Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It isn't though. Again, this is why we have it coming over and over again to the SCOTUS.

Alito miscalculated completely in Dobbs. He claimed this was a state issue now, and reality demonstrated he couldn't have been more wrong about it.
    ...so says El, thru CNN narration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try to keep up. There is a division between House Republicans and Senate Republicans. The majority of Senate Republicans support aid to Israel and Ukraine.
    What's going to happen with that is that Israel and Ukraine are still going to get their money and House republicans will not get their border policies, unless they take the deal on the table negotiated by Senators now.

The reality is that Democrats on the Senate have an incentive to negotiate now. After the election, if they lose the Senate, they won't and that'll be the end of any hardline border policy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what 60 senators are getting you the border/immigration package you want?
    none. The "5000 illegals a day COMPROMISE" is total bull . That's still over 1.8 million a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole border/immigration thing is entirely a GOP constructed drama though. I'm not surprised Texans here being worked up about it, but it really doesn't register.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none. The "5000 illegals a day COMPROMISE" is total bull . That's still over 1.8 million a year.
    you're acting like 1.8 million individuals a year are coming in to stay.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & everybody knows it. Another result, another excuse from Abortion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok cool, so thanks for confirming immigration should not factor in at all for you when it comes to voting for POTUS

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROFL the GOP screeching about illegal immigration when they never propose incarcerating the people who hire them and thus create the demand for it. ROFL the party of protecting the border being led by a guy who hires illegals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're acting like 1.8 million individuals a year are coming in to stay.
    We averaged 10,000 a day in December. And yeah if you don't think they are staying you are delusional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's probably more illegals coming via California anyways. Better for them too, they get healthcare, a democrat membership card, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROFL the GOP screeching about illegal immigration when they never propose incarcerating the people who hire them and thus create the demand for it. ROFL the party of protecting the border being led by a guy who hires illegals.
    TBH, his cow intestines certainties really convinced me CC is ducks level savvy so no need to argue any facts or points with him.
    Last edited by Ef-man; 01-17-2024 at 05:36 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We averaged 10,000 a day in December. And yeah if you don't think they are staying you are delusional.
    He ain't delusional, not by a jugful he ain't. He's parroting what both sides of the aisle is situating to keep (us) from complaining, or, mashing a panic button. It's the 4-corner stall from North Carolina NCAA basketball. Later than sooner you'll get what you want.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's probably more illegals coming via California anyways. Better for them too, they get healthcare, a democrat membership card, etc.
    Need those anchor babies in Texas, or at least Arizona tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shhhhhhh Thread, men are talking
    Please, if you turned the other way they'd bring down Trump with a single shot.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your claim is that every single border crossing by an undo ented migrant is an increase in the population of the United States by one.

ulative.

lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So your claim is that every single border crossing by an undo ented migrant is an increase in the population of the United States by one.

ulative.

lol
    See, he ain't delusional, not by a jugful he ain't. He's parroting what both sides of the aisle is situating to keep (us) from complaining, or, mashing a panic button. It's the 4-corner stall from North Carolina NCAA basketball. Later than sooner you'll get what you want.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Border issue = HOAX!

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    name literally any federal policy you want that is ever at issue during elections

and then tell me how you are getting 60 senators for it
    Time zone change to permanent DST got all 100/100 senators, from Bernie to Pocahontas to Chucky to Mitchy to Little Marco to Rand Paul to Josh Hawley, fwiw.

Try to keep up. There is a division between House Republicans and Senate Republicans. The majority of Senate Republicans support aid to Israel and Ukraine.
    Israel yes, Ukraine no

Name the 60 senators that would vote for it.

That's right.

You can't and they won't.

I'm pro choice but also a realist.
    Exactly.

You do realize the CA/Mexico border is roughly 1/10 the size of the TX/Mexico border, right?

It's not practical for most of them to cross through thousands of miles of desert just to cross into CA instead of TX.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but you cant name 60 senators who will get you what you want, so this shouldnt matter for you when it comes to deciding who to vote for

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Border issue = HOAX!
    He ain't delusional, not by a jugful he ain't. He's parroting what both sides of the aisle is situating to keep (us) from complaining, or, mashing a panic button. It's the 4-corner stall from North Carolina NCAA basketball. Later than sooner you'll get what you want.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    but you cant name 60 senators who will get you what you want, so this shouldnt matter for you when it comes to deciding who to vote for
    See, he too ain't delusional, not by a jugful he ain't. He's parroting what both sides of the aisle is situating to keep (us) from complaining, or, mashing a panic button. It's the 4-corner stall from North Carolina NCAA basketball. Later than sooner you'll get what you want.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if 2024 is best case scenario for Trump, the GOP could get close to that number, and then you're looking at trying to peel off votes from someone less establishment like Fetterman who might be down & might be able to drag Casey into doing the same

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until either side can get 60 votes in the senate it's not a federal issue.
    Certainly you know better than this. Regardless of whether a law could ever actually be passed on the federal level, the electorate doesn't think that way. Abortion is an issue on the ballot, because 1) voters think it is and 2) the candidates will play into that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Democrats would budge on border policy they could easily get 60 votes to aid Ukraine and Israel.
    You're better than this.

"We could get somewhere if the other side would just agree with me" is not some form of high-minded analysis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump loses pretty handedly if he is the nominee, especially after he is convicted of multiple felonies this summer.

Best hope for GOP to win the white house is for the 14th Amendment claims to be upheld and used widely before the GOP Convention, forcing them to another candidate. I believe this why you see Conservative Legal Scholars supporting the disqualification claim in amici: they know this is the best route to re-installing sanity into the party.

Thread Information