Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Thank goodness we played the Lions. Any other team (even the Cowboys) wouldn’t have choked this hard. Now we get to face a Chiefs team who can’t score worth . Kyle gets his first win and Brock Purdy becomes Brock Lesnar and wins super bowl MVP

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Thank goodness we played the Lions. Any other team (even the Cowboys) wouldn’t have choked this hard. Now we get to face a Chiefs team who can’t score worth . Kyle gets his first win and Brock Purdy becomes Brock Lesnar and wins super bowl MVP
    Chiefs are the Niners' worst matchup unfortunately. Niners seem to have the devils luck right now but they got a lot to clean up; also gotta hope CMC will be alright.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Campbell needs to go tonight, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Nah, not after this season. If Gibbs doesn't fumble deep in Niner territory Lions are heading to the SB tbh.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Nah, not after this season. If Gibbs doesn't fumble deep in Niner territory Lions are heading to the SB tbh.
    Or if Campbell doesn't gamble like a lunatic. Niners only score a FG after halftime and your response is to...not go for a FG to maintain a 2 score game? The second 4th down gamble was ridiculous so let's just skip that.

This game was textbook why coaches can lose games (and players often win them).

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Or if Campbell doesn't gamble like a lunatic. Niners only score a FG after halftime and your response is to...not go for a FG to maintain a 2 score game? The second 4th down gamble was ridiculous so let's just skip that.

This game was textbook why coaches can lose games (and players often win them).
    Eh, at that point the Niners couldn't stop the run at all. Mistake was passing it instead of running it with Montgomery. Agreed on the second one, but they've been aggressive on 4th down all year.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He just coached the Lions to their most successful season in decades

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Early drunken SB prediction:

Chiefs 24
    Niners 30

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Can’t even deny this one trying to give Mahomes a participation trophy to catch up to the GOAT.
    He's G.O.A.T. herding. Get it?

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    told you a week ago in the other thread that Lions got this

Post Count
    Most people outside of Michigan didn’t pay much attention to the Lions this season despite their record. But that’s how Dan Campbell coached all season long. It’s part of what made the Lions who they were, super aggressive on 4th down even when analytics were iffy on it. And it’s a big part of their overall success. That’s Dan Campbell’s approach and personality. And Badgley is not automatic at 47 yards. I’m not saying he was right making those calls, especially turning down that game tying FGA. But that’s who he is. If Badgley misses the game tying FG, I think Campbell probably loses more sleep than he does now over going for it.

Also, as already pointed out, Reynolds should have caught the ball. If Campbell calls the game the same way but Reynolds catches the ball and/or Gibbs doesn’t fumble, Lions win. Three plays in the second half decided the game. Reynolds not making that 4th down catch, the Aiyuk catch off the DB’s helmet, and the Gibbs fumble.

I’m not a Lions fan, but I grew up in Detroit. This franchise has been utter balls for three decades. What Campbell has done in just a couple of years has been nothing short of a miracle. You can criticize his decisions. But no way should he lose his job.

Mahomes gets his 3rd and on pace to become the GOAT,,,,

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    X-factors gonna be Omenihu and Ward imo.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    LFG !

. Another week, another comeback. Lions probably regret abandoning the run after the fumble.

Bottomline: the Dline stepped up in the 2nd Half. The push up the middle by our DT's disrupted numerous plays especially 4th Down.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    SF should’ve lost last two weeks.
    KC likely will not give it away

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    really wish the Ravens had won now. That being said, Niners know this Chiefs team more than the Chiefs know this Niners team.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    really wish the Ravens had won now. That being said, Niners know this Chiefs team more than the Chiefs know this Niners team.
    On paper we are alot more talented than 2019 and they lost pieces like Hill, Clark and Matteui. It seems they have reloaded well on Defense.

If 49ers put 4 quarters together and Moody doesn't boot a kick, we will win.

Scheme wise, Reid crossing routes versus Wilks. Yikes.

We'll get deeper into the matchup during lead up.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    On paper we are alot more talented than 2019 and they lost pieces like Hill, Clark and Matteui. It seems they have reloaded well on Defense.

If 49ers put 4 quarters together and Moody doesn't boot a kick, we will win.

Scheme wise, Reid crossing routes versus Wilks. Yikes.

We'll get deeper into the matchup during lead up.
    Don't wanna get too deep into it while drinking, but the more I look at it the more I question how the Chiefs defend the Niners. Sneed can guard Aiyuk or Deebo but not both. Jones will be a problem but he's a better defender against the run which puts him at odds with the Williams/CMC combo. Purdy is also dominant against blitzes which the Chiefs like to run. If Purdy continues to remember he can run the ball it also bodes well.

That being said, Reid is gonna have a field day against Wilks' defense. They can't defend against TEs and Kelce is easily the best they've seen this season. Pacheco is also the best RB they've seen this season (albeit Jones was close).

If the Chiefs get a case of the dropsies again the Niners can dominant but that's asking too much. Doesn't even get into Mahomes' maneuverability, where the Niners struggle the most.

Too much to analyze right now.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    there's also det Chiefs olineman that DAF86 hates but his name escapes me rn

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Oh Johnny I apologize I forgot you were there. You may go now.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Don't wanna get too deep into it while drinking, but the more I look at it the more I question how the Chiefs defend the Niners. Sneed can guard Aiyuk or Deebo but not both. Jones will be a problem but he's a better defender against the run which puts him at odds with the Williams/CMC combo. Purdy is also dominant against blitzes which the Chiefs like to run. If Purdy continues to remember he can run the ball it also bodes well.

That being said, Reid is gonna have a field day against Wilks' defense. They can't defend against TEs and Kelce is easily the best they've seen this season. Pacheco is also the best RB they've seen this season (albeit Jones was close).

If the Chiefs get a case of the dropsies again the Niners can dominant but that's asking too much. Doesn't even get into Mahomes' maneuverability, where the Niners struggle the most.

Too much to analyze right now.

Completely agree. Atleast for the next few days we celebrate and reflect back on the NFC Playoffs/#1 seed regular season.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    X-factors gonna be Omenihu and Ward imo.
    Forgot about Hargrave tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    In 2019 they played as young & upcoming teams

In 2024 they meet again with Chiefs 2x Champs

Sports rarely offers you the chance for redemption

Thread Information