Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Houston, Abbott appointed former charter school guy Mike Miles as the new superintendent, and Miles set to work implementing a new system of total control over education that he promised would improve student performance and close educational gaps. Modeled on a system he came up with for his charter schools, its name reflects the efficiency and clean straight lines of Brutalist architecture: the “New Education System” (NES). Eighty-five of Houston’s 274 campuses are currently in the system “voluntarily,” ...

Among other efficiencies, the system involves all teachers working from the same PowerPoint curriculum prepared for them each day, and extremely structured class periods. To keep the focus on learning the predigested materials, 28 of the NES schools determined to be most in need of improvement have converted the school libraries into “team centers,” where students who’ve stepped out of line will be sent to do their work, and also where other kids will work individually or in groups for “enrichment”...

n what reads like a news dispatch from a dystopian future novel, except without a charismatic young rebel who was born to lead everyone to freedom, the Houston Chronicle went along with Miles to visit some schools using The New Order (gift link) on the first day of school Monday. We learn that instead of wasting time with “‘what I did this summer’ activities or getting-to-know-you games,” the kids got promptly to work, all neat and orderly:

Students sat silently, pencils scratching, as they worked on the "demonstration of learning" worksheets that they'll be required to complete every day in their core classes. Teachers taught from PowerPoint presentations developed by HISD's central office, with a livestream of the class projected on an adjacent wall — the same stream a student would watch from a laptop were they to act out in class and be sent to one of the school's "Team Centers," some of which have replaced their school's libraries.

Happily, nobody had go to the team center for discipline Monday, because the classes themselves seem entirely punitive enough. In a 90-minute class, each day’s lesson is presented to the whole class, from the PowerPoint, and then they complete their “demonstrations of learning,” because that’s a noun in the New Conformity.

Students who need more time to demonstrate that they are learning anything stay the last 35 minutes of class with their teacher, while the students who got the idea or are actually well ahead of the day’s objective are sent to the Team Center to do additional work to make sure the lesson is embedded in their heads, or even to do more advanced work on the same stuff, with a “Learning Coach” to help out.

The idea is that by separating everyone up into groups, the kids who need more work will soon be working at grade level on that topic and can go to the former library too, but not to read. So take that, libs, the closed libraries aren’t only detention centers, because they’re also used every day by the kids doing enrichment, and there’s no way any kids would know exactly who’s in stir Team Center for discipline, no never

https://www.wonkette.com/p/texas-gov...chools-orderly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32RH01O5mg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Miles has a terrible track record if you ask anyone other than Mike Miles

"Only the best"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I see, they do excel at ing around and finding out.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    From what I see, they do excel at ing around and finding out.

Yeah, that race hustlin' bas Hussein..."If I had a son, he'd look just like this youngster." After the had sworn on the Good Book to be President for both White & Black Americans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The capitalist oligarchy and they're cheap s the repugs want to destroy democracy to replace with capitalist fascism

see andreesen's recent Manifesto

the repug Anarchy in the house fits perfectly with the capitalist strategy of weakening, paralyzing government, with capitalists filling the power vacuum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The capitalist oligarchy and they're cheap s the repugs want to destroy democracy to replace with capitalist fascism

the repug Anarchy in the house fits perfectly with the capitalist strategy of weakening, paralyzing government, with capitalists filling the power vacuum
    You've lost the plot bro.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

While your side wanted to cut the President's head off. Oh, you're a real outfit, you fellows are. Don't get your way,,,off with his head! Don't get your way,,,blow up the White House. Don't get your way,,,shoot him to death.

You're out of your in' minds.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You've lost the plot bro.
    Trump drove him insane.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    "Suck at running things"

Liberals being laughed at on Planet Earth. Even Europe. Bad time to be

priority: climate, LGT and mixed borders.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I'm conservative/liberal. Depending on the issues. That illustrates they both fail. The West is a mess. But not incapable of rebound. Western Civilization relies on values. That makes us European. But we must respect our national culture. I love my Europe but I want my space.

Europeans are Liberal but won't sacrifice family, tradition or comfort for righteoness
    Last edited by FrostKing; 10-22-2023 at 05:58 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Suck at running things"

I'm conservative/liberal. Depending on the issues. That illustrates they both fail. The West is a mess. But not incapable of rebound. Western Civilization relies on values. That makes us European. But we must respect our national culture. I love my Europe but I want my space.

Europeans are Liberal but won't sacrifice family, tradition or comfort for righteoness
    You lost Poland,

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Polska has never and will never be defeated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Polska has never and will never be defeated
    Poland wasn't defeated.

You were.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Poland wasn't defeated.

You were.
    If Russia stepped foot on my fatherland, I'm fighting.

Do you have anything to fight for, liberal white boy. We all mature. Join us like a normal man your age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Russia stepped foot on my fatherland, I'm fighting.

Do you have anything to fight for, liberal white boy. We all mature. Join us like a normal man your age.
    Why? You lost.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You don't even post in the Sports subforum. What is this sudden WinLose obsession.

Offer me something interesting or else I'm moving on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't even post in the Sports subforum. What is this sudden WinLose obsession.

Offer me something interesting or else I'm moving on.
    Bye, loser.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You posted the same thing for 4 post.

Today's liberals. I'll be in Berlin soon being asked what happened. People like you.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If "Build the War" offended you.

Strap up what's coming in Europe. We are going far right & deporting.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Suck at running things"

Frosty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If "Build the War" offended you.

Strap up what's coming in Europe. We are going far right & deporting.
    Except you just lost Poland.

you don't even know what I'm talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You posted the same thing for 4 post.

Today's liberals. I'll be in Berlin soon being asked what happened. People like you.
    Is the gym closed today?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Except you just lost Poland.

you don't even know what I'm talking about.
    Hahah

What

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WC is back to trying to get people to engage as if he is actually from Poland again. Seeing some success too.

Thread Information