Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like we are agitating as to whether Portland goes up or down and ultimately the ping pong balls will fall where they may. And the close Spurs losses are good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as the spurs dont miss out on a generational talent because of some meaningless wins im good

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't fear that portland will pass toronto, and now that they have 3 games between them and memphis they may win one game or two ( nets or wizards for example).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't fear that portland will pass toronto, and now that they have 3 games between them and memphis they may win one game or two ( nets or wizards for example).
    I don’t see anyone winning games until they are locked out of the position above them. For example, Toronto will keep losing until they are locked out of position #5. Then they may or may not win a game or two.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see anyone winning games until they are locked out of the position above them. For example, Toronto will keep losing until they are locked out of position #5. Then they may or may not win a game or two.
    Yes at the end they may win one or two that's what i want to say especially if theY play barret and quickley and with the fact that portland with their schedule will stay behind them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding Risacher:

After making nearly half of his 3s in his first 34 games this season, Risacher has made only 24.5 percent in the 14 since. It’s possible that his hot streak was nothing more than that. In his first three years playing pro, he made only 32 percent of his 3s, so his recent percentage is a lot closer to his historic norm. In all four pro seasons, he's also made only 71.1 percent of his free throws. And Synergy says he also makes just 29.4 percent of his dribble jumpers and only 40 percent of his floaters. So it’s not like he has a particularly soft touch from that range. Regardless, there’s still potential for Risacher as a 3-and-D guy at the next level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2026 NBA Draft prospect Cam Boozer:

Last edited by BatManu20; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preseason projected top-10 pick who ended up having a really disappointing season for Kentucky. Talented kid with decent size at 6’7. Streaky shooter but has shown ability to hit but 3’s. Should’ve stayed in school at least one more year, but could be a Spurs target early in the 2nd Round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2025 NBA Draft prospect Cam Boozer:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct my b.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preseason projected top-10 pick who ended up having a really disappointing season for Kentucky. Talented kid with decent size at 6’7. Streaky shooter but has shown ability to hit but 3’s. Should’ve stayed in school at least one more year, but could be a Spurs target early in the 2nd Round.

hows his defence

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty good tbh. He projects as a 3-and-D guy at the next level. He’s inconsistent right now and not much of a creator. Definitely needs development. Projects as a future serviceable rotation player though given his size, length, athleticism, and shooting stroke. Wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on him in the 2nd. Could see him sneaking in the late First though if he tests and performs well at the Combine.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty good tbh. He projects as a 3-and-D guy at the next level. He’s inconsistent right now and not much of a creator. Definitely needs development. Projects as a future serviceable rotation player though given his size, length, athleticism, and shooting stroke. Wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on him in the 2nd. Could see him sneaking in the late First though if he tests and performs well at the Combine.
    Spurs like Foreign players so start looking there for a 2nd round pick.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably should just because if they get the Toronto pick they're probably not going to have the room to develop a third rookie next season, so might as well draft and stash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ulrich Chomche.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ulrich Chomche.
    Most mocks I've seen have Chomche going in the 20's. Doubt he makes it to our SRP, though if he did it'd be a no brainer imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Portland are the best tankers in the league. It's been kinda funny watching Toronto try to "catch" them, only to see Portland, just keep up their tanking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second Round Foreign Players I like:

1. Ulrich Comche - PF/C - 6'11 - 18yrs
    2. Melvin Ajinca - SG/SF - 6'8 - 19yrs
    3. Pacome Dadiet - SG/SF - 6'8 - 18yrs

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Toronto is likely to be better next year - They've had some poor injury luck, the RJ situation with his brother is sad, and they have definitely tanked the out of the last month and a bit. I don't think they want to be that bad next year, both to keep fans engaged, and to make sure they're showing progress to Scottie. Cap space, a top 6 pick, better injury luck should move them up.

They should still definitely be better than Portland, Washington and (probably) Detroit, and then they're on the fringes of the top 6. Being a fringe play-in team seems likely, and at that point, the pick conveys unless they get outrageous luck.

I think the #7 pick this year is probably about equivalent to a number 13 next year. We probably expect a better value from it not conveying, though there's real downside risk (if they're number 10 2 years in a row, there's about a 1% chance of them moving up both times).

On possible outcomes for just the Toronto pick (ignoring the timing of our other incoming assets), I'd prefer picks

• 7-12 next year over #7 this year,
    • 7-10 or so in 26 over #7 this year,
    • then have #7 this year, 13/ 14 next year, 11-12 in 26
    • then the other options conveying below.

Overall, I think that means we're better it not conveying this year, but you only want so much risk when you've got they guy already and you're adding depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Toronto is likely to be better next year - They've had some poor injury luck, the RJ situation with his brother is sad, and they have definitely tanked the out of the last month and a bit. I don't think they want to be that bad next year, both to keep fans engaged, and to make sure they're showing progress to Scottie. Cap space, a top 6 pick, better injury luck should move them up.

They should still definitely be better than Portland, Washington and (probably) Detroit, and then they're on the fringes of the top 6. Being a fringe play-in team seems likely, and at that point, the pick conveys unless they get outrageous luck.

I think the #7 pick this year is probably about equivalent to a number 13 next year. We probably expect a better value from it not conveying, though there's real downside risk (if they're number 10 2 years in a row, there's about a 1% chance of them moving up both times).

On possible outcomes for just the Toronto pick (ignoring the timing of our other incoming assets), I'd prefer picks

• 7-12 next year over #7 this year,
    • 7-10 or so in 26 over #7 this year,
    • then have #7 this year, 13/ 14 next year, 11-12 in 26
    • then the other options conveying below.

Overall, I think that means we're better it not conveying this year, but you only want so much risk when you've got they guy already and you're adding depth.
    I don't think Toronto necessarily wanted to tank this year, but they lost their two most important players in Barnes and Poeltl and had no choice. They just suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, which is why the Spurs won 3 straight and were in position to win the following 2. And why CHA and POR had double-digit leads in the 1st quarter tonight.

Idiots like you think "teams" tank as some kind of collective position on a game-by-game basis. Unless players are being held out, for games or in crunch time, no set of 5 guys on the floor is tanking or missing shots or letting opposing players free layups. They just really suck.

BTW you suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, which is why the Spurs won 3 straight and were in position to win the following 2. And why CHA and POR had double-digit leads in the 1st quarter tonight.

Idiots like you think "teams" tank as some kind of collective position on a game-by-game basis. Unless players are being held out, for games or in crunch time, no set of 5 guys on the floor is tanking or missing shots or letting opposing players free layups. They just really suck.

BTW you suck
    I don’t think this will age well, but I’ll come back and take my medicine if either Charlotte or Portland wins. If I son you, though, you’re going to hear about that, too.

You should probably switch to decaf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think this will age well, but I’ll come back and take my medicine if either Charlotte or Portland wins. If I son you, though, you’re going to hear about that, too.

You should probably switch to decaf.
    which players from either CHA or POR are not playing although they could/should? Resting available players is losing on purpose. Of the 580 players in the NBA, I'm willing to guess 0 put up a lessor effort to win in order for their team to get a better draft pick. It's idiotic. And also the premise of your previous post, which was more idiotic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which players from either CHA or POR are not playing although they could/should? Resting available players is losing on purpose. Of the 580 players in the NBA, I'm willing to guess 0 put up a lessor effort to win in order for their team to get a better draft pick. It's idiotic. And also the premise of your previous post, which was more idiotic.
    That’s ONE way of tanking a game. You can also skew your rotations, and fail to hold players accountable for mistakes, leading to more mistakes and lapses, since there are no consequences game after game.

The players don’t have to be in on it at all if the basic team is bad or flawed enough. Doesn’t take much to tip the scales from a win to a loss. 5 minutes of a terrible mismatched group of 5 players can do the trick.

You’re insufferably naive if you think this doesn’t happen multiple times per day in the NBA. As for our recent three game heater, you’ll notice that IMMEDIATELY on its heels, our best offensive wing and best defensive wing were both shut down for the last 8 games. I’ll go out on a very thick and substantial limb and say Keldon isn’t too far behind. He’ll be next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s ONE way of tanking a game. You can also skew your rotations, and fail to hold players accountable for mistakes, leading to more mistakes and lapses, since there are no consequences game after game.

The players don’t have to be in on it at all if the basic team is bad or flawed enough. Doesn’t take much to tip the scales from a win to a loss. 5 minutes of a terrible mismatched group of 5 players can do the trick.

You’re insufferably naive if you think this doesn’t happen multiple times per day in the NBA. As for our recent three game heater, you’ll notice that IMMEDIATELY on its heels, our best offensive wing and best defensive wing were both shut down for the last 8 games. I’ll go out on a very thick and substantial limb and say Keldon isn’t too far behind. He’ll be next.
    HOW TO TANK PhD LEVEL!!!111

You're a ing idiot

Thread Information