My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop needs to alter his smoochy smoochy ass kissing relationship with Kerr.
    For that matter the entire NBA needs to call their cheap out.

Disgusting.
    Watch what Kuminga does to Embiid.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=39426742

Direct to video link:
    https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=39426742

Sixers' Joel Embiid has injury to lateral meniscus in left knee - ESPN

Post Count
    well the 65 game rule is probably one and done. lol at the NBA pretending the problem is players resting and not the fact that an 82 game season oversaturates the product so nobody ends up caring until the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That could be a serious injury requiring surgery. Had it myself. Out for a year. It's probably torn and surgery is the only way to really fix it. If they try to have him play on it, could do worse damage. We'll see. MRI should show everything I think. Knees are weak point on most people, especially big guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well the 65 game rule is probably one and done. lol at the NBA pretending the problem is players resting and not the fact that an 82 game season oversaturates the product so nobody ends up caring until the playoffs.
    The 65 rule actually stops multiple players going under. Think of it like this. Before the rule, imagine you're top 5 in odds but just too far from the top 2 to actually win it. It won't matter if you play 70 and they play 60. So by you resting makes no difference to the mvp standings. But how the top 2 are out and the race is on. If you have a good run in the last 20 games, you could be the mvp. So there is an insentive by you to keep playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should get rid of the 65 game rule and replace it with a rule that you only get paid for the games you play. Make exceptions and pay them for missed games only for injuries that take you out for 3 games or longer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should get rid of the 65 game rule and replace it with a rule that you only get paid for the games you play. Make exceptions and pay them for missed games only for injuries that take you out for 3 games or longer.
    That rule wouldn't make a difference among stars since the star players endorsement money would make up for the money, they lose from not playing those games.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Embiid out it really should be a two man race between SGA and Jokic for MVP, but I bet the media gives it to Tatum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That rule wouldn't make a difference among stars since the star players endorsement money would make up for the money, they lose from not playing those games.
    I disagree, star players make around 400k per game so that's a decent sized fine for star level players. That's a good paycheck for 20-40 minutes of work... Even if they have decent endorsement deals it wouldn't be smart to just throw significant cash away for only a few minutes of rest. They would play more games for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the bright side maybe this opens up an injury reserve spot for Wemby at the Allstars game!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the bright side maybe this opens up an injury reserve spot for Wemby at the Allstars game!
    If the Spurs were in the East, Wemby would probably already have a spot on the All-Star team.

I still think the conferences need to disappear. Just name the 24 best players to the All-Star teams and seed the playoffs 1-16.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This play could happen in the 1st game, the 40th game, or the 82nd game. No reason to shorten the season because of this and it was a loose ball. I didn't see any cheap shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see anything dirty on that play
    Just a typical scramble on the ground for a loose ball
    It is one of the rare plays in basketball where fouls are almost never called

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Segun would probably be closer than Vic.

Not gonna happen but NBA needs to cut 16 games from the RS. Each team play other teams twice (home and away), except for division rivals who play each others other 4 times, that's 66 games for you with no B2Bs or 3GI4Ns.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All-NBA teams since 2000 and players that made them with less than 65 games. Percentage based for lockout and covid.
    Just look at the past three seasons, it's most definitely an issue in the modern NBA.

Then the players start complaining about money being taken away from them, but all-NBA bonuses are only for players that have massive contracts already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This play could happen in the 1st game, the 40th game, or the 82nd game. No reason to shorten the season because of this and it was a loose ball. I didn't see any cheap shot.
    I don’t see anything dirty on that play
    Just a typical scramble on the ground for a loose ball
    It is one of the rare plays in basketball where fouls are almost never called
    Kuminga pauses, sizes up the situation then flips over and leads with his hip and all while planting his entire body weight directly onto Embiids leg / knee.

It was cheap as phuck.
    Had he really been wanting to just tie up the ball he could have just reached in head first.

Should have been a jump ball btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is absolutely nothing dirty about that play.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think deleting the warriors franchise is a good solution tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree, star players make around 400k per game so that's a decent sized fine for star level players. That's a good paycheck for 20-40 minutes of work... Even if they have decent endorsement deals it wouldn't be smart to just throw significant cash away for only a few minutes of rest. They would play more games for sure.
    If a player is getting at least 10 million from endorsement deals per years than losing 400K per game doesn't mean much for them since the endorsement money will make up for it. In most case if they guy is a superstar, he's probably getting at least 20-30 mil per year from endorsements. Look at Zion this guy has lost a lot of money by being out of shape that he had to sign an extension with the Pelicans that wasn't fully guaranteed. Even with it not being fully guaranteed he still has a deal with Nike that is over 75 million dollars. The amount of money these guys get from endorsements is astronomical that they don't care about giving up money.

Granted this wasn't about endorsements but look at Kawhi not wanting to sign the super max with the Spurs or signing the max with the Raptors that would have paid him even more for his career. He probably missed out on 70-80 million extra dollars, but it doesn't matter since he's still getting a lot of money. The total amount he's going to make with his tenure with the Clippers is 300 million plus. If he had signed the original super max with the Spurs, he probably would have been scheduled to make over 400 million plus career earnings because it would have put him on that trajectory. With that being said I don't think Kawhi cares that he missed out on nearly an extra 100 mil. He's already filthy rich with what he's getting.

With that being said these players get paid too much when you combine their basketball money with endorsements that they are willing to throw around and lose money to live the lifestyle they live even if that means missing games that would cost them money. This is why I don't believe that your proposed rule would work on star players. Now when it comes to mid-tier players and role players it would work but fans don't pay to see these players. They pay to see the stars and the people at home watch the game to see the stars and not role players. Heck the other day I was going to watch Sixers vs Nuggets but the moment I heard Embiid wasn't playing I changed the channel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is absolutely nothing dirty about that play.
    your fat, uncoordinated ass tries some dirty like that on me you'll get a response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirty play by Kiminga
    He is a dirty player and tough
    He lines up Embid and shifted his weight to try to inflict injury
    I still remember when Kiminga concussed Poertl and Landale in one day

I make love to pressure. CapitalEmm's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embid does his flopping, rolling into knees bull all the time so I can’t say I feel bad for him when he’s on the receiving end of it.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Karma for playing to get 70 up like 30 late in the 4th. Also Karma Luka on it just a few days later.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    your fat, uncoordinated ass tries some dirty like that on me you'll get a response.
    response, like what exactly? Another thread?

Thread Information