Page 231 of 288 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,775 of 7200
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should just brute force a starting wing in the next 2 drafts. The team would not have championship upside without one, regardless of the PG spot. If a star PG really desperate to come then hit UFA in 2025-2026. We may not even need one if we hit on the right wing player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching another undersized guard out of Kentucky in 6’2 Tyrese Maxey go off tonight and will his Sixers team to victory on the road against the Knicks makes me feel a little better about the prospects of drafting Dillingham tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching another undersized guard out of Kentucky in 6’2 Tyrese Maxey go off tonight and will his Sixers team to victory on the road against the Knicks makes me feel a little better about the prospects of drafting Dillingham tbh.
    He out-dueled the 6’2 Brunson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, that was a pure miracle in a series Sixers should already be out of and probably will soon, against a 6'2 guard on the other side. These short guards got exposed at some point anyway in the POs against real opposition (NY may not even be a PO team in the West). Not saying you do'nt want them on your team but not as your main guy and with a long guard/wing star besides. Ideal configuration is these guys as your thrid option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, that was a pure miracle in a series Sixers should already be out of and probably will soon, against a 6'2 guard on the other side. These short guards got exposed at some point anyway in the POs against real opposition (NY may not even be a PO team in the West). Not saying you do'nt want them on your team but not as your main guy and with a long guard/wing star besides. Ideal configuration is these guys as your thrid option.
    “There is no ideal configuration when WeMbY iS So UnIqUe nOthInG iN tHe PaST ApPliEs”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My ideal 2025 lineup:

Derrick White (UFA signing)
    Alexandre Sarr
    Jeremy Sochan
    Stephon Castle
    Victor Wembanyama
    You're ideal starting 5 is to surround Wemby with non shooters?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maxey has a 6'6 wingspan mate. It makes massive differences on D and to shoot when guarded

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we get the TOR pick, double down on wings. Any two of Risacher, Buzelis, Holland. That's my meaningless vote.
    Risacher-Buzelis would be ideal. Buzelis or Sochan would fit nicely with Wemby and Risacher. Sochan would start, but eventually either Sochan or Buzelis would win out as the long term starter. Then try and trade for or sign a PG elsewhere. I also think if Buzelis progresses like I believe he will it gives us more of a range of PG archetypes that we can pursue. A scoring 3D PG would be fine if Buzelis's playmaking develops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're ideal starting 5 is to surround Wemby with non shooters?
    My ideal starting 5 is a lineup that creates mismatch advantages every night and doesn't surround VW with more traffic cones on defense. No matter who the Spurs draft this year, we're gonna be garbage again because there's currently no one but VW who creates mismatches, offensively and defensively. We're not going anywhere but Lottery, until we massively upgrade our defense, and upgrade from Vassell and KJ as our 2nd and 3rd options.

White shoots almost 40% on threes for the season. Ask the Miami Heat if he's a shooter right now. He'll be a UFA in the summer of 2025.

Sarr plays like a wing. He's flat-out gonna be a star. Can shoot from long-range, has solid form, and has positional versatility that just isn't there with almost any other Lottery pick this year. Put his defense together with VW and Sochan, and we're night-and-day on team defense in one move. Worth the pick, even for that reason alone.

Sochan was an awful rookie shooter. Improved immensely this year. I trust he'll keep improving.

Castle has some Maxey in his game, but a bigger version. Maxey was a sub-30% 3-point shooter in college too, but the fundamentals were there, just like with Castle. Both are great on pick-and-roll midrange shots. Both can create on both sides of the floor. Castle already has solid midrange tools when playing with a big man in the middle. Put that together with his defensive IQ and I'm willing to wait for his three-point form to rise to the same level. He hit shots when they mattered in the Final Four.

I love KJ's spirit, but he's a low BBIQ guy. We need more smarts + leadership in crunch time, and I think Castle can be one of those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My ideal starting 5 is a lineup that creates mismatch advantages every night and doesn't surround VW with more traffic cones on defense. No matter who the Spurs draft this year, we're gonna be garbage again because there's currently no one but VW who creates mismatches, offensively and defensively. We're not going anywhere but Lottery, until we massively upgrade our defense, and upgrade from Vassell and KJ as our 2nd and 3rd options.

White shoots almost 40% on threes for the season. Ask the Miami Heat if he's a shooter right now. He'll be a UFA in the summer of 2025.

Sarr plays like a wing. He's flat-out gonna be a star. Can shoot from long-range, has solid form, and has positional versatility that just isn't there with almost any other Lottery pick this year. Put his defense together with VW and Sochan, and we're night-and-day on team defense in one move. Worth the pick, even for that reason alone.

Sochan was an awful rookie shooter. Improved immensely this year. I trust he'll keep improving.

Castle reminds me of a bigger version of Maxey. Maxey was a sub-30% 3-point shooter in college too, but the fundamentals were there, just like with Castle. Both are great on pick-and-roll midrange shots. Both can create on both sides of the floor. Castle already has solid midrange tools when playing with a big man in the middle. Put that together with his defensive IQ and I'm willing to wait for his three-point form to rise to the same level. He hit shots when they mattered in the Final Four.

I love KJ's spirit, but he's a low BBIQ guy. We need more smarts + leadership in crunch time, and I think Castle can be one of those guys.
    Watch more than a 3 minute video before you blow your load. He’s not the player you think he is.

it’s a massive exaggeration to say he can shoot. His numbers clearly say otherwise. He’s a player who was given the green light to do what he wants on offense, which leads to a few made shots that people compiled into a highlight video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve watched 46 hours of film on Sarr alone and i agree that his perimeter and shooting skills are not nearly as good as people seem to think

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Castle has some Maxey in his game, but a bigger version. Maxey was a sub-30% 3-point shooter in college too, but the fundamentals were there, just like with Castle. Both are great on pick-and-roll midrange shots. Both can create on both sides of the floor. Castle already has solid midrange tools when playing with a big man in the middle. Put that together with his defensive IQ and I'm willing to wait for his three-point form to rise to the same level. He hit shots when they mattered in the Final Four.

I like Sarr but he is not a shooter from the perimeter. Shoots very few shots because it makes no sense for him to be firing low % shots from the perimeter. He has the most upside in this draft class and I expect any team will draft him with the first pick.

Sochan only increased his 3pt % by 6.2 % and his overall fg% droped by 1.5% so he did not improve immensely.

I like Castle but he may never be a perimeter scorer becaue his form does not look good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Kentucky. But the 2024 Draft equivalent to Maxey isn’t Dillingham. That would be Jared McCain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just give me Dillingham paired with (maybe) Knecht or the best 3 - and - D wing (yes, I know Knecht isn't a good defensive prospect) and I'm good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the date we find out the lottery order?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sunday, 12th.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Sarr but he is not a shooter from the perimeter. Shoots very few shots because it makes no sense for him to be firing low % shots from the perimeter. He has the most upside in this draft class and I expect any team will draft him with the first pick.
    Sarr will likely be pick #1. That's why all our discussion of Sarr is likely academic if the Spurs don't get that pick (although I do like him and Topic).

May 12.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maxey has a 6'6 wingspan mate. It makes massive differences on D and to shoot when guarded
    Exactly. Not only do I seriously doubt Dilly is 6’3”, he’s at best a +0 wingspan and super slight.

It’s not hard: just draft the best wing prospect available with the natural pick, swing for the fences if the TOR pick conveys, and wait for the CLE and ATL point guard drama to unfold this summer.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I've come to the conclusion that the focus on PG is overblown. Do the Spurs need a better starting PG? Yes, but more importantly, they need solid depth. The Wemby, Tre, Vassell, Sochan, and Keldon lineup played the second most minutes and was +20.5 per 100. If that lineup played the most minutes, the Spurs are in the play-in at a minimum. The issue if you play that as the starters is the rotations are all messed up since the bench is not NBA level right now.

Another thought I've had is that whoever they pick needs to be a plus defender (or the ability to be one) more than anything. If Wemby has to save the defense season after season, he's never going to be able to develop on the offensive end since he'll be spending so much energy on defense.

And finally, this is the year to pick safe. Swing for the fences when the draft is good, but the last thing the Spurs can afford to do this year is pick a bust. Pick safe this year and swing for the fences next year.

Given all of that, I'm really hoping that Dillingham is not the pick since his defense seems terrible which gives him a lot of bust potential alongside making Wemby's job harder. Cody Williams is who I have my eye on since I think he's got the most easily translatable defensive ability along with being an elite paint finisher. If you believe in his shot, which I do, then he seems like the highest floor of the top 10 prospects.
    Last edited by Truckules; 1 Week Ago at 05:26 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I've come to the conclusion that the focus on PG is overblown. Do the Spurs need a better starting PG? Yes, but more importantly, they need solid depth. The Wemby, Tre, Vassell, Sochan, and Keldon lineup played the second most minutes and was +20.5 per 100. If that lineup played the most minutes, the Spurs are in the play-in at a minimum. The issue if you play that as the starters is the rotations are all messed up since the bench is not NBA level right now.

Another thought I've had is that whoever they pick needs to be a plus defender (or the ability to be one) more than anything. If Wemby has to save the defense season after season, he's never going to be able to develop on the offensive end since he'll be spending so much energy on defense.

And finally, this is the year to pick safe. Swing for the fences when the draft is good, but the last thing the Spurs can afford to do this year is pick a bust. Pick safe this year and swing for the fences next year.

Given all of that, I'm really hoping that Dillingham is not the pick since his defense seems terrible which gives him a lot of bust potential alongside making Wemby's job harder. Cody Williams is who I have my eye on since I think he's got the most easily translatable defensive ability along with being an elite paint finisher. If you believe in his shot, which I do, then he seems like the lowest floor of the top 10 prospects.
    of course a pg is important.To many times we saw the offense stall and saw many stupid plays.Just the little time we saw granham in
    it made our offense faster and confused the defence which helped get players open especially wemby.A pg who pushes the pace would
    be great for us.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a feeling they go for Buzelis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic pretty much has stayed in top 4 of the draft for several months and I think they will pick him because he fits a need, but also because he probably is that high on there board as far as talent. I think Bleacher Report just came out with a new mock that has us taking Topic and then with Raptors pick getting Dilly ...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic pretty much has stayed in top 4 of the draft for several months and I think they will pick him because he fits a need, but also because he probably is that high on there board as far as talent. I think Bleacher Report just came out with a new mock that has us taking Topic and then with Raptors pick getting Dilly ...
    Spurs will find a way to surround Wemby with an athletically challenged team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather have him surrounded with players who have high ball IQ VS. the Athletic Deer. Two players who I think would thrive playing with Topic would be Wemby and Mamu as both just have ball IQ they just now when to cut to the basket or flare for a 3 ball shot

Thread Information