Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not poor drafting it is just hard to get a legit NBA player drafting mid to late. As far as Branham I hate letting picks go early but if you can’t play defense and you can’t be consistent on offense what is the reason to keep you. One thing that reminds me of Forbes is I can tell when he misses badly or does something stupid he lets that impact his game it drives me crazy when players pout when they miss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Crofl if true. S-tier beta male tendencies.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Crofl if true. S-tier beta male tendencies.
    Average American athlete

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham needs to stop passing at the FT line and take those midrange shots he’s not even attempting to play how he did in summer league while showing some scoring potential.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think spending the 3-4 weeks in the G League would do Branham a lot of good.
    It would do the Spurs even more good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would do the Spurs even more good
    Can we make it 6-8 weeks instead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not really that hard on players in their 2nd year, but almost all his stats are down from last season. In fact in the last 29 games of the 22/23 season Branham was averaging 14.1 PPG. Her averages 8.7 right now. Not only is he the worst defender in the league, but his 3-point shot is not good enough. If he could at least be a 3-point sniper with a midrange game, he'd have some value as a microwave scorer. Spurs shouldn't give up on him yet, but he's terrible right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone's trying too hard to make all these marginal players into something.

TBH, only Wemby is a legit NBA player...and he's a top-tier NBA player. The rest of the the Squad are really not. Sochan probably gets the most minutes and until that changes, Spurs ain't going nowhere fast. And Champagnie is starting?? How the F does that even happen?

And how did this Brian guy land the GM spot and start picking all of these lousy players? I mean, there's your problem right there. The Spurs reflect the Front office...and both suck. Blow it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TBH, only Wemby is a legit NBA player...and he's a top-tier NBA player. The rest of the the Squad are really not. Sochan probably gets the most minutes and until that changes, Spurs ain't going nowhere fast.

How did this Brian guy land the GM spot and start picking all of these lousy players? I mean, there's your problem right there.
    Same Exact Words Were Said About Our Previous Roster With Murray, White, Fathead, Lonnie Walker, Eubanks, Landale… And All Of These Players Became “Legit NBA Players” Elsewhere.

I’m Not Saying The Current Players Aren’t Playing Terribly, But This Notion How They Wouldn’t Be NBA Players Elsewhere Is Asinine And The Same Kind Of Narrative That Gets Proven Wrong Over Time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same Exact Words Were Said About Our Previous Roster With Murray, White, Fathead, Lonnie Walker, Eubanks, Landale… And All Of These Players Became “Legit NBA Players” Elsewhere.

I’m Not Saying The Current Players Aren’t Playing Terribly, But This Notion How They Wouldn’t Be NBA Players Elsewhere Is Asinine And The Same Kind Of Narrative That Gets Proven Wrong Over Time.
    Well, I haven't' watched the NBA since Duncan left, so haven't really kept up. Even had season tickets for a few years. So, I thought I'd just check in to see the new guy. How'd things change so fast? I remember a time when players came to the Spurs and excelled...when they couldn't elsewhere. Wtf happened? The whole NBA has changed and not for the better. I can't see myself sticking around for too much longer. But damn...Wemby really is fun to watch, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I haven't' watched the NBA since Duncan left, so haven't really kept up. Even had season tickets for a few years. So, I thought I'd just check in to see the new guy. How'd things change so fast? I remember a time when players came to the Spurs and excelled...when they couldn't elsewhere. Wtf happened? The whole NBA has changed and not for the better. I can't see myself sticking around for too much longer. But damn...Wemby really is fun to watch, lol.
    Different Strokes For Different Folks.
    We All Tune In For Different Reasons. There’s Nothing Wrong With Following The Spurs To Enjoy Their Favorite Player On The Team And Watching Them Only On An Occasional Basis. Some Here Are Around Because They Follow Every Rumor, Every News Update, Every GLeague Game Related To The Spurs— Not Everyone Has To Do That. Obviously Winning Makes Thing More Fun, But Being Able To Be A Fan While The Team Sucks Has Its Own Fulfillment Too. I Hope You Stick Around Even If It Isn’t On A Frequent Basis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What has changed is that rookies didn't even sniff significant time on the floor until their 3rd year. Then they were an afterthought to the other team that was trying to deal with Duncan, Parker and Manu. The goal of the team was much different than it is now. By necessity they are giving guys who really aren't ready significant minutes to expedite the culling process. At this point Malaki Please Spell My Name Right appears to be one that won't survive it unless something clicks for him soon.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to put him in the gym with Chris Matthews.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally his second year in the league. Y'all need to shoot yourselves in the head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And hopefully last, at least on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are in a rebuilding process. They are playing the youngest players in the NBA. Time and time again the Spurs have produced players like Dejounte, Derrick, CoJo, Kyle, George Hill, Eubanks, Bayne, Diop… but still we have the same ing. Geez, I would not go on a long-drive with many of you people… “are we there yet? are we there yet??” “It’s too hot in here, I need to go to the bathroom!!”… geez

It’s in Spurs’ benefit to play these guys much minute while they are rebuilding, get them as much NBA minutes. Play Graham instead, why? So we could get a SRP for him? I rather play our 2nd year draft picks Malaki and Blake and get them playing against NBA players and see what they got.

I notice Branham plays better with the ball and when he is expected to score, same as Lonnie before, but tends to disappear. He is not as athletic as Lonnie, but Malaki has better composure. His defense (or lack of) is a matter of getting stronger and getting more experience imo. Again, these kids are 20 years old. I have 501 jeans older than these kids. It takes a lot of patience. But while others whine and complain about the losses, I enjoy the individual plays, individual developments. Blake not too long ago was being castrated in this forum, but was real effective defending top tier guards, Trae, Dame, Ja. Sochan has improved his ballhandling so much and should get even better. Barlow has been rebounding well and able to knock down mid-range. I like the occassional W’s, but I also enjoy the individual development. Come next season, the Spurs will have a much stronger 2nd year Wemby, these guys would’ve also another year on their beltsjo. I expect the FO to bring in a quality vet(s) either through trade or FA. I’m sure Wemby would want to be much more compe ive next season. In the meantime, our young players are auditioning for their roles next to Wemby.

For now, chill and enjoy. The Spurs will be playing much better next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some fans are trying to be optimistic, and support the team, but you are correct, of course. The Spurs roster, overall, is rubbish. The quality of the coaching has been commensurate with the roster, also. Mostly rubbish, that is.

The team needs to acquire some serious NBA-quality firepower, somehow, from somewhere. The Spurs front office has shown an ability to do a good job getting rid of players, to tank. Can the FO do the reverse, getting players, to rebuild? Cross your fingers, hold your nose, and stay tuned.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

I don't care if they are NBA players elsewhere, just not here.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Some fans are trying to be optimistic, and support the team, but you are correct, of course. The Spurs roster, overall, is rubbish. The quality of the coaching has been commensurate with the roster, also. Mostly rubbish, that is.

The team needs to acquire some serious NBA-quality firepower, somehow, from somewhere. The Spurs front office has shown an ability to do a good job getting rid of players, to tank. Can the FO do the reverse, getting players, to rebuild? Cross your fingers, hold your nose, and stay tuned.
    Man that's a tough one. I think you could list the "serious NBA quality firepower" the Spurs have acquired throughout the past 30 years quite easily. But then they had the big 3 and Robinson. They just needed to add pieces but never needed a full compliment of "other players" besides their franchise guy. It should be an attractive prospect for NBA talent to play in SA. You can only get better, and MVPs and all those individual awards come in big improvement seasons often. Spurs also have a tendency to make only minor moves. We just need to see Victor playing more minutes and see improvement in his game. I wish the best for the others but they are all pawns.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yea...But there was sum type of potential with them...There is no pontetial with branham...Dude is good at nothing..Hes bad
    at everything...The only thing hes got going for him is his age...He dont belong in the nba,But obviously pop likes him and is
    one of his favorites.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham guarding the ballhandler

Ball screen

Screener's defender is in1990's-era drop coverage

"Make Lillard take a floater"

Branham's man is going downhill, unobstructed to the lane playing 2 on 1 against a big

I think most of the Spurs wings are pretty bad defenders, but I'll withhold judgement until the Spurs scheme on defense changes from "funnel everything to a backpedaling big, overhelp, pray the help is on time, and hope they don't see the obvious kick out for a practice three"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not poor drafting
    It's not "JUST" poor drafting - FIXED

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to be out of the league once his rookie contract ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we gotta have some churn boys

are we really not going to be able to draft another combo guard because we have to commit to giving branham the full 4 years of his rookie contract to be gifted minutes until he plays better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time Branham is mentioned all I think about is that one team picture where he was carrying a purse in public... just can't shake it lol.

Thread Information