Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The scenario: Holt Jr has lifted his head from the giant pile of coke on his desk long enough to notice what Pop and Co are doing and he fires Pop and Wright. But, he’s on such a wild bender he hires you to rebuild the franchise, starting with a fire sale, and tells you the expectation is to make the playoffs in Wemby’s third year.

What moves do you make?

Ground rules:
    1. Wemby is the only player off limits, everyone else can go
    2. Moves must be realistic. You can’t trade Tre Jones for Luka, unless we’re talking Samanic.
    3. You must stay below the first luxury tax apron
    4. All moves must pass the trade machine

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hire Becky Hammon. She coaches them and we win. I would also maybe need to move vassel for a point guard.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Establish myself as head coach for the rest of the szn. Play the starting lineup of [Jones-Vassell-Keldon-Sochan-Wemby] the rest of the season. Draft either the top PG or Zacharie then we win 30 rings in a row to establish wembanyamas goat case

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no point firing Pop/ Wright now. Any new coach / GM will struggle to make lemonade from this mess. It's better to wait till the end of the season and then see if there are alternatives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just need to start Jones and play Graham. I really wouldn't mind the season -- including the W/L record -- if they were putting their best foot forward.

Now if I were forced to run the team, I would've wanted the job more back in June when the full off-season were open. Right now, there's been too much damage done to make any win-now move. I'd monitor the wire for an interesting young player to try to trade for, but I'm mostly waiting for the off-season. I do think the players like each other, and that's the most important thing for the rest of this season. Play a real PG with them to let them start growing again, and then figure it out this summer.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Move 1: Come here to
    Move 2: Entire team - no more 3pt shooting. I don't care if you lose. I want to see the passing game and some inside shots. This gets Victor involved.
    Move 3: If Victor doesn't touch the ball, you better not have touched it either.
    Move 4: See how that plays out

I don't think it's so much about one turd starting over another turd. I think it's about how well the turds play together and how well they get the ball to Victor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sure as wouldn’t care if fans booed the opposing team.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Hire Coach Bud.

2. Draft Ron Holland with my first pick. Rob Dillingham with my second, and if he’s unavailable then I take Stephon Castle.

3a. Get any PATFO fluffer from this site to go show Uncle Dennis a good time and get Kawhi back. If that doesn’t work then I would have to do Plan B, which is below.

3b. Make a package of Keldon plus multiple first rounders that does NOT include our pick next year or the Bulls pick to try and get OG Anunoby.

4. I will take any second rounder even if it’s for 2040 to get Jeremy Sochan and Zach Collins off this ing team.

5. Once that is done, try and get Valenciunas locked to a good $15-20M per/3-4yr deal

Wemby/Valenciunas
    Kawhi or OG
    Holland/Champagnie
    Vassell/Branham
    Dillingham or Castle/Jones

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would anybody fire Wright? Does he have the ability to fire Pop? Because that's the only fireable offense I can think of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would anybody fire Wright? Does he have the ability to fire Pop? Because that's the only fireable offense I can think of.
    Ever heard of Josh Primo?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    step #1) build a time machine and go to after landing the #1 pick

step #2) fire pop, hire ime or d’antoni

step #3) trade for hield & turner when they could’ve been had for not very much

bonus: convince cp3 to buyout with the wizards, then sign him

might not be in chronological order but you get the gist.

spurs would be would 2nd or 3rd seed rn tbh.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reached on a projected late first rounder in Josh Primo (who averaged 8ppg on 43fg% at Bama ) with the 12th pick. Many here were huge Sengun fans, me personally wanted Jalen Johnson at the time. Both would have been better than the predator who was dog even before he exposed his micropenis, but was given a pass because of his age.

Next draft he had the riches of having 3 first rounders and used them on analytically the worst players in the NBA in Sochan, Branham, and Wesley. Not kidding on that either. Sochan and Branhan both have NEGATIVE win shares, the two worst Value Over Replacement on the team, and of all rotation players they both have the worst Box Plus Minus BY FAR. I won't even touch on Blake Wesley that much, all that needs to be said is he has a negative Net Rating in the G League...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea if I'm Holt I let Pop take all the L's before I fire him but if it has to be that way obviously the season is done already so you might as well complete the tank but im definitely looking to trade and clean a large majority of guys out of here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because how else do you become GM in this hypothetical scenario?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever heard of Josh Primo?
    Yeah. Still on an NBA roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reached on a projected late first rounder in Josh Primo (who averaged 8ppg on 43fg% at Bama ) with the 12th pick. Many here were huge Sengun fans, me personally wanted Jalen Johnson at the time. Both would have been better than the predator who was dog even before he exposed his micropenis, but was given a pass because of his age.

Next draft he had the riches of having 3 first rounders and used them on analytically the worst players in the NBA in Sochan, Branham, and Wesley. Not kidding on that either. Sochan and Branhan both have NEGATIVE win shares, the two worst Value Over Replacement on the team, and of all rotation players they both have the worst Box Plus Minus BY FAR. I won't even touch on Blake Wesley that much, all that needs to be said is he has a negative Net Rating in the G League...

You are making a case for firing Pop, not Wright.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Already stated I would have traded for Lilliard in other treads. the draft picks. That would have been my first move. You need a superstar to keep another superstar happy. Lakers knew that when they traded their future for Anthony Davis to appease LeBron which resulted in a le.

2. Hire Robert Horry as coach.

3. See #1,,,,,trade draft picks for proven players and quit this high risk/high reward approach when you have a guy like Wemby for only 4 years or he's gone,,,you gotta swing for the fences now,,,,not wait for a draft and hope it pans out,,,,you cant pick specific players which the OP wants because you dont know who is realistically available,,,,,you could probably make a trade work under the trade machine but the player will never be available,,,,,

4. I'd call Memphis and see what it would take to pull Morant out of there since they may be having cold feet on him after his legal trouble. You pair Wemby and Morant and watch out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely hiring ducks and mugen for those spots

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't get the outrage. Spurs are a mortal lock for a Top 3 pick now and despite how awful they are Wemby looks way ahead of schedule and other NBA talent is taking notice. FAs and ring-chasers would probably jump at the chance to play with this kid in a year or two.

Let Pop fall on the sword this season but keep the losing going strong. Package the draft capital for a prized FA or draft your next PG.

They were never going to compete this year, so why be this upset about it. Wemby is already a lock to break several rookie records and win ROY, so no need to course correct till EoS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Step 1: Re-hire Coach Pop and Brian Wright

Step 2: Do not win another game this season

Step 3: Double my luck in 2024 draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the outrage. Spurs are a mortal lock for a Top 3 pick now and despite how awful they are Wemby looks way ahead of schedule and other NBA talent is taking notice. FAs and ring-chasers would probably jump at the chance to play with this kid in a year or two.

Let Pop fall on the sword this season but keep the losing going strong. Package the draft capital for a prized FA or draft your next PG.

They were never going to compete this year, so why be this upset about it. Wemby is already a lock to break several rookie records and win ROY, so no need to course correct till EoS.
    So losing 19 straight games is a good thing now since we were never going to contend? I don’t mind losing games but 19 in a row is bull

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So losing 19 straight games is a good thing now since we were never going to contend? I don’t mind losing games but 19 in a row is bull
    I'm quite enjoying it, tbh.

Could be worse. You could be Detroit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, I get to run the Spurs.

Step 1: do a thorough audit of the entire organization for the last ten years.

Subsequent steps depend on who goes, or how many go, to prison.

Believe.
    Post Count
    You know it’s about time the spurs org recognized my greatness. First things first, I want a Monty Williams sized deal. Then kindergarten can begin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd hire Pop back so I can fire him again tbh.

Thread Information