View Poll Results: Abortion Restriction (Federal)

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ban all abortions (life begins at conception)

0 0%
  • 5-15 Weeks

1 16.67%
  • 15-25 Weeks

4 66.67%
  • 25-35 Weeks

1 16.67%
  • No restriction on abortion, up to (or just after) birth

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    His installation is why the nation is run by an Islamic nut trying to start WW3 in Israel. We really ed ourselves all in the name of fellating BP when Persia wanted to nationalize their oil industry.
    That's conjecture, bum.

.15 cents a gallon is fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see GOP candidates in 2024 running away from the abortion issue, bigly.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see GOP candidates in 2024 running away from the abortion issue, bigly.
    If 2022 wasn't the final nail in the proverbial coffin, then this has to be

Worst case, advocate a 20 week or so limit with exceptions, but it's clearly a winning issue for Dems that female voters care about far more than the more practical issues.

honestly, not simply taking the "L" on codification of Roe into the cons ution in the spring of 2022 has been the worst decision arguably in GOP electoral history, at least since the FDR era.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Worst case, advocate a 20 week or so limit with exceptions, but it's clearly a winning issue for Dems that female voters care about far more than the more practical issues.

honestly, not simply taking the "L" on codification of Roe into the cons ution in the spring of 2022 has been the worst decision arguably in GOP electoral history, at least since the FDR era.
    ...anytime you station yourself in saving lives you've done good.

[We're] being trimmed down persistently by women who have had an abortion, their souls in checkmate, who brazen it out for life now because they've no other alternative...hoping He'll forgive upon arrival, or, better, no, best yet===that He does not exist. It's understandable, it's human and it is unstoppable.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...anytime you station yourself in saving lives you've done good.

[We're] being trimmed down persistently by women who have had an abortion, their souls in checkmate, who brazen it out for life now because they've no other alternative...hoping He'll forgive upon arrival, or, better, no, best yet===that He does not exist. It's understandable, it's human and it is unstoppable.
    Have you ever considered the possibility that "He" might not be real?

Serious question.

Logically, if "he" was real, wouldn't the evangelical right praying the Democrats away have worked by now?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Have you ever considered the possibility that "He" might not be real?

Serious question.

Logically, if "he" was real, wouldn't the evangelical right praying the Democrats away have worked by now?
    Sure, we all have doubts, Andrew, but I will carry on till the end and then I shall know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t dull Will’s edge man. Hatin’ coloreds and s is kinda his thing.
    hey conservatives, I’m not one of the crazy green hair libs, I’m one of the good ones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's just wrong to look at this strictly from the SCOTUS decision. That decision, as wrong as it was from a legal standpoint, opened the floodgates for a socially ass backward minority to start pushing for like banned mifepristone by mail.

Then you have the Fifth circuit, which has been traditionally wrong on almost everything, trying to push more federal level bans, and this is exactly why this issue isn't going away.

They couldn't just be happy that hole southern states could outright ban abortion, they need to do the cult stuff of ruining it for everyone else too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    hey conservatives, I’m not one of the crazy green hair libs, I’m one of the good ones
    You're a horse's patoot and you always have been, 21.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's just wrong to look at this strictly from the SCOTUS decision. That decision, as wrong as it was from a legal standpoint, opened the floodgates for a socially ass backward minority to start pushing for like banned mifepristone by mail.

Then you have the Fifth circuit, which has been traditionally wrong on almost everything, trying to push more federal level bans, and this is exactly why this issue isn't going away.

They couldn't just be happy that hole southern states could outright ban abortion, they need to do the cult stuff of ruining it for everyone else too.
    Murdering an unborn baby is wrong, ElPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are whimsical late term abortions really a thing?

I'm not sure there should be any federal restrictions, but I'd settle for the status quo ante.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    if you think my shtick is about pandering to cons. Cons are even more minority whipped than libs are, every time they see a black Republican capable of formulating 2-3 sentences they soyjack over how amazing he is.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Someone I know on Twitter even made a fake profile called “Daniel N!gger” and pretended to be a Trump-endorsed Republican congressional candidate for Nevada. The account got over 2,000+ followers and most of them were MAGA boomers who thought it was a real person because they love “muh based black republicans!” so much

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...daniel-n-word/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Ohio's 21 week limit is reasonable. It will always be state by state though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I'm not sure there should be any federal restrictions, but I'd settle for the status quo ante.
    Like the women who've had abortions, Winester, you've nary other choice now.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Of course they’re not. Women aren’t electively aborting 35 week old fetuses they’ve already bought a crib for and picked out a name for, and Republicans only hurt themselves more with women voters when they try to push the premise that women are doing this by constantly trying to shove the late term abortion boogeyman down everyone’s throat.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course they’re not. Women aren’t electively aborting 35 week old fetuses they’ve already bought a crib for and picked out a name for, and Republicans only hurt themselves more with women voters when they try to push the premise that women are doing this by constantly trying to shove the late term abortion boogeyman down everyone’s throat.
    Early, late, six of one, half dozen of the other. These women are murdering babies, Will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that case, why can't democrats agree on a reasonable time limit on abortions? there are extremists on both sides...Some Republicans want zero abortions period, some democrats want zero restrictions on abortion. Thats why the Senate will never get 60 Senators to agree on anything to do with abortion and it will always be state by state after this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In that case, why can't democrats agree on a reasonable time limit on abortions? there are extremists on both sides...Some Republicans want zero abortions period, some democrats want zero restrictions on abortion. Thats why the Senate will never get 60 Senators to agree on anything to do with abortion and it will always be state by state after this.
    Early, late, six of one, half dozen of the other. These women are murdering babies, CC.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Because Republicans in states like Missouri have proven that if they can restrict post viability abortions they’re going to do it even in instances when the woman’s life is in danger (the laws on the books in Missouri and Texas basically make doctors wait until the mother is on the verge of death before they can abort)..

I’d be totally fine with a federal, Western European style solution that restricts late term abortions but has exceptions for the life of the mother as long as it doesn’t give states any discretion to go further with draconian laws that put the mother’s life in jeopardy.

Abortions should also be publicly funded (it’s a sound investment that pays for itself since paying for the abortion is cheaper than paying for the welfare baby).

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    also you can try as hard as you want to both sides this issue by claiming no abortion restrictions is equally as extreme as forcing a 13 year old rape victim to carry her rapist’s baby to term, but we both know it’s a ridiculous false equivalence and your side is just going to keep losing elections as long as it parrots the bull “Democrats are the real abortion extremists!” narrative.

No one other than habitual Fox News viewers buys it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Republicans in states like Missouri have proven that if they can restrict post viability abortions they’re going to do it even in instances when the woman’s life is in danger (the laws on the books in Missouri and Texas basically make doctors wait until the mother is on the verge of death before they can abort)..

I’d be totally fine with a federal, Western European style solution that restricts late term abortions but has exceptions for the life of the mother as long as it doesn’t give states any discretion to go further with draconian laws that put the mother’s life in jeopardy.

Abortions should also be publicly funded (it’s a sound investment that pays for itself since paying for the abortion is cheaper than paying for the welfare baby).
    I'm OK with that.

BTW, I looked it up. There are over 620,000 abortions in the US every year. 93% are in the first trimester (13 weeks) 6% occur between 13 and 20 weeks, and 1% after 21 weeks. That 1% is more than 6200 late term abortions. Considering viability is generally accepted at 24 weeks, then it is not out of the question that some viable babies are being aborted.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm OK with that.

BTW, I looked it up. There are over 620,000 abortions in the US every year. 93% are in the first trimester (13 weeks) 6% occur between 13 and 20 weeks, and 1% after 21 weeks. That 1% is more than 6200 late term abortions. Considering viability is generally accepted at 24 weeks, then it is not out of the question that some viable babies are being aborted.
    Early, late, six of one, half dozen of the other. These women are murdering babies, CC.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm OK with that.

How many of those 6,200 abortions are elective and how many are because of health issues arising from the pregnancy? All the data I’ve seen shows that abortions after 20 weeks are primarily because of a health issue with the mother or because the fetus has a health issue that makes it unable to survive outside the womb.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    using the statistic that only 1% of all abortions happening after 20 weeks to somehow claim elective late term abortions are a real epidemic we need to address and not just a right wing boogeyman used to justify draconian abortion laws

Thread Information