Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I kinda think Klutch is using the Spurs “interest” as a marker for other teams, which is consistent with WOJ’s tweet. Basically they want what they paid for him back

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta asking for what the spurs got in return for murray is like a middle aged lower class person buying a new car with a payment and trying to return it 6 months later, not realizing its value is now 1/3rd.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets- Graham + Doug + Toronto 1st + Chi 1st + 2024 LA 2nd

Spurs- Cameron Johnson

Of course, this only comes after the Nets move Bridges and go full in tank..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs- Cameron Johnson

Nets cant go into full tank.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets cant go into full tank.
    If they can get their picks back from Houston by moving Bridges there, they can. This idea 'assumes' that happening..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can get their picks back from Houston by moving Bridges there, they can. This idea 'assumes' that happening..
    Got it. Yeah, I don't think Houston is going to do it, though. I do think Brooklyn needs to move one or two of their SFs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another idea- Helping get DJ out of Atlanta

Lakers- Keldon Johnson + DJ

Spurs- Reaves + Russell

Atlanta- Graham + Prince + Cha 1st + LA 2029 1st

Honestly, I don't like moving KJ for Reaves, which this essentially is, but having DJ off of Atlanta for no real players should help the value of our Atlanta picks...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got it. Yeah, I don't think Houston is going to do it, though. I do think Brooklyn needs to move one or two of their SFs.
    I agree that Houston probably doesn't do it, but ownership there is pretty erratic... so while it's not likely, I wouldn't be shocked either..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They shouldn't expend draft capital until lead creator is settled. If they luck into it in the draft first, then it can be spent on a role player(s).

Even then, Johnson is too injury prone.

Also, Russell will never be a Spur.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They shouldn't expend draft capital until lead creator is settled. If they luck into it in the draft first, then it can be spent on a role player(s).

Even then, Johnson is too injury prone.

Also, Russell will never be a Spur.
    Russell is just salary ballast

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk why would they include us in that trade. Lakers don't want to give up Reaves and Hawks want him.
    If Lakers let go and trade Reaves, he's not going to a third team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs- Cameron Johnson

Too bad Sean Marks wants 12 FRPs for Royce O’Neal. Imagine the cost for Johnson!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell is just salary ballast
    I know, but still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

even role players these days require trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are a lot of teams in Europe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

China

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Killian Hayes
    Kai Jones

I’m making a list of nobodies who have demanded trades. Am I missing anyone so far?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F it: send us Hayes and Wiseman for Graham.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F it: send us Hayes and Wiseman for Zollins.
    FIFY

Then cut both of them so as to not waste roster spots on useless bull , and then up Barlow to a full NBA contract so he can play every night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't necessarily do all of these and obviously it's impossible to know the precise price point, but they could make sense in the off season for the needle the Spurs should try to thread . . .

Collins, Jones, Craptors, Bulls, Hawks '26 swap and unprotected '27 1sts for Young (if he requests trade and Spurs are on his list) and Capela.

Johnson, Craptors and Bulls 1sts for D. White (in unlikely event he doesn't extend).

Graham, Branham, Craptors and Bulls 1sts for C. White.

Johnson, Jones, Craptors, Bulls and Hornets 1sts for Garland (if Mitc signals he will re-sign).

Johnson, Branham, Craptors, Bulls, Hornets and Hawks unprotected '27 1sts for Mitc (if he signals he won't re-sign and Spurs are on his list).

Graham, Branham, Craptors and Bulls 1sts for Simons.

Graham, Branham and either Craptors or Bulls 1st for Sexton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't necessarily do all of these and obviously it's impossible to know the precise price point, but they could make sense in the off season for the needle the Spurs should try to thread . . .

Collins, Jones, Craptors, Bulls, Hawks '26 swap and unprotected '27 1sts for Young (if he requests trade and Spurs are on his list) and Capela.

Johnson, Craptors and Bulls 1sts for D. White (in unlikely event he doesn't extend).

Johnson, Jones, Craptors, Bulls and Hornets 1sts for Garland (if Mitc signals he will re-sign).

Johnson, Branham, Craptors, Bulls, Hornets and Hawks unprotected '27 1sts for Mitc (if he signals he won't re-sign and Spurs are on his list).

" Johnson, Craptors and Bulls 1sts for D. White (in unlikely event he doesn't extend).

Graham, Branham and either Craptors or Bulls 1st for Sexton."

I'd be pretty pleased with any one of these..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Most of those are overpays, and I think you're undervaluing the picks, especially Toronto and Chicago. It would be preferable to offer future Spurs' pick with protections, in most cases. Also I would wait until the summer of '25 for a big spash, there's a big chance Donovan Mitc , Lauri Markkanen, Derrick White are UFAs, so that would lower the price and it's only one year ahead.
    I like the Coby White idea, but it should he noted he's so underpaid he likely won't extend on his current contract, so eventually he'll become a FA (with Bird rights though).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can Zollins do the same then?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of those are overpays, and I think you're undervaluing the picks, especially Toronto and Chicago. It would be preferable to offer future Spurs' pick with protections, in most cases. Also I would wait until the summer of '25 for a big spash, there's a big chance Donovan Mitc , Lauri Markkanen, Derrick White are UFAs, so that would lower the price and it's only one year ahead.
    I like the Coby White idea, but it should he noted he's so underpaid he likely won't extend on his current contract, so eventually he'll become a FA (with Bird rights though).
    The only way you can get teams to consider trading players that they probably aren't interested in trading and don't have a looming deadline to, is to overpay a la the Spurs with Murray.

The Spurs have the draft equity to do so, especially considering out of the non stars (Mitc and Young), they wouldn't be touching any of their best ones.

Relying on star players to get to free agency in this era is a fool's errand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need a veteran point guard, not some draftee that may or mynot be something in 3-4 years. I'd rather see them trade for one and then go after something else in the draft. Wemby needs another star or 2 with him and that's probably not going to be found in the draft anytime soon

Thread Information