My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/2024-spurs-hawks-grades-39/

@ the forum bug that was almost the end of all of us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades, OP. Please don't give out any more F's, I think that is what took the site down.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I only recently joined so imagine the agony of realizing the site was in shambles after barely breaking 50 posts. haha

Thank you for the grades, Tim.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game taught me three things:

- The team has to realize that they can come back even from 35 points down. They can do it and they showed it against the Hawks. Despite the loss, this has to be a confidence boost to everyone.

- We made great strides in the past few weeks, what we're still lacking is execution in money time. That's a young team's problem and that is costing us so many Ws.

- If he can score 26 points in a half, Victor can absolutely have a 50 points game in his rookie year. That would be something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd call up Becky to see if we can trade Branham to the Aces tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp Plans on doing a mid-season recap? Grades are great but would like to get some new material before the site goes down again. Thanks bro, much love.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd call up Becky to see if we can trade Branham to the Aces tbh
    The Aces play defense - so not likely.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bet the server got a B

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bet the server got a B
    Authored some heady passes and moved with purpose. Energy was palpable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like I was being played.

Almost like this game was created to make POP look "tough" by sitting the starting lineup...and also to make Sochan look good in the first half, when NOBODY else looked good. Two issues that have been talked to death. Pop not coaching and Sochan being less than stellar...were addressed in one game. Almost like it was planned that way.

Basketball has changed so much in my time. that even the bizarre seems possible now. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades and welcome back. Had me worried there. Wesley, Sochan, and Wemby showed some umphh! Tre improved. Vassell and KJ have me concerned with their erratic playing. Obviously Wemby is in a class his own. I'm waiting with bated breath to see who we surround him with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell needs to be held to a higher standard, his contract demands it. Having two back to back games of complete uselessness cannot on any planet be accptable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A turnaround like that means some kind of coaching happen, which makes me happy.
    I truly have felt like Pop has just mailed it in (as far as trying to win games) the past few years.

But seeing the benching and the turnaround on the team was great to see. The coach did something and players responded. Wonderful, more of that please.

And man wemby is so fun to watch. I'm so glad hes on our team. A special player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like I was being played.

Almost like this game was created to make POP look "tough" by sitting the starting lineup...and also to make Sochan look good in the first half, when NOBODY else looked good. Two issues that have been talked to death. Pop not coaching and Sochan being less than stellar...were addressed in one game. Almost like it was planned that way.

Basketball has changed so much in my time. that even the bizarre seems possible now. lol
    Seriously man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp.

The benching was very Big 3-esque, without exception(s). Wemby embraced it as Timmy would, and the rest of the team followed. Again it shows Wemby as the true franchise player in maturity, the way he dominated after getting benched, was very cool. It seemed certain Wemby would have his worst game with zero in the 1st half, BUT finished with 26 points after less than a quarter?!! I could’ve sworn he had 10 blocks instead of 5, the way he kept on swatting Capela, like a kid in the park.

Sochan playing with fire and being effective on both sides of the court. I really don’t understand the hate from so called Spurs fans, when this guy just keeps on digging, relentlessly working hard to get better, despite the bashing he himself could read from these so-called fans. It’s nice to see Sochan playing well.

Likewise Wesley with his stellar defense. I first noticed when Pop put him on Ja, then Dame. Yesterday on Trae was not a fluke. Wesley hounded him with his full court pressure, even Reggie Miller was commenting and enjoying the defense. I’m really hoping Wesley could find that shooting, because Wesley could be a real good piece of tge rotation with his defense. I like Tre with him setting up Wemby, and his lob passes, but his defense (or lack of defense) against starting guards is noticeable. Wesley as a starter could be nice if he’s not a liability on offense.

Again it was a nice game to see Pop making players accountable and the players responding positively. Great stuff!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't know what the worse grade is but Keldon surely was there.

It's not only his production (or lack thereof) and his very poor stat line.

It's the timing with which he continued to kill any comeback attemp. That was crazy: any hype after a big play, or after getting real close, and it was an ill advised missed shot, a careless and/or stupid turnover or foul...... again and again and again.

this player, that i appreciate most of the time, can sure get hot and take fire but damn, this game, he was preserving Atlanta's win all by himself.... very frustrating to watch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game taught me three things:

- The team has to realize that they can come back even from 35 points down. They can do it and they showed it against the Hawks. Despite the loss, this has to be a confidence boost to everyone.

- We made great strides in the past few weeks, what we're still lacking is execution in money time. That's a young team's problem and that is costing us so many Ws.

- If he can score 26 points in a half, Victor can absolutely have a 50 points game in his rookie year. That would be something.
    Pop would bench him before he gets to 40

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Wesley Is Showing That The Team Should Gamble More On Drafting Players Who Have Exceptional Potential On Defense And Not Let Raw Offense Be A Deal Breaker. It Seems Like It’s Harder To Envision A Player Like Branham To Ever Gain Half The Defensive Ability Of Wesley Than It Is To Envision Wesley To Develop Some Kind Of Offensive Game.

Are you not entertained? Davidicus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing better in life than hearing Kevin Harlan yelling WEMBANYAMAAAAA. Sounds so nasty, heals my soul every time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy has taken a successful concept and is trying to run it into the ground. the sunglasses look, and the increasing overdramatic yelling. losing its effect imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bruh,

Move your servers away from Slovenia

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bless you for watching this whole game the first half was so bad I turned to something else and was surprised to see the final score so close. I wasn't going to watch a 40 point blowout on a vacation day and that is what it looked like it was heading towards.

Thread Information