Post Count
    I don't care if it was Ish Kabbible.

I'm gonna need 3 more just like it.

& don't show up here Monday 1-1.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I was telling my SD boys, the NLCS ain't like it was LAD vs ATL

Dodgers Seager, Bellinger, Turner, Joc, Enrique, Jenson. That was great opponent.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Last edited by FrostKing; 10-28-2023 at 06:42 AM.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Feels like the Rangers will lose this in the 12th tbh. Offense has been silent outside that Seager HR since the first.
    that's how I felt about Arizona after they chased Eovaldi in the 5th tbh...in fact they only managed two hits the rest of the game. That's what killed them IMO, if you chase a Rangers starter early, you have to make their weak bullpen pay for it like the Astros did in Games 3 and 4 of the ALCS. While the Rangers didn't score much until Seager's HR, they still had a lot of baserunners and drew 10 walks. Arizona looked completely lifeless after Pham's HR. A lot of quick strikeouts and noncompe ive at bats. They made everyone in our bullpen look like prime Dennis Eckersley tbh

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    that's how I felt about Arizona after they chased Eovaldi in the 5th tbh...in fact they only managed two hits the rest of the game. That's what killed them IMO, if you chase a Rangers starter early, you have to make their weak bullpen pay for it like the Astros did in Games 3 and 4 of the ALCS. While the Rangers didn't score much until Seager's HR, they still had a lot of baserunners and drew 10 walks. Arizona looked completely lifeless after Pham's HR. A lot of quick strikeouts and noncompe ive at bats. They made everyone in our bullpen look like prime Dennis Eckersley tbh
    Tell it, Mark.

Testify!!!

Mark

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Also, it's refreshing for once to have a good DFW team that is really boring. Outside of thuggin and buggin Garcia, this team has practically no personality...listening to Corey Seager's postgame interview was about as exciting as watching paint dry tbh...He11, even Garcia is pretty boring when interviewed. He reminds me a lot of Tyson Chandler, gets fired up during the game but comes across as shy and reserved during interviews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not the biggest baseball fan out there so excuse me if this is a bad idea, but I see a lot of people saying AZ should just walk Garcia from now on after this game.

If they do that would it be a good move to switch Semien and Garcia's spots in the lineup so Garcia is the lead off guy and in front of Seager? Seems like they'd have no choice but to pitch to Garcia, and might have the added benefit of letting Semien hit with traffic. Semien hasn't done very much lately and I could see that juicing his bat a little.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm not the biggest baseball fan out there so excuse me if this is a bad idea, but I see a lot of people saying AZ should just walk Garcia from now on after this game.

If they do that would it be a good move to switch Semien and Garcia's spots in the lineup so Garcia is the lead off guy and in front of Seager? Seems like they'd have no choice but to pitch to Garcia, and might have the added benefit of letting Semien hit with traffic. Semien hasn't done very much lately and I could see that juicing his bat a little.
    I just wouldn't give him much to hit but I wouldn't intentionally walk him. Garcia will never walk on 4 pitches, he has atleast one swing each at bat where he tries to hit it 600 ft no matter where the pitch is. Atleast make him take. That's what Arizona did to Harper and Schwarber in the NLCS tbh

No chance Bochy changes the lineup. Semien actually was making solid contact last night imho

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Garcia is approaching 06 _ason Terry levels of _allas , South Oklahoma sports villains tbh

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Garcia is approaching 06 _ason Terry levels of _allas , South Oklahoma sports villains tbh
    Can’t wait till he nut taps Michael Finley and Spurs fans call on him to be hanged in Nuremberg.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also, it's refreshing for once to have a good DFW team that is really boring. Outside of thuggin and buggin Garcia, this team has practically no personality...listening to Corey Seager's postgame interview was about as exciting as watching paint dry tbh...He11, even Garcia is pretty boring when interviewed. He reminds me a lot of Tyson Chandler, gets fired up during the game but comes across as shy and reserved during interviews
    Amen. Most times the [[[thuggin' and buggin']]] is a mask dunned because the pressure to perform in September-October is excruciating for all but a handful of truly gifted men. They don't need a redirect. "Just give me the in' ball." "Just give me the in' bat."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

It's pussy, J.T., but within the Back's consideration. They once walked Bonds with the bases loaded, years ago, and it was like early June.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rangers have been thoroughly outplayed both games tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rangers have been thoroughly outplayed both games tbh
    Maybe they should pretend the Dbacks are wearing Astros jerseys and Bryan Abreu is pitching tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flush this one, Rangers fans. Kelly was simply brilliant, painting corners and dotting the bottom of the zone to set up his wicked sinker-changeup. He was Maddux-like, and it was always a tall order to beat Greg Maddux when he was on. Basically have to win the game 1-0, 2-1. That said, Arizona does look like the better team. Their contact-and-speed style puts so much pressure on the pitching and defense, and is more dependable than the homerun centric offense of the Rangers. But the Rangers could always catch fire and bully their way to wins with the longball. Philly nearly did it, and would've won the series if Thomson didn't play Craig in' Kimbrel. I also like the Rangers overall lineup more than Phillies. They don't have anywhere near the dead spots that the Phillies had in their lineup (Castellanos, Rojas). And I feel the DBacks have the same starting pitching problem as the Rangers. A big drop off after the top two. I don't buy Pfaadt as legit yet. Pens are about equal.

So the series is going to come down to small ball vs. big ball.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 10-28-2023 at 10:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flush this one, Rangers fans. Kelly was simply brilliant, painting corners and dotting the bottom of the zone to set up his wicked sinker-changeup. He was Maddux-like, and it was always a tall order to beat Greg Maddux when he was on. Basically have to win the game 1-0, 2-1. That said, Arizona does look like the better team. Their contact-and-speed style puts so much pressure on the pitching and defense, and is more dependable than the homerun centric offense of the Rangers. But the Rangers could always catch fire and bully their way to wins with the longball. Philly nearly did it, and would've won the series if Thomson didn't play Craig in' Kimbrel. I also like the Rangers overall lineup more than Phillies. They don't have anywhere near the dead spots that the Phillies had in their lineup (Castellanos, Rojas). And I feel the DBacks have the same starting pitching problem as the Rangers. A big drop off after the top two. I don't buy Pfaadt as legit yet. Pens are about equal.

So the series is going to come down to small ball vs. big ball.
    This was a throwaway game imo. Whoever lost last night was gonna win tonight.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

For Rangers, no better time to pack up and travel

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Game 3 on Monday

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Their Ranger assholes are gonna be so damn tight come Monday evening up the street here you couldn't drag a straight pin out of 'em with a 20-mule team.

I can't believe this is actually happening.

I genuinely thought I'd have no worries whatsoever until at least come June with the Suns. in' nightmare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their Ranger assholes are gonna be so damn tight come Monday evening up the street here you couldn't drag a straight pin out of 'em with a 20-mule team.

I can't believe this is actually happening.

I genuinely thought I'd have no worries whatsoever until at least come June with the Suns. in' nightmare.
    Rangers win game 3, not a doubt in my mind.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rangers win game 3, not a doubt in my mind.
    Well, that allows me to feel a bit better.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can’t wait till he nut taps Michael Finley and Spurs fans call on him to be hanged in Nuremberg.

I came to ST after this (post Gasol-trade Laker fan for life, ) but they were still complaining about this well into the following decade.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Still not too concerned, imho. Kelly just pitched a gem, not worried about them piling on runs against the corpse of Martin Perez tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Pfaadt continuing his great postseason might be the x-factor that decides this series. If they can get 5-6 solid innings out of him and win game 3 I obviously like their chances, but they’re gonna need to rely on their bullpen a lot in game 4 so they can’t be going deep into it in game 3.

Thread Information