Page 81 of 242 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 6039
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America may have it’s problems, but none of them compare to the fundamental disregard for human rights.

I say this, recognizing that there is a faction of the Republican Party for whom this sounds like a wet dream: https://www.hrw.org/world-report/202...chapters/qatar
    disregarding the rainbow is not a human rights violation

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for the draft, in light of the confirmation of a very slow process moving forward, if I had to guess , they will probably just pick whoever the best player is, not worrying about fit or need.

I don't see Wright favoring European players as perhaps RC did at times. The classic Brian Wright pick, to me, is Cody Williams. Positional diversity, good family background, young, known for skills over outright athleticism. In fact, I can see them trying to make him a point guard. To me, it all adds up as to their recent tendencies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for the draft, in light of the confirmation of a very slow process moving forward, if I had to guess , they will probably just pick whoever the best player is, not worrying about fit or need.

I don't see Wright favoring European players as perhaps RC did at times. The classic Brian Wright pick, to me, is Cody Williams. Positional diversity, good family background, young, known for skills over outright athleticism. In fact, I can see them trying to make him a point guard. To me, it all adds up as to their recent tendencies.
    I see this too. In fact, I see them trying to mold Dalton Knecht as a PG too.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this too. In fact, I see them trying to mold Dalton Knecht as a PG too.
    Interesting. I'll have to watch more of Knecht. My guess is he's too old for their preferred profile, but for a possible Toronto pick, you never know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's like BW's learned nothing. Taking European players is almost always the better decision especially if they're the same age. American players, notably only 1 yr into college, are having to be taught fundamentals of the game, and that's per Pop. European kids are often times playing grown ass adults and a higher skilled environment and cone out with higher BBIQ almost across the board. At least Knecht will be 23 with loads more experience than Cody Williams by draft day.

I'm seriously concerned Wright is simply over his skiis here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. I'll have to watch more of Knecht. My guess is he's too old for their preferred profile, but for a possible Toronto pick, you never know.
    Top 10 is REALLY high to pick a 23 YO on draft night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 is REALLY high to pick a 23 YO on draft night.
    Ha. See my post above...

TLDR --> Not when those 19 and 20 year old come into the League with zero concept of spacing or help defense, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Far bigger than the rainbow. Workers rights. Women's rights, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha. See my post above...

TLDR --> Not when those 19 and 20 year old come into the League with zero concept of spacing or help defense, etc
    A 23 YO is what they are. There won’t be much NBA development or upside. Not saying you shouldn’t pick one, but trade back to do so. He’s rated outside the lottery most places.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Knecht has any point guard in him whatsoever. He's pure attack and finish.

This year, a 23 year-old in the top 10 isn't going to be a stretch. I also want to emphasize that picking 19 year-olds who won't be able to contribute to wins for years isn't always the best tactic. Back in the day, taking a finished product from college was what you wanted. Now, we're looking at a Cody Williams who may sort of meet the concept of what you eventually want and taking him top five. The problem is that the NBA has cratered its rules so you want two to three skills at a very high level and basically nothing else. Yet you still need well-rounded players who actually know how to play.

Not saying Dalton Knecht is that guy, but Derrick White was that guy. This team badly needs non-Bambi players who have more than a vague idea of what they're doing. Not every draft pick needs to be a homerun swing at a 5% star. Sometimes getting beneficial pieces is the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dalton has shown more in that area than Sochan, and they experimented with Sochan.

From Pop: “but nowadays there is no longer traditional PG or C. Everything is switchable.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely disagree. Sochan is far, far more of a general playmaker for others than Dalton is. Knecht is more in the Jimmy Butler mode. Can definitely swing the ball and spot advantages on kick-outs, but he's looking to score and that's what he should be doing. Sochan is much closer to Scottie Barnes. Neither player should be running point, anyway, since they can't defend point guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and THAT is totally the extent of Qatar's human right record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop and Wright have some vision of the next evolution of basketball that they're going to try and affect via their team building decisions, then it will definitely be a long ride and there are only two possible destinations: glory or complete, abject failure. Buckle up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worried about cody williams weak rebounding.Especially with wemby and sochan weak at rebounding as well.All these sf
    seem weak at rebouding in this draft.Other then dunn but is a terrible shooter.Which we dont need another
    player who cant shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Knecht has any point guard in him whatsoever. He's pure attack and finish.

This year, a 23 year-old in the top 10 isn't going to be a stretch. I also want to emphasize that picking 19 year-olds who won't be able to contribute to wins for years isn't always the best tactic. Back in the day, taking a finished product from college was what you wanted. Now, we're looking at a Cody Williams who may sort of meet the concept of what you eventually want and taking him top five. The problem is that the NBA has cratered its rules so you want two to three skills at a very high level and basically nothing else. Yet you still need well-rounded players who actually know how to play.

Not saying Dalton Knecht is that guy, but Derrick White was that guy. This team badly needs non-Bambi players who have more than a vague idea of what they're doing. Not every draft pick needs to be a homerun swing at a 5% star. Sometimes getting beneficial pieces is the point.
    Back in the day, the best prospects stayed in college for 2-3 years. Now, they leave after one, verrrry occasionally two. The best prospect pool consists of 19 and 20 year olds. I don’t make the rules,but all 30 NBA clubs understand them.

You’re also not countering my argument by bringing up White. He was drafted #29, not in the top 10. I’d trade back for Knecht,but I wouldn’t take him top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because NBA teams continue to make the same mistakes over and over again doesn't mean we need to, especially in a low-talent draft like this one. Give me the high floor Derrick White pick over the high ceiling Josh Jackson at #4 or Frank Ktlitkina at #8 ten times out of ten (especially if we have two picks in the top ten).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in the day, the best prospects stayed in college for 2-3 years. Now, they leave after one, verrrry occasionally two. The best prospect pool consists of 19 and 20 year olds. I don’t make the rules,but all 30 NBA clubs understand them.

You’re also not countering my argument by bringing up White. He was drafted #29, not in the top 10. I’d trade back for Knecht,but I wouldn’t take him top 10.
    NBA teams are drafting players way, way too early. Like I said, the game has devolved into a single play style and they have to teach inexperienced, raw players how to play that style. Most of those players take several years to develop - at the cost of roster spots and money. Many of those players never make it. Drafted players in the past knew how to play multiple styles -- it's 'basketball,' after all -- and were much more ready out of the box. We see the consequence in American players just being absolute at doing anything other than spamming their moves over and over.

As for old players, again, this is a bad draft. You may think Dalton Knecht doesn't deserve to be top 10 or even lottery. In this draft he does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if that draft was re-done white would not go #29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if that draft was re-done white would not go #29
    Ability is only one facet. He’ll be 31 when his second contract is up. That’s ing ancient to be signing a 3rd deal. Older drafted players have shorter careers, because Father Time is unbeaten.

He would go higher than 29, but doubt anyone uses a lottery pick on him. It’s not like he turned out to be an All Star or an All NBA player. He’s a great connector,but that’s a skill much more useful to contending teams than rebuilding teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ability is only one facet. He’ll be 31 when his second contract is up. That’s ing ancient to be signing a 3rd deal. Older drafted players have shorter careers, because Father Time is unbeaten.

He would go higher than 29, but doubt anyone uses a lottery pick on him. It’s not like he turned out to be an All Star or an All NBA player. He’s a great connector,but that’s a skill much more useful to contending teams than rebuilding teams.
    there are 14 lottery picks every year and there are not 15 all star or all nba players getting drafted each year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you're hitting on why the draft market is so ed. Players are reclassifying to get into the draft as fast as they can, barely any of them contribute until near the end of their first contract, and teams are often getting them into a second contract because they are sort of showing something. It's a massive, largely unacknowledged problem. I guess it's great that the players are making bank, but there's a reason the sport was better in previous eras. And, again, reason why a Jason Tatum, maybe the best young American player out there, can do jack in the playoffs when he can't spam his regular moves. And why team USA is getting bombed in international tournaments.

Anyway, this team needs floor raisers, which is all this draft has. I don't give a crap that Knecht is 23 if he's better than a guy we draft at 19 who won't be as good as Knecht at 23. It'd be nice to not have to wait four years for weak possibility while the team loses all confidence and heart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knecht is going to struggle exponentially against the athleticism of NBA guards/wings. Guy can flat out shoot but I would look elsewhere in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worried about cody williams weak rebounding.Especially with wemby and sochan weak at rebounding as well.All these sf
    seem weak at rebouding in this draft.Other then dunn but is a terrible shooter.Which we dont need another
    player who cant shoot.
    Stephon Castle, Ja'Kobe Walter, Reed Sheppard, and even Rob Dillingham gather more rebounds per 36 minutes than Cody Williams. Each of them by 1.5 rebounds or more and Dillingham by .5 rebounds more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knecht is going to struggle exponentially against the athleticism of NBA guards/wings. Guy can flat out shoot but I would look elsewhere in the lottery.
    Have you seen him play? He has very good athleticism. He has speed, strength, and plays above the rim.

Thread Information