My Team
    Detroit Lions
    Post Count
    it hurts tbh...

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    it hurts tbh...
    As expected Lions lined up and punched us in the mouth.

We probably lose @ Detroit. But we earned the #1 seed. See you next year.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    it hurts tbh...
    You reverted. Everything that could go wrong via your fault, or their's went wrong, like the old days. It was a 50-foot tidal wave like in that movie -The Poseidon Adventure-. Your coach got harried and you forgot who/what brung ya. The clock went berserk as it's apt to do in such situation and by the end your team just wanted the nightmare to end and go back home. You'll be back, but, Bra; it will never be like it was ever again.

Do what Jimmy Dean directs ya to do outta his big hit...-Big Bad John-..."With jacks and timbers they started back down." Your Lions need to do that. It don't have to end like in the song. No. Go on, grab some jacks and timbers and start back down.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    You reverted. Everything that could go wrong via your fault, or their's went wrong, like the old days. It was a 50-foot tidal wave like in that movie -The Poseidon Adventure-. Your coach got harried and you forgot who/what brung ya. The clock went berserk as it's apt to do in such situation and by the end your team just wanted the nightmare to end and go back home. You'll be back, but, Bra; it will never be like it was ever again.

Do what Jimmy Dean directs ya to do outta his big hit...-Big Bad John-..."With jacks and timbers they started back down." Your Lions need to do that. It don't have to end like in the song. No. Go on, grab some jacks and timbers and start back down.
    Green Bay gonna have something to say about the Lions

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not to be meanie

But you gotta climb the NFC ladder. Rams & Eagles will be back

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    there's also det Chiefs olineman that DAF86 hates but his name escapes me rn
    Jawaan Taylor. He's actually decent when he isn't getting called for 10 thousand penalties in a quarter, tbh.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Most people outside of Michigan didn’t pay much attention to the Lions this season despite their record. But that’s how Dan Campbell coached all season long. It’s part of what made the Lions who they were, super aggressive on 4th down even when analytics were iffy on it. And it’s a big part of their overall success. That’s Dan Campbell’s approach and personality. And Badgley is not automatic at 47 yards. I’m not saying he was right making those calls, especially turning down that game tying FGA. But that’s who he is. If Badgley misses the game tying FG, I think Campbell probably loses more sleep than he does now over going for it.

Also, as already pointed out, Reynolds should have caught the ball. If Campbell calls the game the same way but Reynolds catches the ball and/or Gibbs doesn’t fumble, Lions win. Three plays in the second half decided the game. Reynolds not making that 4th down catch, the Aiyuk catch off the DB’s helmet, and the Gibbs fumble.

I’m not a Lions fan, but I grew up in Detroit. This franchise has been utter balls for three decades. What Campbell has done in just a couple of years has been nothing short of a miracle. You can criticize his decisions. But no way should he lose his job.
    Sorry, but no. You kick that FG in the third quarter and you win the game, simple as that. I don't care how you got there, the 4th game of the regular season isn't the same as the conference final. Going for it instead of kicking a FG to go 3 possessions up with a quarter and a half to go isn't the same as going for it in the first quarter with the game tied. Campbell lost that game with unnecessary, useless, downright moronic decisions. A FG at that point of the game is basically as good as a TD. There was absolutely no need to risk it on 4th and 2.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    it hurts tbh...
    Did I mention Lion were going to win that game?

Ah yes I did

Sorry bruh

Post Count
    The old days, who was that TE, Marv Fleming? I loved the old days, GA, and those Packer rosters...the names went on & on; Leroy Caffey, Fuzzy Thurston, those Gold Dust Twins, Hornung and his imbroglio, we never could quite get a clear picture of it. I miss those days terribly.

Obvious pass interference

Investigation Demanded for NFL Chiefs-Ravens Officiating Crew (msn.com) Ya I'm sure Goodel and the owners will be right on it.

Ravens had their chances.
    But his would have made for an interesting last part of the 4th qtr.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    The old days, who was that TE, Marv Fleming? I loved the old days, GA, and those Packer rosters...the names went on & on; Leroy Caffey, Fuzzy Thurston, those Gold Dust Twins, Hornung and his imbroglio, we never could quite get a clear picture of it. I miss those days terribly.
    Skoronsky, Thurston, Ringo, Kramer, Gregg, Fleming, Dowler, Dale, McGee, Hourning , Taylor and Starr

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Skoronsky, Thurston, Ringo, Kramer, Gregg, Fleming, Dowler, Dale, McGee, Hourning , Taylor and Starr
    Coffey, Nitchezke, Robinson, Kostelnick, Jorden, Davis, Aldredige , Adderly,Jeter, Wood, Hart
    Kicker was Chandler

Bowman instead of Ringo

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count

Investigation Demanded for NFL Chiefs-Ravens Officiating Crew (msn.com) Ya I'm sure Goodel and the owners will be right on it.

Before that there was a blatant tripping on Chris Jones inside the Ravens' endzone that the refs missed. It would have been a safety and game over.

Post Count
    Sorry, but no. You kick that FG in the third quarter and you win the game, simple as that. I don't care how you got there, the 4th game of the regular season isn't the same as the conference final. Going for it instead of kicking a FG to go 3 possessions up with a quarter and a half to go isn't the same as going for it in the first quarter with the game tied. Campbell lost that game with unnecessary, useless, downright moronic decisions. A FG at that point of the game is basically as good as a TD. There was absolutely no need to risk it on 4th and 2.
    DAF

That was the bitter truth.

& this (((going for it))) business is like a sickness...one starts with it and it spreads. The Cardinals here ed around doing that time & again and it blew it up in their faces.

Post Count
    The names, the names, the names.

Sure, and the age old Ringo story with Lombardi...Brings his agent (for the first time) to contract negotiations..."Excuse me gentlemen, just for a moment."...comes back a few short minutes later..."No need, gentlemen, you've been traded."

Post Count
    Unbelievable. Makes me feel wonderful of a Monday, to see them in print, and to say them aloud here at the house.

Post Count

But that crew, Black referee led (out of a dictate from New York) tried with much aplomb to get both sides to settle down early and get lost into the game, so, it wouldn't end up in a full scale riot, but by the bitter end that riot came dangerously close...Chiefs had succeeded in luring the Ravens into embarrassing fouls, especially Swift's boyfriend with a shameless lure that no American man could let stand unpunished. That , I didn't think he had it in him, but he did.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Basically this:

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Mid 3rd Quarter. 49ers only cut the lead by 3. Lions should have kicked and bunkered.

But I'll always respect the Lions for that ballsy performance. They walked in our house, lined up and just punched us in the mouth for a half.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

Great throw into triple coverage tho

Great throw into triple coverage tho
    I know.
    Too bad CheifRef ruined it.

Before that there was a blatant tripping on Chris Jones inside the Ravens' endzone that the refs missed. It would have been a safety and game over.
    Psssh. Incidental love tap on incoming rhino.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I know.
    Too bad CheifRef ruined it

Thread Information