Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1396
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Knicks building a great all-around team without using any of their draft picks. They're now a deep playoff contender who hasn't blown their firsts.

2. Washington and Detroit started their sell-off too late. OKC and Utah reaped the most by starting early (and had big assets to trade), the Spurs got in a little bit behind (and had lesser assets) and now all that's left are seconds.
    Knicks are doing exactly the opposite of what most seem to want to to around here, which is have an urgency to use their assets (as if they were hot potatoes) to overpay for stars. After years of going that route, they were smart in their signings, they don't throw picks around, and only make smart use of them, in moderate amounts and for players that fit and are worth it. You have to hold your ground, otherwise the league stomps all over you. Good for Leon Rose, Daryl Morey, etc.

As for the Spurs, this time arournd there aren't many great assets to be traded, more likely they're last minute plan Z if everything else fails (McDermott, Osman) or a last minute cap move (sending expirings for contracts that run 1 more year, etc)
    Last edited by Ariel; 02-08-2024 at 12:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olynyk to Toronto is surprising to me. He was talked about as being sought after by a lot of contenders. Maybe Toronto isn’t hard tanking at this point after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olynyk to Toronto is surprising to me. He was talked about as being sought after by a lot of contenders. Maybe Toronto isn’t hard tanking at this point after all.
    I think they were always on the fence, depending on results and offers to swing either way. It appears they've chosen a side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why people think Toronto is tanking. They're in a soft rebuild, clearly not tanking.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised the Thunder gave up as much as they did for Hayward. I will admit to not having watched much of Hayward recently but his stats say he's barely a replacement level player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why people think Toronto is tanking. They're in a soft rebuild, clearly not tanking.
    Before the Anunoby and Siakam trade that was a distinct possibility, less likely by then, but with Poeltl also rumored to be on the market there were still doubts. If they keep Poeltl and acquire Olynyk to keep for themselves, then it's clear they're going for a mild rebuild, not a tank.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks are doing exactly the opposite of what most seem to want to to around here, which is have an urgency to use their assets (as if they were hot potatoes) to overpay for stars. After years of going that route, they were smart in their signings, they don't throw picks around, and only make smart use of them, in moderate amounts and for players that fit and are worth it. You have to hold your ground, otherwise the league stomps all over you. Good for Leon Rose, Daryl Morey, etc.

As for the Spurs, this time arournd there aren't many great assets to be traded, more likely they're last minute plan Z if everything else fails (McDermott, Osman) or a last minute cap move (sending expirings for contracts that run 1 more year, etc)
    It seems to me that since this a buyers market that we should pivot frim trying to sell Doug etc to using them and attaching 2nds to become buyers. I don't mean just buy anything, but try and buy some complementary players on reasonable contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the Anunoby and Siakam trade that was a distinct possibility, less likely by then, but with Poeltl also rumored to be on the market there were still doubts. If they keep Poeltl and acquire Olynyk to keep for themselves, then it's clear they're going for a mild rebuild, not a tank.
    There was never any indication of a tank. It was very clear they were moving players they had to either pay enormously to keep or move. Their mistake was keeping them too long, but they were only retooling, not tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Micic, who people here wanted to use a first round pick to acquire last summer, has been included in the trade from OKC to Charlotte. He's been pretty terrible, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems to me that since this a buyers market that we should pivot frim trying to sell Doug etc to using them and attaching 2nds to become buyers. I don't mean just buy anything, but try and buy some complementary players on reasonable contracts.
    I've always been in favor of being opportunistic buyers (never overpaying, though), but the FO seems to be fully commited to a more extreme approach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Craptors were never re-building, hence the prioritization of young veterans over draft capital in the Anunoby trade.

Still, that shouldn't be confused with their unwillingness to tank down the stretch to give themselves the best odds of not suffering the ignominy of sending a mid lottery pick to the Spurs for a player who wasn't worth that to a contender, much less an also-ran.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If whatever trade makes Toronto better and finishing higher than 6th worst, its better for us because we have their pick, (not that this is all that great a draft)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well put. They also went for actual players instead of flash. Guys like Brunson and Hart weren't 'exciting,' but they'd played and won together before and contributed to a better team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptors are trading Dennis Schroder to the Nets for Spencer Dinwiddie, sources tell ESPN.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dinwiddie<->Schroeder trade, Raptors might be tanking after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Schroeder is much better than Dinwiddie at this point. Odd. Wonder what else is there.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Dinwiddie a lot. Shame he can't seem to stick with any team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like Schroeder is much better than Dinwiddie at this point. Odd. Wonder what else is there.
    Clarify: Thad Young is coming to the Nets in the trade with DENNIS Schroder, sources said.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raptors save $13M off next year's cap in the trade. Dinwiddie and Young are both expiring, Schroder has $13M due next season is a FA after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis Smith Jr going to Toronto. A decent defensive guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raps going for about as significant as an in-season roster overhaul as we've seen in a long time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto is dumping his contract that runs one more year for expirings, you have to think there's a reason he never sticks anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto has done a pretty fair job of retooling and getting decent younger assets given they had to dump Siakam and Anunoby and waited too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Another solid move.

Thread Information