Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233
Results 5,801 to 5,817 of 5817
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed LeBowen Spurs may be eyeing a decentralized playmaking-by-committee thriving on indirect creation especially with Vic's potential as a hub QB. Vassell started more effortlessly racking up AST in the tail end of this season, wonder if that's a changing development. But even if it was just the extra pass, Dev's emergence as more connective or should any other Spurs players join in it may demonstrate the role is more or less fulfilled. Then are you still looking at the PG need as closely?

If PATFO thinks they can get fluid ball movement and build a system that feeds off of secondary orchestration they may decide they do not need to run the ball through a traditional PG style. Then an off ball wing would plug in more naturally perhaps? Does SA already have the initiators sufficient to operate a well oiled offense and then shouldn't the focus swing to talented recipients?

Obvs I think SA still needs a PG anyway, Jones/Wesley feels too barren. But perhaps you could get away with a less valuable one that just stopgaps the position as opposed to blowing considerable draft capital on a name brand guard.
    this is something ive been considering quite a bit and is one of the reasons im optimistic that sheppard can get by at point guard if that ends up being the pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like getting away with the lesser pick on McCain instead of using the higher pick on Dillingham so you can focus the higher value pick (in the event TOR conveys) on a wing prospect. Mostly just if you were in range for Risacher somehow not sure another 2024 SF/PF would qualify in this example.

Risacher & McCain would be a strong get with possibly looking at Traore in 2025, possibly to replace Jones, or to bump Wesley out should he fizzle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is something ive been considering quite a bit and is one of the reasons im optimistic that sheppard can get by at point guard if that ends up being the pick
    Agreed spurraider21 I think it's at least in play. So in that case the flashy PG premium may not be necessary draft or FA, so that would include Trae Young too. Maybe we are looking at this all wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also agree that at least in the recent sense the Nuggets and Jokic make this model all possible

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like getting away with the lesser pick on McCain instead of using the higher pick on Dillingham so you can focus the higher value pick (in the event TOR conveys) on a wing prospect. Mostly just if you were in range for Risacher somehow not sure another 2024 SF/PF would qualify in this example.

Risacher & McCain would be a strong get with possibly looking at Traore in 2025, possibly to replace Jones, or to bump Wesley out should he fizzle
    If the choice was between picking Dilly or trading back and getting McCain and another significant asset, then I'd trade back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean it would depend on how significant that asset is, but man i dno about that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean it would depend on how significant that asset is, but man i dno about that
    For example... if we get Toronto at 7 or 8 and Nola wanted someone there and we could get one of their forwards + #17 (assuming McCain is there), I'd do that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For example... if we get Toronto at 7 or 8 and Nola wanted someone there and we could get one of their forwards + #17 (assuming McCain is there), I'd do that...
    seems unrealistic imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems unrealistic imo
    Its just one example, but i won't be surprised if Nola moves one of them. They may target something bigger, though, but the premis holds true for anyone in that 12-17 range where McCain is likely to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed's efficiency and impact numbers are frankly off the charts. the advanced stats all scream sheppard.

when comparing to dillingham though, its always the volume that catches my eye. as awesome as a shooter as reed is, dilly was taking more 3's per game and per 36 while still nailing a very high % of them. makes me question how easily he can get shots off in the nba without the same threat to penetrate that dilly has

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem with trading down for McCain instead, as a hypothetical, is that he's not a point. He doesn't have those skills. Might as well stick and take Sheppard.

And as spurs says, Sheppard's advanced stats and efficiency are tremendous, but imo in more of a narrow range, like a tunnel. He wasn't great at making his own shot, he often shot only when open, wasn't a great driver. Dillingham made more shots in the paint than Sheppard even attempted. Someone posted Dillingham's catch and shoot numbers and they were really high, too. What sets Dillingham apart is he took shots of pretty much every kind. He manufactured many of those shots himself, if he had to. And he didn't seem to be bothered too much by contests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed is back up above Dilly on my board. Not because of this post, but I did another go around of his tape and focused on all his passing, and yeah, he sees the game at another level. Taking him would be a continuation of the brand of basketball at the end of our season where everyone played smart with the ball, and had a feel of “Showtime” to it. The same way Wemby had us in awe with his fancy passing all season I think Reed has that in his arsenal.

I think they should just go crazy with it and draft both Kentucky guards, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    after reading some of dejounte's comments i went back and watched an additional 34 hours of Risacher film and came away more assured that he's atop my board, or at least 1a/1b with Dillingham
    You laugh now bruh but I’m for sure keeping receipts when it turns out Risacher is who I think he is in five years and all y’all will be silent about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem for me in this draft is that you could make this same statement about any of the prospects in this draft. Holland and Collier seem to me the highest upside players in this draft, but all-star is such a small portion of their range of outcomes that include a very large possibility of busting. Even Dillingham, who I like, might project to his most likely outcome being a backup PG. Sarr to me has Clint Capela written all over him. Capela's career would be a great outcome, just not really what you want out of a top 3 pick. All of these prospects have major flaws that project most of them to being role players.

So yeah, I definitely had that we have a team that consists of Wemby, a bunch of role players, and a bunch of players who shouldn't be in the league... but this draft might not be the one where you can really solve that. At least maybe we can upgrade the role players on our team.

With that said, that's why I want to double up on wings if the TOR pick conveys. To me, one of Risacher, Buzelis and Holland have the best chance of reaching the upper end of the range of outcomes. Buzelis and Holland would be my ideal combo. at say, 4 and 7.
    As desperate as other fans are with wanting this team to appease Wemby by going after win-now players is the same energy I have with wanting the Spurs to draft a player with a nonzero possibility of being a borderine star or better. If Dilly has that 1% chance of being a star, 10% being a decent role player, and 89% chance becoming a bust— I will still take him over a guy like Risacher who has 0% likelihood of being a star, 50% a role player, 50% bust (random numbers but the point is I don’t believe he has any star upside). This is because I want to pair Wemby up with a #2 option and I want the team to be risky about it if they have to.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 3 Hours Ago at 07:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed's efficiency and impact numbers are frankly off the charts. the advanced stats all scream sheppard.

when comparing to dillingham though, its always the volume that catches my eye. as awesome as a shooter as reed is, dilly was taking more 3's per game and per 36 while still nailing a very high % of them. makes me question how easily he can get shots off in the nba without the same threat to penetrate that dilly has
    So the thing that I wonder with this Spurs team and its general construction is whether the penetration has to necessarily come from the PG position.

The Top 5 Spurs in Drives per game last season were: Devin Vassell, Tre Jones, Keldon Johnson, Jeremy Sochan and Wemby (in that order).
    https://www.nba.com/stats/players/dr...=D&sort=DRIVES

If the Spurs see Sheppard as at least a plus team defender, his game would sit pretty well in a Wemby, Sochan, KJ, DV starting lineup IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You laugh now bruh but I’m for sure keeping receipts when it turns out Risacher is who I think he is in five years and all y’all will be silent about it
    Hang on to these receipts:

2024 NBA Draft Board
    Tier 1:
    1. Zaccharie Risacher
    2. Alex Sarr
    3. Nikola Topic
    4. Matas Buzelis
    Tier 2:
    5. Reed Shephard
    6. Cody Williams
    7. Dalton Knecht
    8. Isaiah Collier
    Tier 3:
    9. Robert Dillingham
    10. Tidjane Salaun
    11. Donovan Clingan
    12. Stephen Castle
    13. JaKobe Walter
    14. Kyle Filipowski
    15. Ron Holland
    16. Johnny Furphy
    Tier 4:
    17. Ryan Dunn
    18. Tyler Smith
    19. Ke'lel Ware
    20. Yves Missi
    21. Zach Edey
    22. Bobi Klintman
    23. Kyshawn George
    Tier 5:
    24. Pacome Dadiet
    25. Trevon Brazile
    26. Kevin McCullar
    27. Melvin Ajinca
    28. Tyler Kolek
    29. Tristan Da Silva
    30. Pelle Larsson

My Spurs Board Top 10

1. Matas Buzelis
    2. Zaccharie Risacher
    3. Nikola Topic
    4. Alexander Sarr
    5. Cody Williams
    6. Reed Shephard
    7. Dalton Knecht
    8. Isaiah Collier
    9. Tidjane Salaun
    10. Robert Dillingham

There will be some changes between now and draft day after we get true measurements and workout reports, but I'll give you those too...

Thread Information