Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet had 39% at Gonzaga
    Victor had 27% in Mets 92

do you really not see the difference?
    I see you struggle with comprehension. WTF that got to do with what I wrote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor is averaging more points, rebounds, blocks, steals, and (slightly more) assists per game than Chet. That gets you ROY. Nobody cares about wins or FG% for this award.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see you struggle with comprehension. WTF that got to do with what I wrote.
    Chet had a better developed shot even before joining the NBA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link? I don't remember him saying that winning ROY is a big deal to him. I mean would we look at Tim's career any differently if he didn't win ROY? I don't think it's a huge deal tbh
    Find me a video or a link to this. I’ve followed him pretty closely, and the only thing he wants badly is to win.
    So far, I was able to find an article with him saying he wanted to play all 82 games if he wasn't injured. I found these articles with him saying that he wants to be the best #1 pick of all-time:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/spurs...ick-before-him
    https://projectspurs.com/victor-wemb...ibextid=K8Wfd2

I also saw this video where Wemby said he expects to be ROY: (not that this means much)
    https://www.facebook.com/jmbravo210/...01272003308865

I should have clarified in my original statement that I never heard him say outright that ROY was a big deal, but to me he gives off that impression. But since I didn't, I'll just leave you with my findings and take the L.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone saw Chet vs the Wolves?

Aside of a late (open of course) 3 he had a garbage game when Victor put 29/9rb/4blk

And ANT wasnt playing
    It was a good game overall. Rudy did a decent job checking Chet, though it is impressive that Chet is making those clutch shots. Minnesota is legit this year, as is OKC tbh

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far, I was able to find an article with him saying he wanted to play all 82 games if he wasn't injured. I found these articles with him saying that he wants to be the best #1 pick of all-time:

I also saw this video where Wemby said he expects to be ROY: (not that this means much)

I should have clarified in my original statement that I never heard him say outright that ROY was a big deal, but to me he gives off that impression. But since I didn't, I'll just leave you with my findings and take the L.
    Victor wants to be great, and he has an ego that drives him to be great. It's why he plays so hard. Timmy is the only guy in basketball to ever say he doesn't care about the award and mean it.
    Last edited by Obstructed_View; 11-29-2023 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Lol I'm sure chet wants to be great too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think its fair to think that he cares about it. Compe ive people usually do care about things like that. That being said, its a huge leap to go from he wants the award to he'll resent the Spurs if he doesn't get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet had a better developed shot even before joining the NBA
    Three point lines are different. Check free throw percentage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its fair to think that he cares about it. Compe ive people usually do care about things like that. That being said, its a huge leap to go from he wants the award to he'll resent the Spurs if he doesn't get it.
    I do believe if they purposefully do something to keep him from winning it that it won't sit well with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Appreciate you actually looking into man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe if they purposefully do something to keep him from winning it that it won't sit well with him.
    Sure if they come out and fully sabotage him winning the award then OK but why on earth would they do that? The talk preseason was all about how Pop would rest Wemby and we weren't sure if he'd play 70. He's played every game so far and while its clear they aren't doing the right things to get him in positions to score easily its pretty damn hard to think that they're intentionally keeping him from winning an award.

Wemby is still the favorite to win the award IMO. He's got really good stats, he's getting better every game, and barring injury he's pretty likely to just get better as the year goes on and as the Spurs schedule gets easier.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone saw Chet vs the Wolves?

Aside of a late (open of course) 3 he had a garbage game when Victor put 29/9rb/4blk

And ANT wasnt playing
    Yeah, he did not have a good game. it's disgusting the wide-open, spot up threes Chet gets from all the attention paid to Shai.

And Chet has nowhere near the defensive impact that Wemby does on a nightly basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FT =/= 3PT

Were the 3 point lines different enough to explain away a 10% difference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FT =/= 3PT

Were the 3 point lines different enough to explain away a 10% difference?
    Yes. That's why I tried to nudge you in the right direction, and you doubled down on ing stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appreciate you actually looking into man
    No problem bro!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because of the difference of 43 centimeters, Victor could not score even 30%?
    and it’s not at all a matter of terrible shot selection, falling apart shooting form when taking shots off the dribble and incorrect positioning of the guiding hand

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a question of centimeters. It's a question of confidence in his shot (and a bit of shot selection as well). It'll come in due time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor should play better and more efficient as the season goes. I’m sure he’ll catch up with percentage. It’s also the NBA building this rivalry more allowing Chet to win this time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on the games played so far, there is no way Victor is not ROTY and it is not particularly close, he is leading almost everything and has been a freaking beast on Defense. The only argument is the low %eff which is a valid one but not enough to not consider him as the favorite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andrew Wiggins, Emeka Okafor and whoever Ray Felix is, share the few wins b a Rookie of the Year winner, with 16. Can the Spurs even get to 16?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andrew Wiggins, Emeka Okafor and whoever Ray Felix is, share the few wins b a Rookie of the Year winner, with 16. Can the Spurs even get to 16?
    Those guys probably didn't have to compete with another "rookie" who is on a winning team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet has the best situation. Wemby has a toxic coach and crap teammates yet is still putting up numbers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet's % shooting starting to go downhill... Just check tonight's game again

Once he starts getting the same treatment Victor gets there won't be any compe ion imo

Even with all his handicaps Victor is still more impresisve to me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet's % shooting starting to go downhill... Just check tonight's game again

Once he starts getting the same treatment Victor gets there won't be any compe ion imo

Even with all his handicaps Victor is still more impresisve to me
    Chet's only saving grace from last night is that he got 6 blocks.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Chet currently is the better player regardless of situation.

Thread Information