My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Finns are PISSED.

Finland says 'outside activity' likely damaged gas pipeline, telecoms cable

HELSINKI, Oct 10 (Reuters) - A subsea gas pipeline and a telecommunications cable connecting Finland and Estonia under the Baltic Sea have been damaged in what may have been a deliberate act, the Finnish government said on Tuesday.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said NATO was sharing its information over the damage and stands ready to support the allies concerned. Finland joined the military alliance in April, while Estonia has been a member since 2004.

The Balticconnector gas pipeline was shut early on Sunday on concerns that gas was leaking from a hole in the 77-km (48-mile) pipeline. Finnish operator Gasgrid said it could take months or more to repair.

"It is likely that damage to both the gas pipeline and the communication cable is the result of outside activity. The cause of the damage is not yet clear, the investigation continues in cooperation between Finland and Estonia," Finnish President Sauli Niinisto said in a statement on Tuesday.

Finnish Prime Minister Petteri Orpo said the damage to the pipeline was "worrying", but that Finland's energy supply remained stable and that the damage to the telecommunications cable did not affect Finland's overall connectivity.

"It is too early to draw conclusions on who or what caused the damage," Orpo told a press conference.

Gas accounts for 5% of Finland's energy supply, he added.

Finnish telecommunications operator Elisa, which operates the damaged cable, told Reuters the distance from the cable to the Balticconnector pipeline was "significant", but declined to comment on the exact length between them.

=================

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Finns are PISSED.

Finland says 'outside activity' likely damaged gas pipeline, telecoms cable

HELSINKI, Oct 10 (Reuters) - A subsea gas pipeline and a telecommunications cable connecting Finland and Estonia under the Baltic Sea have been damaged in what may have been a deliberate act, the Finnish government said on Tuesday.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said NATO was sharing its information over the damage and stands ready to support the allies concerned. Finland joined the military alliance in April, while Estonia has been a member since 2004.

The Balticconnector gas pipeline was shut early on Sunday on concerns that gas was leaking from a hole in the 77-km (48-mile) pipeline. Finnish operator Gasgrid said it could take months or more to repair.

"It is likely that damage to both the gas pipeline and the communication cable is the result of outside activity. The cause of the damage is not yet clear, the investigation continues in cooperation between Finland and Estonia," Finnish President Sauli Niinisto said in a statement on Tuesday.

Finnish Prime Minister Petteri Orpo said the damage to the pipeline was "worrying", but that Finland's energy supply remained stable and that the damage to the telecommunications cable did not affect Finland's overall connectivity.

"It is too early to draw conclusions on who or what caused the damage," Orpo told a press conference.

Gas accounts for 5% of Finland's energy supply, he added.

Finnish telecommunications operator Elisa, which operates the damaged cable, told Reuters the distance from the cable to the Balticconnector pipeline was "significant", but declined to comment on the exact length between them.

=================
    Do somethin' then, don't just take it up the Swiss Miss, " around" with Russia. "Found out," right, Effy?

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We blew up Nordstream so....

Ce la vi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ce la vi
    No, we didn't.

Same Russian ship that was haning around nordstream was hanging around this one.

Russia got out of a lot of non-delivery penalties when NS blew up.

You may remember that RUS cut the gas off to punish the EU right before it go blowed up. Or have you forgotten already?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would also point out that Finland falls under NATO article 5.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Ce la vi
    Yep.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets have a toast to the end of NATO.

Ooops.
    We just solidified it and its grown...
    What brilliant ideas next?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, we didn't.

Same Russian ship that was haning around nordstream was hanging around this one.

Russia got out of a lot of non-delivery penalties when NS blew up.

You may remember that RUS cut the gas off to punish the EU right before it go blowed up. Or have you forgotten already?

Russian ship was able to bomb the underwater pipeline on one of the most monitored seas in the planet

Holy the stupidity here

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia does not even control the Black Sea anymore.
    Ukrainian drones took out another vessel responsible for monitoring, now get this, Ukrainian drones.

Thread Information