Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This video made me think a lot about the big 3 spurs and how ahead of the game they were.
    Manu Ginobili was a 2 guard but had the skills of a point guard, he could score, pass, and handle the ball.

The big 3 really were ahead of their time skillset wise. A point guard who scored, a 2guard who did it all, and the greatest power forward of all time who could pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duncan would just be a center in today's NBA. even younger, more athletic duncan would have just been a center. never was a good enough shooter to provide the spacing modern 4's have to. for his career he was about a 40% shooter from anything outside of 10 feet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would cause a stir. But David Robinson in this era would be the most dominant player in the league, more so than Duncan. He would be Giannis with a midrange shot that probably would have a three point shot, while being a even better defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while tracking data on this only goes back to 96-97, from then on, robinson shot 38% on shots from 10-16 feet and 41.5% on shots from 16 feet to the 3pt line, so not much better than duncan. and being a worse post player than duncan, robinsons fg% from 3-10 feet was only 36%

again, this only goes back fo 96-97, so after robinson's prime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while tracking data on this only goes back to 96-97, from then on, robinson shot 38% on shots from 10-16 feet and 41.5% on shots from 16 feet to the 3pt line, so not much better than duncan. and being a worse post player than duncan, robinsons fg% from 3-10 feet was only 36%

again, this only goes back fo 96-97, so after robinson's prime
    Robinson jumper was money though. So interesting stats. I wonder what Mcdyse was, considering he had a money jumper to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would cause a stir. But David Robinson in this era would be the most dominant player in the league, more so than Duncan. He would be Giannis with a midrange shot that probably would have a three point shot, while being a even better defender.
    You want an even bigger stir? Manu would be the #1 option on offense over both Duncan and Robinson.

Thread Information