Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the incredible Phoenix flame out, and a dearth of picks until 2030... wonder if there is an outside shot at going after Book.
    Mat Ishbia is one of the most egotistical and narcissistic people on the planet. He is going to take this season personally.

I think he will most likely go full sunk cost fallacy and ride this roster into the ground, which would force them to bottom out for several years in the late 2020s/early 2030s when the lack of draft picks and second apron penalties take their full toll.

If he decides heads must roll then nobody on the coaching staff or front office is safe, but I think he waits at least one more year before thinking that the roster is the problem. If and when he decides to blow it up, though, especially if the Suns flame out in the playoffs (or even miss them entirely), he might trade all of their big 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me trading for Murray is the play. One of the reasons given for trading him was that he wasn't going to be on board signing a team friendly contract. Well, he did. I'd give up the 27 Hawks pick. His stats with Trae Young out were great. Also, if the time comes when Doncic decides he wants out of Dallas his contract goes one year past Doncic's and would be a great part of a package for him. Murray obviously creates more wins otherwise the Spurs wouldn't have traded him for the tank. Spurs still need to find their #2, but Murray makes a great #3 and Vassel and exceptional #4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the incredible Phoenix flame out, and a dearth of picks until 2030... wonder if there is an outside shot at going after Book.
    It looks like they have to trade somebody...firing Vogel won't be enough of a PR move..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like they have to trade somebody...firing Vogel won't be enough of a PR move..
    Yeah, and I would assume that Book would be the LAST piece they'd be interested in trading away... but ideas have to start somewhere.

Unfortunately for the Suns, they really don't have any other valuable assets. Booker is obviously the most valuable. They might feel stuck with Durant because there is no way they recoup anywhere close to their investment. They don't have the picks necessary to try and move off of Beal. Allen and Nurk have value, but not enough to turn things around there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am more than happy to give the Sun's everything we got for da instagram baller plus another #1 for the Slim Reaper. KD might be happy to have the pressure off because with us it is Wemby and Pop's team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and I would assume that Book would be the LAST piece they'd be interested in trading away... but ideas have to start somewhere.

Unfortunately for the Suns, they really don't have any other valuable assets. Booker is obviously the most valuable. They might feel stuck with Durant because there is no way they recoup anywhere close to their investment. They don't have the picks necessary to try and move off of Beal. Allen and Nurk have value, but not enough to turn things around there.
    Beal has a no-trade clause too, so he'll be very hard to move. They may be stuck. I wouldn’t move Book unless I was blowing it all the way up and trading everybody for as many unprotected picks as i could get. So, that leaves either 1) Durant or 2) running it back a year older? I don't see any straight up trade for KD that really works for them. Maybe a 3 team deal where the 3rd team is moving a star-lite player or two and would rather take picks and step back for a season or two...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beal has a no-trade clause too, so he'll be very hard to move. They may be stuck. I wouldn’t move Book unless I was blowing it all the way up and trading everybody for as many unprotected picks as i could get. So, that leaves either 1) Durant or 2) running it back a year older? I don't see any straight up trade for KD that really works for them. Maybe a 3 team deal where the 3rd team is moving a star-lite player or two and would rather take picks and step back for a season or two...
    Only twice in his 12 year career has Beal played 82 games in the season so Suns screwed themselves if they thought they could depend on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams sign and trade scenario

-Orlando is short a point guard and center that can score. Bulls are ready to move on from Nikola Vucevic, they don't want to pay him anymore and the fans are desperate to salary dump him. He's a fan favorite in Orlando and is even attending the playoff games. Bulls could dump him to Orlando for someone cheap or a 2nd rounder. Orlando adds offense to the center position and has the cap space to still go after their real prize Malik Monk in free agency.

-Bulls offered 4/64 to Patrick Williams but he declined, wants to get more. His max value is 3/60 or 4/80. Spurs could offer a sign and trade scenario for him. Spurs send Zach Collins and the 1st and 2nd round Bulls picks back to Chicago. Chicago essentially saves a couple million the next two years by swapping Nikola for Zach (they both have 2 years remaining), but they get back their picks. All of this for Patrick Williams who they were ready to not pay anyway. All they have to do from there is let Demar walk, shop Caruso to a contender for a pick at the deadline, and find a sucker for Zach Lavine (Lavine for Ben Simmons expiring swap?) and get a head start on tanking for Cooper Flagg with major cap space available for the 2025 offseason.

-Spurs lose a top10 protected pick but they not only dumped Zach Collins but get a solid young 3 and D SF that can start next to Wemby and Vassell. Champagnie goes to the bench. Salary for next season only goes up a few million since Zach's salary went out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance the Magic would want a past his prime Vucevic back, who'd have an adverse affect on their elite defense.

The type of offense they need is volume 3-point shooting combo guard (Simons, McCollum, Russell, Monk, etc.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think KD is the only option, especially after he opened the door with his comments regarding the offense, they have and should utilize that trade to possibly move other players (mainly Nurkic) that aren't producing to get them some flexibility. Haven't researched the how, but I could see SAC, ORL, CLE or OKC wanting to possibly get KD for a year or two to help them get over the playoff hump depending on their current playoff outcome. Only other option is for Suns to stay ignorant, listen to KD's words and think they just need a coach that puts more focus on him but the outcome would still be the same as this year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only twice in his 12 year career has Beal played 82 games in the season so Suns screwed themselves if they thought they could depend on him.
    Agreed. I don't know how they couldn't see this end coming. Wiz only re-upped him cause no stars were coming and they needed a ticket chaser. It's still pretty crazy they gave up so much for him.... Wiz FO was screaming for joy no doubt to get all that for their miscue in re-signing Beal in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been on the Patrick Williams bandwagon for a while now…definitely one I want to keep an eye on. Of course depends on the price and theres no doubt risk but hes the type of player I think Spurs should be looking at snagging if possible.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am more than happy to give the Sun's everything we got for da instagram baller plus another #1 for the Slim Reaper. KD might be happy to have the pressure off because with us it is Wemby and Pop's team.
    he is done

no way

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is basically what he always was an elite scorer with no desire to be the leader of a team. That makes him perfect, an ultra elite player on the offensive end, an above average defender with no need to challenge Wemby or Pop for leadership of the team. He would also be the end of the game shot Taker that the team currently lacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Praying the Pels will blow it up, and make Herb Jones and Trey Murphy available. I would give a protected first/young prospect + a whole bunch of 2nds for either one of them. Alas, it would make little sense for the Pels to trade either or both of these players if they were to blow up the team, Ingram and McCollum should go first before either of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Praying the Pels will blow it up, and make Herb Jones and Trey Murphy available. I would give a protected first/young prospect + a whole bunch of 2nds for either one of them. Alas, it would make little sense for the Pels to trade either or both of these players if they were to blow up the team, Ingram and McCollum should go first before either of them.
    if the pels blow it up, they will be offloading JV, BI, and McCollum... not the guys you mentioned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the pels blow it up, they will be offloading JV, BI, and McCollum... not the guys you mentioned
    Yeah, but a man can dream. if the Pels are looking for draft capital, the Spurs have quite a few. TM3 would look great next to Wemby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what's out there (or more pointedly what's not out there), I kinda would like to see if we can get D'Lo at pg in FA and trade for KD or BI if one's made available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but a man can dream. if the Pels are looking for draft capital, the Spurs have quite a few. TM3 would look great next to Wemby.
    i dont think they're looking to become non-compe ive and tank. they still want a reasonable team around zion and thats going to include the younger, cheaper guys like Herb/Murph. they'll look to get draft assets from the other 3 guys i mentioned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what's out there (or more pointedly what's not out there), I kinda would like to see if we can get D'Lo at pg in FA and trade for KD or BI if one's made available.
    If D'Lo isn't an option I'd explore trading Collins + Tor pick to Portland for Brogdon + their GSW pick (possibly taking Filipowski there)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If D'Lo isn't an option I'd explore trading Collins + Tor pick to Portland for Brogdon + their GSW pick (possibly taking Filipowski there)
    I don't think we would need to use a first rounder for Brogdon.
    Believe it or not, Blazers are at $165M payroll for the next season, we'd just need to take Brogdon's salary off their hands. I'd say a couple of second rounders would do it.
    But idk about Brogdon. He's had injuries every year and apparently isn't a good locker room presence. Not a veteran you'd want.

Ingram will surely be available and he's on an expiring deal. I don't want him though. The most melancholic player in the league.
    I watched every game of their series and he put zero effort most of the time. When he tried, Dort destroyed him, was sad to watch, tbh.

Idk what would D'Lo ask for, but I'd take him for a couple of years. Good regular season point guard.

Regardless of the draft, we must get one legit 3-D wing. There are many names out there, we mentioned them plenty of times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't mind Colby White, doubt Bulls would trade him though, always been a fan of his.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone thinking about draft day trade scenarios? I would imagine even the 5th pick would have some value to one of the playoff teams that ends up flaming out, while allowing them to save face with their fanbase. Or one of these various teams who have traded away all their picks this draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we would need to use a first rounder for Brogdon.
    Believe it or not, Blazers are at $165M payroll for the next season, we'd just need to take Brogdon's salary off their hands. I'd say a couple of second rounders would do it.
    But idk about Brogdon. He's had injuries every year and apparently isn't a good locker room presence. Not a veteran you'd want.

Ingram will surely be available and he's on an expiring deal. I don't want him though. The most melancholic player in the league.
    I watched every game of their series and he put zero effort most of the time. When he tried, Dort destroyed him, was sad to watch, tbh.

Idk what would D'Lo ask for, but I'd take him for a couple of years. Good regular season point guard.

Regardless of the draft, we must get one legit 3-D wing. There are many names out there, we mentioned them plenty of times.
    The thought on the 1st for Brogdon while getting a 1st back 10 spots lower is that we get to move off of Collins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone thinking about draft day trade scenarios? I would imagine even the 5th pick would have some value to one of the playoff teams that ends up flaming out, while allowing them to save face with their fanbase. Or one of these various teams who have traded away all their picks this draft.
    I'd try and see if Phoenix would move Durant for our 1st and our 1st in 2025 + KJ + Zollins. They probably won't, but if Durant is wanting out then maybe..

Thread Information