Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Vrabel was a bad firing because he's always done more with less a-la Tomlin. He'll be a good HC somewhere else. Maybe in New England.

Carroll had it long time coming. He should have been fired for throwing on 2nd and goal from the 1 with the best RB in the league in his prime, but realistically probably around 2018 or 2019 when their defense got old and retired and Carroll not only couldn't replace them properly but couldn't pick up the slack despite a much improved offense from the glory years. He was way past his expiration date.

The real story is Nick Saban retiring. Bye Bye Bama baby!!!!!

Carroll was a damn good coach and that was a dumb firing

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    Carroll was a damn good coach and that was a dumb firing
    Coulda been arranged by both parties, MS. Carroll was still rolling (high & wide) with his act, but it had become not stale, but patently ineffective. One could imagine watching him labor as always that it was working, still. But the results were simply not there. But both obviously good people---ownership & him found a way for dignity to prevail all around.

I will miss him for the simple fact that he dominated the Arizona Cardinals regardless of overall record. I could always count on him twice a season. Now he's gone and I'm once & again vulnerable the same "twice a season."

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Sneaky Pete is 72 years old

Rams quickly rebounded and Cardinals closed strong. Seattle needs a new direction. Great story last season with Geno but it's the only team in the Division heading into next season with opening at QB

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    If Hawks strike out in off-season at QB then they need to give the starting job to Drew Lock. That can be his Last Chance U shot at being a starter in this league. If he bombs, then Seattle can draft higher in 2025 and go after their future QB

Coulda been arranged by both parties, MS. Carroll was still rolling (high & wide) with his act, but it had become not stale, but patently ineffective. One could imagine watching him labor as always that it was working, still. But the results were simply not there. But both obviously good people---ownership & him found a way for dignity to prevail all around.

I will miss him for the simple fact that he dominated the Arizona Cardinals regardless of overall record. I could always count on him twice a season. Now he's gone and I'm once & again vulnerable the same "twice a season."
    They don't have a franchise QB and this puts them 0% closer to getting one. That was their main problem

Thread Information