022 because Deion did not at the time possess a College Degree.

Where did I say Deion is a bad thing? Seems like your friend Blake got offended by my compliment, stating Deion would make a quality politician.

Didn't you just accuse me of going on a "race lecture" and then proceed to post this message. Stand by your posts and points. Don't play this rope-a-dope of victim while taking jabs.
    He has been fully engaged in YOUTH football like I posted. He had built a following of young people by running some outstanding camps, hs teams etc…

Oh so black people are only dumb in soccer?
    You can’t hide you past posts buster.
    You need to remember that I REMEMBER.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Why did you go out of your way to not mention what school you went to?
    Cal State. Not a UC school.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    He has been fully engaged in YOUTH football like I posted. He had built a following of young people by running some outstanding camps, hs teams etc…

Oh so black people are only dumb in soccer?
    You can’t hide you past posts buster.
    You need to remember that I REMEMBER.
    Yes. I read that. Doesn't apply to my original post.

Let's settle down on the capitalizing words behavior. Take a deep breath.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cal State. Not a UC school.
    I don't understand how your experience at a small school has anything to do with what rjv is saying. Well, I guess except as an extraneous anecdote about you happening to be in a minority group?

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    I don't understand how your experience at a small school has anything to do with what rjv is saying. Well, I guess except as an extraneous anecdote about you happening to be in a minority group?
    He shared his experience
    I shared my experience

Since you pressed me. Southern racism is often xenophobic not actual race related.

And even wealth.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He shared his experience
    I shared my experience

Since you pressed me. Southern racism is often xenophobic not actual race related.

And even wealth.
    Have you lived in the South? It's not about xenophobia.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    racists in the south are equal opportunity bigots; they hate on persons of color, gays, Jews and immigrants.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    racists in the south are equal opportunity bigots; they hate on persons of color, gays, Jews and immigrants.
    Do you believe racism is lateral?

In my experience its cycle and often chicken or the egg

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Have you lived in the South? It's not about xenophobia.
    I believe that region suffers from the most racism.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

CHOP

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yes. I read that. Doesn't apply to my original post.

Let's settle down on the capitalizing words behavior. Take a deep breath.
    Then stop with your pretending like you have not already made a grand statement on blacks.
    At least say something like:

"Deion is a ni____, but he is our (FSU) ni____ "

That deep breath is really a sigh of having to correct your true intentions.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    I know you mean well but this is weird man.

You are obsessed with a post I made in the soccer forum. Honestly I've never considered your posts important enough to follow.

And if I said something that offended you. I'm Slavic polak. My grandparents met in a nazi camp, I arrived to America in a suitcase.

No offense but you can't comprehend. I'm putting a 4th nation on my resume next summer in Berlin. You'll still be here doing this. I'll say what I want, when I want. And I'm a good guy.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 09-29-2023 at 08:42 PM.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    I'm an optimistic person and treat everyone how I want to be.

And I hold my own views. I don't let politics control my life. I vote how I want. What I described is American, less so European.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I know you mean well but this is weird man.

You are obsessed with a post I made in the soccer forum. Honestly I've never considered your posts important enough to follow.

And if I said something that offended you. I'm Slavic polak. My grandparents met in a nazi camp, I arrived to America in a suitcase.

No offense but you can't comprehend. I'm putting a 4th nation on my resume next summer in Berlin. You'll still be here doing this. I'll say what I want, when I want. And I'm a good guy.
    Ah the worldly traveler schtick and his unique insightful into the big world I will never see.
    You have no idea where I go, who I know intimately, Or what I do.
    I will say this since we get the 4th country bragging.
    My Uncle is a US diplomat. I get lots of insight into the world you will never experience, through travel and his advice on what to read.
    And because I am interested. I have relatives who are Polish. So you chose the wrong country because I know about this place. Especially its past.
    Just a strange coincidence that is unfortunate for you as a bigoted hypocrite. You chose the wrong country to be from as it has its place in my world.

What you really need to understand is when you post blatantly racist material it carries over as a generalization.
    And yeah I know its weird for you because you want to pretend it is not a part of your thoughts in another forum.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Ah the worldly traveler schtick and his unique insightful into the big world I will never see.
    You have no idea where I go, who I know intimately, Or what I do.
    I will say this since we get the 4th country bragging.
    My Uncle is a US diplomat. I get lots of insight into the world you will never experience, through travel and his advice on what to read.
    And because I am interested. I have relatives who are Polish. So you chose the wrong country because I know about this place. Especially its past.
    Just a strange coincidence that is unfortunate for you as a bigoted hypocrite. You chose the wrong country to be from as it has its place in my world.

What you really need to understand is when you post blatantly racist material it carries over as a generalization.
    And yeah I know its weird for you because you want to pretend it is not a part of your thoughts in another forum.
    Awesome so you know about my birth & blood.

Why are you so fixated on bigots, racist etc? Personally I feel I post about it no more than anyone else.

What offends you so much by my actions? I use to be liberal but overall my perspective wasn't that much different.

I watch random news here and there. There is only 1 topic that physically gets my blood going. Without my intention - illegal migration to Europe.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Awesome so you know about my birth & blood.

Why are you so fixated on bigots, racist etc? Personally I feel I post about it no more than anyone else.

What offends you so much by my actions? I use to be liberal but overall my perspective wasn't that much different.

I watch random news here and there. There is only 1 topic that physically gets my blood going. Without my intention - illegal migration to Europe.
    I see no reason to think black people are genetically inferior.
    Its a very common conclusion. And since you have a science background maybe you should know why.
    In fact, I think this misconception hurts with the brainpower the US ac ulates.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    I see no reason to think black people are genetically inferior.
    Its a very common conclusion. And since you have a science background maybe you should know why.
    Good lord you are caught up on this.

It's a philosophical argument- if we agree blacks are physically superior then also arguing they are mentally superior - makes them super human

Nothing is absolute. And furthermore education can shape the mind/person.

To answer your question: no one is mentally inferior or superior. I'm a big believer in education quality.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Are you offended because you have Polish blood?

I'm not even racist on here

Polaks have an issue with religion but not skin color. And it's behind closed doors not public mistreatment

Thread Information