Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL wildly overpaid for DJM. Basing a trade back with the original trade as a starting point of comparison is dumb.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL wildly overpaid for DJM. Basing a trade back with the original trade as a starting point of comparison is dumb.
    Only idiots online are doing that. Atlanta has gotten 1 and a half seasons of usage from him. His value has gone down based on that fact alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring him home tbh

Why are the Hawks in town? That's weird.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only idiots online are doing that. Atlanta has gotten 1 and a half seasons of usage from him. His value has gone down based on that fact alone.
    Also they got him at around $17M/yr and his new contract averages about $29M/yr...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks will want an all-star level player. They are trying to win, not get lottery picks and rebuild.
    They can always trade the picks they get for a player they want. Perhaps they would prefer later draft picks then, though they would be crazy not to go for the Toronto 24 1st imo. Atlanta needs shooting and defense and McDermott and Graham can at least do half of that lol...

Something like

Spurs: Dejounte, Mills

Atlanta: McDermott, Graham, 27 hawks 1st (Pacer's swap less favorable), 27 Spurs 1st, 25 Bulls 2nd, 27 Spurs 2nd, 26 Pacers/Heat 2nd

I think the other trade i proposed is better for both teams though just depends if they want to use the picks or have them available to trade over the next year or so.
    Last edited by SpurSpike; 01-09-2024 at 03:10 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but in theory if all the Spurs did was trade DJM to be bad enough to get Wemby and then trade everything back it would still be a net win for the Spurs...BUT the Hawks gave away so much and could be so bad, why negate all the positive we got out of the trade by giving everything back? That being said getting DJM back would greatly improve our team and realistically shouldn't cost too much if the Hawks are reasonable. If they want to end the DJM experiment the Spurs should be first in line.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has proven he can't really throw lob passes

He excels at bounce passes waist high. Good for LMA mid range jumpers but not so great for Wemby who desperately needs someone who can get the passes up in the air.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any hypothetical Dejounte trade with ATL would not be complete if we don’t bring Patty Mills back along with him tbh. Need Patty back in SA. Would be awesome. I know he’s close to the end of his career, but he’s still got some juice left. Would fit in nicely with Wemby and would give us some much-needed shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. Everyone here trying to send scraps and bad picks. Atlanta wants to climb out of mediocrity. They want to balance the team better. I'm not really sure who's out there to be had. Siakam is obviously on the market, LaVine, but he doesn't make much sense.

What they aren't trying to do is tank the next few years and trade a good player for nothing.
    Doesn't matter what they want, if they're trading DJM, they're gonna have to deal with the fact that there really isn't a market for him. Also, any spurs package that includes ATL's own pick(s) back to them is way more valuable, regardless of the floatsam attached to make the salaries work, because it affords ATL more room to rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any hypothetical Dejounte trade with ATL would not be complete if we don’t bring Patty Mills along with him tbh. Need Patty back in SA. Would be awesome. I know he’s close to the end of his career, but he’s still got some juice left. Would fit in nicely with Wemby and would give us some much-needed shooting.
    That would actually be pretty awesome.

Feels like the Spurs young guys would benefit from Patty's 2014 championship pedigree rubbing off on them (and not in a Josh Primo kind of way).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk, we all know the "exploratory interest" was grandpa Pop having another senior moment because he mistook Dejounte Murray for dijon mus .
    Jesus dude

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh.

Hasn't this dude been giving people like SJax and Matt Barnes the energy that he hated it here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter what they want, if they're trading DJM, they're gonna have to deal with the fact that there really isn't a market for him. Also, any spurs package that includes ATL's own pick(s) back to them is way more valuable, regardless of the floatsam attached to make the salaries work, because it affords ATL more room to rebuild.
    Lol then they won't trade him.

People on here playing EA video games once again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs: Dejounte, Mills

Atlanta: McDermott, Graham, 24 toronto 1st round pick, 25 Bulls 1st round pick, 24 Lakers 2nd round pick, 25 Bulls 2nd round pick
    This is in the ballpark. No way in theyre getting theyre firsts back. Those are too valuable right now. I'd also put protections on the CHI pick, something like least favorable for Spurs and Chicago FRPs or something like that. They can have the CHA pick back, lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol then they won't trade him.

People on here playing EA video games once again.
    and they can keep sucking with him for the next few years....There rivals in the east have
    got so much better with pacers,magic,knicks even chicago...They have to make a move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh.

Hasn't this dude been giving people like SJax and Matt Barnes the energy that he hated it here?
    anyone who sits in a room with SJax is going to get a million questions like "doesnt pop suck?" and "tell us about how uncomfortable it is with the spurs and how they limit your success" and he's going to ask a load of leading questions to try to get you to say something. its inevitable that you will say something that irked you

i remember watching that dejounte interview in full and thought he was generally complimentary of pop and the org. of course nobody is going to be 100% happy anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if this will hit 10 pages before people realize it isn't gonna happen tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone who sits in a room with SJax is going to get a million questions like "doesnt pop suck?" and "tell us about how uncomfortable it is with the spurs and how they limit your success" and he's going to ask a load of leading questions to try to get you to say something. its inevitable that you will say something that irked you

i remember watching that dejounte interview in full and thought he was generally complimentary of pop and the org. of course nobody is going to be 100% happy anywhere.
    I want him back, at the right cost, but I think there's more smoke there than you think:

To be clear, DJM's not all that wrong here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want him back, at the right cost, but I think there's more smoke there than you think:

To be clear, DJM's not all that wrong here
    everybody knows he's a petty drama queen on social media

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is in the ballpark. No way in theyre getting theyre firsts back. Those are too valuable right now. I'd also put protections on the CHI pick, something like least favorable for Spurs and Chicago FRPs or something like that. They can have the CHA pick back, lol
    There's no way the Hawks trade Dejounte for just salary filler + protected firsts + seconds. Especially since they don't control their own draft from 2025-2027.

I think something like Keldon + CHI 1st + one of ATL's picks back (2025 or 2027) is the minimum they would consider. Remember that the Spurs are not the only team that will send offers.

Though I do think the Spurs are on a good future trajectory with respect to cap sheet and picks. They shouldn't break the bank getting Dejounte imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if this will hit 10 pages before people realize it isn't gonna happen tbh
    Whoever said San Antonio is just in the conversation to help drive up the price is exactly right. Murray, in spite of his limitations, would be a huge addition for this group, but, yeah, it's a big stretch to believe that will actually happen.

Wright's only good at trading away good players for future potential. With Wemby interested in winning, I'm curious to see if this long-term plan sticks, or if some immediate improvements start to be made. Hopefully when the franchise player is begging for some help, and obviously trying to win games now, that his FO will respond. Otherwise his stint in SA could follow the way of Shaq's time in Orlando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea unlikely for sure. Topic or Collier will prob be our next PG. Not super thrilled about either prospect though personally tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only way this happens is if it's a 3-team deal. There's nobody on our roster (except Wemby and Devin) that the Hawks would want. They would have to find a tanking team that has a player the Hawks want and that team would re-route DJ to San Antonio for draft picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Schoeder off TOR's hands

Thread Information