Page 217 of 230 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 5727
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs win the lottery again and draft Risacher, then somehow Topic falls to #7 and the Raptors’ pick conveys, I will cry tears of joy.

PG - Topic
    SG - Vassell
    SF - Risacher
    PF - Sochan
    C - Wemby

That starting 5 would dominate the league for years to come

Spacing would be atrocious with this lineup tbh. Not to mention the glaring lack of defense with this backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think there a pretty good chance Topic's long term position might be PF in the NBA. His lack of athleticism and outside shooting doesn't bode well for a PG and he already 6'7 and could keep growing. His short comings as a player are less problematic at PF and you can still deploy him as a point forward like Diaw or Draymond on offense.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think there a pretty good chance Topic's long term position might be PF in the NBA. His lack of athleticism and outside shooting doesn't bode well for a PG and he already 6'7 and could keep growing. His short comings as a player are less problematic at PF and you can still deploy him as a point forward like Diaw or Draymond on offense.
    Hmmm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ivisic transferring to arkansas to follow coach cal

i really liked him as a second round option as a nice backup C

i think he ends up a lotto pick next year
    Idk why he's not declaring tbh. Cal played him like 10mins a game and next year's draft is deeper. I thought he had a shot at being a late 1st this year. Doubt he moves up much more from that next season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's almost 0% chance Topic becomes anything but a lead ball handler in the league. If he can't make it as that then he's out of the league in < 5 years tbh.

Guys like Amen/Ausar can play PF/C because they're at 99th percentile athletes even in the NBA. Topic is not that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm moved Risacher way down the big board tbh. Being absolutely horrible from shooting (and scoring in general) for the last few months while the spotlight is on him is a massive red flag IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk why he's not declaring tbh. Cal played him like 10mins a game and next year's draft is deeper. I thought he had a shot at being a late 1st this year. Doubt he moves up much more from that next season tbh.
    he will move up when he starts playing over double the minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's almost 0% chance Topic becomes anything but a lead ball handler in the league. If he can't make it as that then he's out of the league in < 5 years tbh.

Guys like Amen/Ausar can play PF/C because they're at 99th percentile athletes even in the NBA. Topic is not that
    the more and go back and re-watch topic, the more i buy his ability to blow by guys, drive in either direction, get into the paint, etc

but im also selling on his jump shooting. yes hes an excellent FT shooter but he needs to completely re-invent his jump shooting mechanics. he's not close there imo. its not like when we saw (and see) wemby shoot poor percentages but have a crisp form that may just need moderate tweaks here and there.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the more and go back and re-watch topic, the more i buy his ability to blow by guys, drive in either direction, get into the paint, etc

but im also selling on his jump shooting. yes hes an excellent FT shooter but he needs to completely re-invent his jump shooting mechanics. he's not close there imo. its not like when we saw (and see) wemby shoot poor percentages but have a crisp form that may just need moderate tweaks here and there.
    Topic seems to rush his shot too much and just throws it up without shooting it with consistent form.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really hits home perhaps why the Spurs won up towards the end of the season. Thanks for the more accurate figures.

#3: $45.4M vs. #6: $34.1M after four years pay. So there's about $11MM difference between say a Risacher/Topic at #3 and say a Castle at #6. Question is, would there be $11MM worth of improvement in play between Risacher/Topic at #3 and Castle at #6 and I think you could argue no.
    I don't see it. They wanted to tank for draft position badly enough that they shut Vassell and Keldon down for the season and held Victor out of the OKC and Detroit games. It just backfired on them because Victor wasn't down for tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really wish he at least had a midrange shot. Can't say I'm too excited about a PG with no outside shot and no in between game who made his living at the rim against plumbers and Ukraine war conscripts in the ABA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Topic translating to the NBA level, honestly. The knee injury is the question for me. It seems much worse than they let on, originally. Spurs would need some deep intel before selecting him, I believe. His inclusion on mock draft boards seems based on his high rank in December. In my mind, he's fallen considerably.

Castle is intriguing to me. He has that intangible element that might make him a great NBA player eventually. We could use a solid defensive guard, too. He might go top 3-4 in this weird draft.

Dink Pate's fate for a draft waiver really has my interest piqued. He might be a couple of years away from contributing, though.

Draft workouts and the combine will likely be the determining factors as teams re-shuffle their draft boards.

If we lose Mamu, I hope we gain another big with smarts like that. His style seems so compatible with Wemby. I don't see one in this draft, but, I haven't really scoured the tapes, yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no CIA Pop move to win late to reduce payroll. Quite frankly, that is one of the more moronic takes on this board. If there is a wish to reduce payroll you can always trade down and pick up additional assets. Some people feel the need to over analyze a fart in the wind.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no CIA Pop move to win late to reduce payroll. Quite frankly, that is one of the more moronic takes on this board. If there is a wish to reduce payroll you can always trade down and pick up additional assets. Some people feel the need to over analyze a fart in the wind.
    i mean yea....but if we trade down,And a player we could of drafted turns out to be a star like topic dilly or rissacher or whoever.
    It will make our front office look like morons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Topic should be back on April 22 for the second game of Adriatic league playoffs.
    Logically both Partizan and Red Star should reach the final that will be a BO5. It will be a great opportunity to see what Topic can do at a higher level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Topic should be back on April 22 for the second game of Adriatic league playoffs.
    Logically both Partizan and Red Star should reach the final that will be a BO5. It will be a great opportunity to see what Topic can do at a higher level.
    baseline bum get in here

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't back yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seen him fall to the second round in some mock, which is something to watch

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean yea....but if we trade down,And a player we could of drafted turns out to be a star like topic dilly or rissacher or whoever.
    It will make our front office look like morons.
    No one makes decisions based on saving face if they screw up in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunn is fascinating but tbh i dont see him as anything other than a micro-ball center. which hey, as a 3rd center behind Vic/Zollins wouldnt be the worst thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could work well as a 3-4 on defense / 5 on offense.

But boy, does he need something that he can lean on on offense.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm confident Topic will be the Spurs pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a , Euroleague is over. Would be chicken to come back to play ABA against a bunch of scrub ass white boys.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a , Euroleague is over. Would be chicken to come back to play ABA against a bunch of scrub ass white boys.
    Quick look at the standings puts things into perspective.
    Topic's team finished Euroleague with 11-23, 16th out of 18 teams.
    They're 22-4 in ABA league.

Says enough, tbh.
    Maybe not NBA to G-league difference, but not that far from it.

Thread Information