Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with Gloria Allred is not her competence as an attorney, it's her ability to get media attention. That's the problem for Giddy. I have no idea what the facts are, but my guess is, the more the media attention, if there is anything sketchy, the more likely he will get cut from the Thunder.
    I doubt he gets cut. ing underaged girls doesn’t have the same stigma as weenie wagging. He’ll be fine, in NBA terms, but poorer after the inevitable suit/settlement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he gets cut. ing underaged girls doesn’t have the same stigma as weenie wagging. He’ll be fine, in NBA terms, but poorer after the inevitable suit/settlement.
    Well, I think you have to see all the facts first before you decide if it's no big deal. People go to prison or are permanently declared sex offenders for such behavior to this day. It's a big enough deal that the NBA has start investigating. It certainly has the potential to be much worse than the Primo situation. I mean, rich people get away with more stuff than the regular joes, but if facts are bad enough, no guarantee he's in the league in a year.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we even know the actual age gap? He was 19 she was 17? Then her being the actual one that bragged publicly. Yeah I doubt he’s cut. Seems that lawyer’s presence alone is simply a means to extract maximum dollars in exchange for not cooperating with law enforcement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I think you have to see all the facts first before you decide if it's no big deal. People go to prison or are permanently declared sex offenders for such behavior to this day. It's a big enough deal that the NBA has start investigating. It certainly has the potential to be much worse than the Primo situation. I mean, rich people get away with more stuff than the regular joes, but if facts are bad enough, no guarantee he's in the league in a year.
    The NBA investigated Primo, as well, and suspended him two whole games, in spite of repeated exposures in three instances. In league terms, this will be another nothingburger.

This girl is either 16 or 17, Giddey is 19, and they met at an over 18 club, which she somehow got into. BTW, Giddey is a rich guy, the point of engaging the services of Gloria Allred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the New York Post, Josh Giddey broke up with Cook because he discovered that she was underage. The report says that she told him that she was 19 when they met for the first time in a nightclub. Giddey, too, was 19 at that time. Upon discovering her real age the next day, he broke off all ties.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league should decide whether a player gets cut for that, not a team. Because you always have a Clippers or a Jaiblazers that will pick someone up.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the New York Post, Josh Giddey broke up with Cook because he discovered that she was underage. The report says that she told him that she was 19 when they met for the first time in a nightclub. Giddey, too, was 19 at that time. Upon discovering her real age the next day, he broke off all ties.
    I was told he was a pedophile. Lynch him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA; Josh Giddey set to be cleared after police investigation | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Hoping we will learn Allred didn't get a dime out of the shakedown.
    May never know.

Regarless, Giddey is free!

Looked good last night in OKCs game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how he "discovered her age the next day" but he "broke up with her"?

So they "dated" for exactly one day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA; Josh Giddey set to be cleared after police investigation | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Hoping we will learn Allred didn't get a dime out of the shakedown.
    May never know.

Regarless, Giddey is free!

Looked good last night in OKCs game.
    Gloria Allred has no involvement in the police case, other than to sabotage it by going and getting the girl paid, in exchange for her silence.

Thread Information