Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk, we all know the "exploratory interest" was grandpa Pop having another senior moment because he mistook Dejounte Murray for dijon mus .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not keegan?

ah no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be woah crazy just trade them their picks back 😅 it’s like we pawned DJ off to them so we could tank for wemby that year and they kept Trae Young happy for the time being. We obviously keep our pick’s especially this years
    it would be crazy to just trade the picks back.

the hawks picks from 25-27 become way more valuable on a hawks team without murray to raise their floor

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Sochan for Murray even up.
    And then we can trade Branham for LeBron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL leaking this hoping to boost his value. I can’t see this happening. ATL trading him back without getting both ATL picks back would be a horrible PR move for their organization. I can’t see Spurs giving both of them back without protections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be crazy to just trade the picks back.

the hawks picks from 25-27 become way more valuable on a hawks team without murray to raise their floor
    Exactly. Particularly when there isn't going to be a great market for DJM. Who are the buyers for him? LAL - they won't put Reaves in so is Russell and Hachimura better than 2 FRP? I don't know, but don't think so. GSW needs to make a move, but aren't buying DJM. Same with PHI and DAL. He could be a fit in NOLA, but I don't get the sense that they want to make a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Dejounte, but Atlanta isn't getting their 2025 back given the enormous trade value an unprotected first will have in the Cooper Flagg draft. Wouldn't be too keen on waiving the 26 pick swap either in the Boozer draft, though it's a price they'll have to pay to bring Murray back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be woah crazy just trade them their picks back �� it’s like we pawned DJ off to them so we could tank for wemby that year and they kept Trae Young happy for the time being. We obviously keep our pick’s especially this years
    If Spurs are getting Murray I want the Atlanta 25 pick way more than the Spurs 24 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True they aren't in a position of power in this. This isn't about saving face and giving them everything they gave. It is just about beating the best off they get for him. The Spurs should be cool with giving up 1 FRP and a couple of seconds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate this roster

DJM/Tre/Blake
    Vassell/Branham/Patty
    Holland/Keldon/Champegnie
    Sochan/Barlow
    Wemby/Zollins/Bassey

Gives you more D and playmaking with the starters, slots Tre/Branham/Zollins in their rightful place. Only weak spot then is starting PF.
    I hate the Branham part

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the Branham part
    At least Forbes could shoot, sometimes ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs are getting Murray I want the Atlanta 25 pick way more than the Spurs 24 pick.
    I'd probably offer the lesser of 25 and 27, the Charlotte pick back, and filler...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it, bring him home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd probably offer the lesser of 25 and 27, the Charlotte pick back, and filler...
    The 25 pick is completely off limits, not a chance unless Cooper Flagg blows out his knee before the trade deadline. Atlanta would want the 26 swap way more than the 27 pick most likely. I'd only offer the 25 pick for say Bridges. Love Dejounte but an unprotected 25 from a lottery team is gold.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Sochan for Murray even up.

why in the name of god would you trade Sochan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Elliott situation all over again. Trade him for a year and then bring him home.

Would much rather have Trae Young obv, but that ain’t happening, so this would be the best alternative imo.

Don’t think it actually happens, but I’m all for it tbh. DJ just turned 27 years old and is entering his prime, & he’s locked up for the next 4 years on a reasonable contract. Would give us a desperately needed stable, veteran presence at the PG position and we wouldn’t have to wait for a young kid to develop. This draft class of PG’s is looking weaker and weaker by the day too. I’m all for this tbh, so long as it’s not a huge overpay. Bring him home

I’d take a dead hooker at PG over what we have at this point at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 25 pick is completely off limits, not a chance unless Cooper Flagg blows out his knee before the trade deadline. Atlanta would want the 26 swap way more than the 27 pick most likely. I'd only offer the 25 pick for say Bridges. Love Dejounte but an unprotected 25 from a lottery team is gold.
    We've got ours and theirs in 25 and 27... I'm saying give them back whichever is lesser.... we keep the higher potentially Flagg pick..

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon, Jeremy, Malaki, Raptors and/or Hornets 1st.

why would you overpay that much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've got ours and theirs in 25 and 27... I'm saying give them back whichever is lesser.... we keep the higher potentially Flagg pick..
    even the lesser of 2025 could be a lotto pick with chances to become cooper flagg

now id like to think that the 24-25 spurs, with year 2 wemby, full season of murray, etc, wouldnt be a lotto team, but cant take anything for granted with the old man

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even the lesser of 2025 could be a lotto pick with chances to become cooper flagg
    No... Flagg is going #1. There no way anybody passes on him...especially us..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude isn’t a culture fit tbh. Pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No... Flagg is going #1. There no way anybody passes on him...especially us..
    oh yeah, i forgot that the "lesser" thing is dictated after the lotto results.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just looked it up, Dejounte is averaging 38.4% on 8.2 3PA per game (34.9% 3PA rate) this season. Only 69.1% of his threes are assisted. That is legitimately dangerous and alone would help unlock the offense.

That is, if it's sustainable. His career average was 33.4% coming into this year. He is also shooting an uncharacteristically low percentage at the rim of 54.8%, compared to mid to high 60s in his last three years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude isn’t a culture fit tbh. Pass
    cant believe this talking point persists

hes not a cancer like james harden or a piece of human like miles bridges

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we don't actually pick with the picks.

Thread Information