Page 186 of 244 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 6085
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tHaT tALeNt iS So hIgH It’S oOzIng Out oF mY sCrEen

People are lying to themselves if they watch these clips and come away impressed. The glow is coming straight from the media and from no other player stepping up and it’s sad.
    Great size. Great feet. Good athleticism. Game looks high IQ and very low experience and coaching. Diagnoses plays before they happen. Very active hands and awareness on defense. Constantly competing. Attacks the rim knowing his shot isn't there. Looking for ways to contribute instead of fading away.

Obviously inexperienced at high level ball. Issue adapting to physicality with under developed body and inexperienced finisher. Like his quick release but body is not well set on shots. More inexperience. Overtly aggressive on defense, inexperienced guarding quality offensive moves.

Shooters who are going through dry streaks tend to look bad at all levels. Kid still competing and trying to make things happen. If potential is what you're drafting, he has it.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher ing sucks.

It’s Dilly or Sheppard. If neither is at the top of the draft board, trade the pick B Wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

will he even go in the 1st round?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher ing sucks.

It’s Dilly or Sheppard. If neither is at the top of the draft board, trade the pick B Wrong
    No. More. ing. Teenagers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to disappoint, but they’ll draft at least 1 if not 2 of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK.

Read and Google translate this about how he played center in FNT and never liked it.

Read this, I translate for you:

"The coach of the France team [Vincent Collet] knows how to combine these two interior profiles [Gobert & Wembanyama]. In [Mets] Levallois, his playing pattern placed Ibrahima Fall Faye (then Anzejs Pasecniks) under the basket, in support position 5, very restricted in his movements. Victor Wembanyama orbits around this verticality, triggers from mid-range, causes shifts and releases the ball at the center."

That's the definition of playing PF (modern PF).
    "Google translate"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher ing sucks.

Give me castle… if you get him an Zach R we are golden!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well with Spurs winning we probably now looking at pick 4 to 6 with out first pick which probably gets us a good bench player for a playoff team. We got 8 games left thought against some good teams though some might be resting starter to get ready for playoffs. I think though we win 2 or 3 out of the 8 remaining games
    Last edited by BackHome; 03-29-2024 at 10:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great size. Great feet. Good athleticism. Game looks high IQ and very low experience and coaching. Diagnoses plays before they happen. Very active hands and awareness on defense. Constantly competing. Attacks the rim knowing his shot isn't there. Looking for ways to contribute instead of fading away.

Obviously inexperienced at high level ball. Issue adapting to physicality with under developed body and inexperienced finisher. Like his quick release but body is not well set on shots. More inexperience. Overtly aggressive on defense, inexperienced guarding quality offensive moves.

Shooters who are going through dry streaks tend to look bad at all levels. Kid still competing and trying to make things happen. If potential is what you're drafting, he has it.
    This is satire, right?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well with Spurs winning we probably now looking at pick 4 to 6 with out first pick which probably gets us a good bench player for a playoff team.
    I'd much rather get wins off epic Wemby performances than a couple more lottery balls for a crap draft tbh. Especially with Risacher falling off hard lately, Sarr not even earning heavy playoff minutes in the NBL, and Topic pulling a Wiseman so that no one really looks head and shoulders over anyone else.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd much rather get wins off epic Wemby performances than a couple more lottery balls for a crap draft tbh. Especially with Risacher falling off hard lately, Sarr not even earning heavy playoff minutes in the NBL, and Topic pulling a Wiseman so that no one really looks head and shoulders over anyone else.
    Still better to get the higher pick because the players on top of the Spurs board may be gone if they pick 5 or lower.

These wins mean nothing. Next year what matters is who they have on the roster and it's a clean slate again.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still better to get the higher pick because the players on top of the Spurs board may be gone if they pick 5 or lower.

These wins mean nothing. Next year what matters is who they have on the roster and it's a clean slate again.
    Wemby dropping 40/20/7/2 to beat a good Knicks team when Brunson goes nuclear for 61 isn't meaningless. Still going to finish somewhere from 3rd to 5th worst record in the league, probably 4th worst given how difficult the remaining schedule is with Golden State, Denver twice, New Orleans, Philly, and OKC with every one of those games vitally important for seeding, and the only easy opponents being a road game in Memphis and a home game vs Detroit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me Knecht. Dude is ready and deadly

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby dropping 40/20/7/2 to beat a good Knicks team when Brunson goes nuclear for 61 isn't meaningless. Still going to finish somewhere from 3rd to 5th worst record in the league, probably 4th worst given how difficult the remaining schedule is with Golden State, Denver twice, New Orleans, Philly, and OKC with every one of those games vitally important for seeding, and the only easy opponents being a road game in Memphis and a home game vs Detroit.
    Wins now are meaningless for the long run, what matters is where the spurs draft and who is on the board when they draft and who they draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit, Washington, Charlotte, Portland, Toronto, Utah sitting starters to improve their lottery odds. Spurs seem to be the only team in the bottom (other than Memphis) happy with getting wins at the moment. I don't get it, but whatever it is they're going for, I hope it pans out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea the more I watch Knecht, the more I like him. He’s a plug-and-play starter beside Wemby. Idk if I touch him in the top-2 necessarily, just because he is almost 23 already and he’s not a great athlete, nor is he a strong defender, so he’s more of a high floor/lower ceiling role player. But I do like his fit beside Wemby a lot. He would be an instant massive upgrade over Champagnie tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone here have strong opinions either way on Tidjane Salaun? 6'10", 18-year-old Frenchman with 7'1" wingspan. Can shoot the three.
    I've long had him as the dark horse for the Spurs natural 1st.
    Salaun's biggest sell is his archetype as a big, 3&D stretch four, but he hasn't proven to be that good of a defender or shooter and he doesn't look all that fluid either. Taking him with the Spurs' own pick sounds like a reach in the present hoping that next year he'd be worth the pick you're using on him right now. That sounds a lot like the reasoning behind the miserably failed Primo experiment, and that's disregarding his peculiar off court hobbies. I'd be extremely underwhelmed if that's the case.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby looked happy and committed after the win. You could argue that's more important than the losing more to stay at the 3rd seed vs the 5th. Hard to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Give the kid a break” is a statement that’s ok for kids projected 8th, 9th, 10th… not the ing 1st or 2nd pick.

this guy is being handed that top 2 le. He deserves no break, especially when players in the past picked in that range accomplished a a lot more than playing mediocre in pro league games.

“long trip to Istanbul” big ing whoop
    You might be right in a vacuum, but unfortunately this year that's exactly what you're getting, a bunch of players who'd be taken 5 or so spots later in most other classes. In that context, I'm willing to be more lenient than usual on Risacher as a 6'9" 18 year old wing than I'd be on others. We're picking our poison, so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby looked happy and committed after the win. You could argue that's more important than the losing more to stay at the 3rd seed vs the 5th. Hard to say.
    Well, I'd like to see his happy look next year if the best prospect of the class ends up taken a couple of spots before by one of the teams that were tanking today (all of them) and kicking ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade the pick(s) tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I see him, the more I'm convinced that Zach Edey is the only real fame changer in this draft class... And given Wemby elite athleticism, I frankly think they can coexist in a big dominant team. Look at all the ncaa opponents that Purdue us facing... There's no way you don't double Edey in the post otherwise you're gone to suffer 2 points at every possession... Pair it with Wemby and some decent playmaking, some good shooters and some decent slashers and you practically have an unstoppable offense... While Wemby as an helping big defender is the best you can find (and he can or should've more than capable of covering Edey's limited defensive inefficiency).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I see him, the more I'm convinced that Zach Edey is the only real fame changer in this draft class... And given Wemby elite athleticism, I frankly think they can coexist in a big dominant team. Look at all the ncaa opponents that Purdue us facing... There's no way you don't double Edey in the post otherwise you're gone to suffer 2 points at every possession... Pair it with Wemby and some decent playmaking, some good shooters and some decent slashers and you practically have an unstoppable offense... While Wemby as an helping big defender is the best you can find (and he can or should've more than capable of covering Edey's limited defensive inefficiency).
    Wemby & Edey would create nightmares for opponents. While they’re jacking up 35% 3s those two are 60% in the paint. Edey will be gone by the 5th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ofc you want as high of a pick you can, like in any other year. That's not an exact science, there are busts and surprises, bu statiscally, the higher you pick the better the chances at a better guy, no matter the "quality" of the draft, and you want the best chances at picking the guy YOU want, then live with the outcome.

Not to see THAT kid you want only selected one pick earlier then blossom while your pick won't. We can decrete, in front of you screen, this draft is weak all we want, and there's no difference between the first 10 guys, about guys many never heard of 2 or 3 months ago, and still never saw play, then make definive judgements ouf a few games in March, but at the end of the day there WILL be differences. Not all these prospects picked in top 6-7 will habe the same career.

And that's not how (real) scouting works. It's always been and always will be about potential, and a slump here or a couple good games there is not how an NBA team will pick their guy. That might influatuate things a little but most of these kids have been followed throughout the year, and several years for some. They're young guys playing in different environments, put some euro guys playing pro in College and maybe they kill it. Put College players in pro enviroment and maybe they don't exist. Or vice and versa.

And potential is the reason why, like any year, these kids are mocked in a certain way, indepently of micro perfomances. Taking one Risacher's game stat sheet (that you don't even watched) or a slump into an entire season to say "uh this kid sucks" or 2 good College games vs. scrub to say "this kid is this or that" just doesn't make sense, nor how GMs make their choice, on the contrary. It's about not letting yourself fooled by the moment and seeing the big picture, and the potential, focusing on fundamentals, IQ, measurements and trying to imagine how it would translate to the NBA.

And it's even truer in a year where the vision of this draft is, at first sight, maybe not as clear than in other years.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-30-2024 at 06:53 AM.

Thread Information