Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how are they detouring traffic around? Will be driving to Culver City next week.
    If you're coming from LAX, won't be a problem for you. Just take Sepulveda up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What's your conspiracy theory here?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you never even mentioned arson as a possibility

Certainly not as a plot to shut the highway down.

You lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this case, the space was being leased to a company called Apex Development Inc., though the lease has expired and that en y is involved in litigation with the state. Newsom expects the case to be heard in court in early 2024.

“This guy and this organization, whoever the members of that particular organization are, have been bad actors,” Newsom said. “We’ve been in a litigious posture for some time. They stopped paying their rent, they’re out of compliance, and as was stated yesterday … they have been subleasing this site to at least five, maybe as many as six tenants, without authorization from Caltrans or authorization from our federal partners.”
    https://ktla.com/10-freeway-fire/bad...k-newsom-says/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were storing large amounts of left over hand sanitizer under the bridge. What could possibly go wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're coming from LAX, won't be a problem for you. Just take Sepulveda up.
    naaa, driving in on 10.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They were storing large amounts of left over hand sanitizer under the bridge. What could possibly go wrong?
    ...Biden lying his stinkin' ass off..."I'll shut it down!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    naaa, driving in on 10.
    There should be something alternative, but it's going to suck.

I have to take that heading to TX next month too. We'll see what it looks like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No conspiracy per RumpHumper.
    Whining because i didn't spoonfeed you the exact cause.
    Well you do esteem my insight so very highly so there's that.

Investigators have made a preliminary determination that the blaze was intentionally set behind a fence where businesses were storing materials under I-10, but they said they do not know yet who started it.

you never even mentioned arson as a possibility

Certainly not as a plot to shut the highway down.

You lose.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No conspiracy per RumpHumper.
    Whining because i didn't spoonfeed you the exact cause.
    Well you do esteem my insight so very highly so there's that.

[FONT="]Investigators have made a preliminary determination that the blaze was intentionally set behind a fence where businesses were storing materials under I-10, but they said they do not know yet who started it.[/FONT]
    Yep, you lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue the beaurocrats and defense liarwyers to turn this into an 8 year case with zero done.

Link
    Los Angeles criticized for its handling of homelessness after 16 homeless people escape freeway fire (msn.com)

Business owners who subleased the storage properties said they voiced concerns for years about fire danger and other hazards related to camps in an industrial zone under I-10.

Rudy Serafin said the number of homeless encampments in the neighborhood grew steadily since he began storing supplies for his business under the freeway in 2009. He said Serafin Distribution, which provides office supplies and other items, couldn't get insurance due to concerns about homeless people starting cooking fires. He said he and other business owners made multiple reports asking city officials to do something.
    “We called every single week," he said, adding that eventually encampments were cleared, only to reappear again within days.
    The city didn’t respond to a request for comment about whether they had received complaints or removed people from the site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya, think, Gov Numb Nutts?

Storage yards under highways are common statewide, with the money from the leases going to public transit. Newsom said the practice would be reevaluated following the fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There should be something alternative, but it's going to suck.

I have to take that heading to TX next month too. We'll see what it looks like.
    Are you going to drive that stretch of I-8 where they say if you break down, the cartels will kidnap you and hold you randsom?
    Or even worse.
    Perhaps they can be informed of your high tech skills and they will force you to do IT work for them.
    I will negotiate terms of the cartells surrender being you could still post on ST till we're able to free you.

Or is that another thing Joe cleared up after kicking the Big Losers arse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how well or poorly California responds may have decisive effects on Newsom's national ambitions

The initial assessment in Philadelphia was that I-95 would be closed for months, maybe through Thanksgiving. But [Democrat PA Governor Josh] Shapiro mobilized union construction workers and enabled a novel use of recycled glass to get the highway up and running in less than two weeks… That set a precedent that Newsom is now going to need to live up to. There is no current timetable for reopening the 10. While most of the site has been cleared of hazardous materials and federal emergency funds have been made available, engineers have not yet determined whether they could simply retrofit the existing structure, or be forced to demolish and rebuild it. The message to residents has been to strap in for a long winter of east-west driving either way. That’s not going to fly for Newsom for several reasons. He is not a newcomer in a purple state his first year on the job; in fact, he’s termed out in 2026. But Newsom has national aspirations, which is the worst-kept secret in America. If the 10 closure lingers and construction falls behind, public anger will build. Shapiro came in well ahead of schedule, was completely transparent (he even set up a webcam to track progress), and thrived under pressure. That will inevitably be used as a measuring stick for Newsom. Newsom’s popularity recently sank to an all-time low in California, an across-the-board drop that has an unclear origin.
    https://prospect.org/infrastructure/...nal-ambitions/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    how well or poorly California responds may have decisive effects on Newsom's national ambitions

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Optima] https://prospect.org/infrastructure/...nal-ambitions/
    MSM, led by CNN, and seconded by MSNBC will cover for him and before it's over he'll be canonized over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...the silly son-of-a- is probably the one who set the damn thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Careful you'll have RumpHumper accusing you of being conspiracy theorist.

Get in here and pay rent Chumpy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you going to drive that stretch of I-8 where they say if you break down, the cartels will kidnap you and hold you randsom?
    Or even worse.
    Perhaps they can be informed of your high tech skills and they will force you to do IT work for them.
    I will negotiate terms of the cartells surrender being you could still post on ST till we're able to free you.

Or is that another thing Joe cleared up after kicking the Big Losers arse?
    I do LA -> Tucson -> (drive right past NM to) Fort Stockton -> McAllen.

Mostly all I-10, except for the last bit on 281. El Paso is probably the closest to the border I drive by.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Optima] https://prospect.org/infrastructure/...nal-ambitions/
    It's a little different than I-95 though. All highways here are constructed to withstand up to moderate earthquakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the road will be closed for about a week and "not indefinitely perhaps months" as the thread le says.

Big difference and not much of a "chit show," won't you say?

Sure, the fire damaged road closure is a major inconvenience; sure, crap should never be stored under the road; sure, whoever stored the flammable material under the road should face consequences; but are you not impressed that the governor got lightning-fast results after all the doom and gloom you posted?

Are you a Newsome fanboy now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the road will be closed for about a week and "not indefinitely perhaps months" as the thread le says.

Big difference and not much of a "chit show," won't you say?

Sure, the fire damaged road closure is a major inconvenience; sure, crap should never be stored under the road; sure, whoever stored the flammable material under the road should face consequences; but are you not impressed that the governor got lightning-fast results after all the doom and gloom you posted?

Are you a Newsome fanboy now?
    "not indefinitely perhaps months" as numerous and certainly MSM headlined.
    For that matter he himself said "3-5 weeks" at least.

Last edited by MultiTroll; 11-17-2023 at 10:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "not indefinitely perhaps months" as numerous and certainly MSM headlined.
    For that matter he himself said "3-5 weeks" at least.
    So Newsome cut his initial 3-5 week repair estimate to one week.

Are you not impressed?

You did post this thread and the cite "months" estimate, so did Newsome not rock your doom and gloom world?

Just be grateful it was not governor Yam s, as he would crying forever about how he lost the election because it was not fair, complaining about the witch hunt trials, crying about how much better his administration was than Obama's, and grifting the poorly educated.

Thread Information