Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Something about Philly crowds....great fans when things are going well, but you can always feel the tension/angst in the air whenever there's a Game 7. That almost 'anxious intensity' is why Philly always seems to choke at home in these win or go home type games IMO
    Ya it's a double edged sword. Those fans were standing up in the 2nd Inning with base runner on 1st Base. That sort of enthusiasm will turn toxic if the team continually disappoints. There definitely were Boos at the end of those late innings.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Imo the Rangers are favored pretty handily. The DBacks had no business beating Philly and had to pull everything possible out of their ass to do it.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    "12th best team in the league in the World Series"

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Imo the Rangers are favored pretty handily. The DBacks had no business beating Philly and had to pull everything possible out of their ass to do it.
    The problem remains the same:::the Brewers, Dodgers & now Philadelphia thought the same damn thing and all 3 got left where the Backs found 'em; at home.

Texas can't sit there for the next 72 hours portending it was by accident & chance. They'd better get a game plan (((off the kilter, it will not work sustaining what got them there))) by tomorrow afternoon, and stick to it religiously, or, only they'll return to Texas out of Sky Harbor Airport here in Phoenix.

I always believed batting first is golden, ESPECIALLY in the post season. Too much personal (man-by-man marching up there with the world on his shoulders) pressure going second, then last.

Put them out of my misery!!!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

After Game 5

Marte started mashing and Phillies never won again

Last edited by FrostKing; 10-25-2023 at 03:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Filthachokia Filthies lose again......I do so love when a team from the City of Brotherly Hate has their season come to an unfortunate end.

I am by no means a Ranger fan, but they are from Texas and I would like to see my bro be happy about his baseball team for once. So, Go Rangers.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ya it's a double edged sword. Those fans were standing up in the 2nd Inning with base runner on 1st Base. That sort of enthusiasm will turn toxic if the team continually disappoints. There definitely were Boos at the end of those late innings.
    If I were a professional athlete, I'd never want to play in Philadelphia. The fact that the city is such a sh!thole, it creates this extreme fandom where fans literally live and die with their team...anything to distract from the fact that they have to go back to their fentanyl-zombie infested wasteland when the game's over. When the going is good, I'm sure there fans are great but there's always that angst and bipolar nature when things begin to go south. IMO, that's why their teams choke a lot at home...the players can sense the fans getting restless.

I think the Bay Area actually has the best fans to play for (Giants, 49ers, Warriors, A's). They get loud as he11 during the postseason, but they're "fairweather" enough to where there's no excruciating pressure to perform every single game. Which is a good thing as an athlete. There's 1000 more things to do in the Bay Area then in the northern cold cities that have the "diehard fans", so fans won't be dramatic when things go south. 49ers lost a big home playoff game? No problem, I'll just go take a walk down Fisherman's Wharf in this perfect weather. Eagles lost a big playoff game? "FUCCKK YOU! I NEED THIS WIN BECAUSE MY CITY IS A SH!THOLE! "

I'd assume the average IQ of fans in that area is also pretty high because silicon valley, so you don't have to worry about neanderthals sending you death threats when you lose in the playoffs. I think we can all agree that the average Philadelphia resident will not be splitting the atom anytime soon. When it's time to make noise, the Bay Area teams do have good Home Field Advantage; even Oakland Coliseum is a tough place to play when the A's are good. So definitely a leg up over places like Florida, where fans don't even show up at all. The Bay Area also doesn't have that excruciating pressure to perform like a huge NYC/LA/Chicago market. Denver, IMO, is also similar. Great crowds that support their team when good, but don't turn into suicidal teenagers when they lose.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Have we had a djohn sighting yet? Is he gonna duck this forum like he ducks TSA?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The winning percentage of teams Up 2-0 AND 3-2 returning Home with 2 chances to clinch

Pretty massive choke job

I'm bias but I don't like their odds of returning to a 3rd straight NLCS. Other teams younger and Phillies have been extremely healthy the past 2 postseasons

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    mono
    @Mark

Congrats! Enjoy it and y’all will probably get ring no 1. Astros fan base got what it deserved, especially seeing how it treated Dusty on the way out.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    mono
    @Mark

Congrats! Enjoy it and y’all will probably get ring no 1. Astros fan base got what it deserved, especially seeing how it treated Dusty on the way out.

Really don't have any hatred toward the Astros other than the large influx of bandwagoning bag fans that they've ac ulated since 2017...hopefully a lot of them will go away and put their Yankees or Dodgers jerseys back on when those two teams get good again. Besides the obvious 2017 elephant in the room, I actually like Altuve and Alvarez is a monster. Speaking of Dusty, what the he11 was up with his obsession of playing that scrub Maldonado over Diaz all season? He's like the Astros version of Dwight Powell, imho

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Really don't have any hatred toward the Astros other than the large influx of bandwagoning bag fans that they've ac ulated since 2017...hopefully a lot of them will go away and put their Yankees or Dodgers jerseys back on when those two teams get good again. Besides the obvious 2017 elephant in the room, I actually like Altuve and Alvarez is a monster. Speaking of Dusty, what the he11 was up with his obsession of playing that scrub Maldonado over Diaz all season? He's like the Astros version of Dwight Powell, imho
    Well, Diaz should have gotten more playing time, but the pitchers all wanted Maldonado catching them so that’s how that went. Problem wasn’t necessarily Maldonado playing so much. Tucker was MIA before the postseason even started, and Peña reverted BADLY to the point of having to be subbed out in critical situations. I don’t know much about Jeff Banister, but there’s talk that he could be the next skipper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brantley, Tucker and Peña were terrible and most of the other wise reliable pitchers went AWOL

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Brantley, Tucker and Peña were terrible and most of the other wise reliable pitchers went AWOL
    Brantley’s shoulder is done. Pitchers were tired and gassed. Such as JP France. They did okay, but if your offense isn’t scoring doesn’t matter how well or bad the pitching does. Framber has other going on in his head.

Thread Information