Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worth a shot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is southernfryd,who can’t help himself from starting these cookie cutter fill in the player name thread, the most useless poster on ST?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's actually been playing pretty good defense as of late.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's actually been playing pretty good defense as of late.
    Not nearly enough to justify his minutes, nevertheless starting position... He is an average defender that can't shoot well enough to stop the paint from being clogged when anyone gets the ball in space... Horrible passer... Low IQ, and can't drive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not nearly enough to justify his minutes, nevertheless starting position... He is an average defender that can't shoot well enough to stop the paint from being clogged when anyone gets the ball in space... Horrible passer... Low IQ, and can't drive
    I mean, he's not Branham levels of useless but I'm also not justifying him starting. Just looking at one positive in a team lacking in depth and quality.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's a player thrust into a role that is beyond him. He could be useful in a few years as an affordable bench 9-10th man once the team finally finds an iden y. I'm not saying he's good but he's not horrible and is still probably a better option than McD at least for defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean he’s getting paid 3 million this year, which is the going rate for a deep bench player. You want to call out anyone for underperforming this year it should probably be Collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has g league talent for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is southernfryd,who can’t help himself from starting these cookie cutter fill in the player name thread, the most useless poster on ST?
    Yes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he's not Branham levels of useless but I'm also not justifying him starting. Just looking at one positive in a team lacking in depth and quality.
    He is so bad, I think we would be a better team if Doug started in his place... He isn't much worse of a defender, and a MUCH bigger shooting threat to the point where even if he isn't scoring, he absolutely creates enough space for Wemby and others to drive to the basket... Almost all of our posessions currently where anyone drives, or Wemby posts up, there's at least 3 defenders in the paint because they have zero respect for the person they're guarding

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's a player thrust into a role that is beyond him. He could be useful in a few years as an affordable bench 9-10th man once the team finally finds an iden y. I'm not saying he's good but he's not horrible and is still probably a better option than McD at least for defense.
    You overrated his defense... He and Doug are very similar defensively, except Doug actually spaces the floor...

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    like all players, given enough minutes he will do some positive stuff here and there. but overall he sucks, he is not an NBA level player and he starts for us for s sake the sniffers will tell you otherwise because he makes a couple solid plays once every 5-6 games but the reality is this dude wouldnt get minutes on 29 other teams, let alone start for them. he starts out of necessity because our roster overall is trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our roster is generally terrible, so why not start at least 11 of these threads? I’m saddened by your lack of dedication to the cause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, he's probably the least talented starter in the league, so there's that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is so bad, I think we would be a better team if Doug started in his place... He isn't much worse of a defender, and a MUCH bigger shooting threat to the point where even if he isn't scoring, he absolutely creates enough space for Wemby and others to drive to the basket... Almost all of our posessions currently where anyone drives, or Wemby posts up, there's at least 3 defenders in the paint because they have zero respect for the person they're guarding
    Nothing in this post is true. Doug is worse than Branham on defense, and has to be pulled if he’s not shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11024566[/URL]]He has g league talent for sure
    He dominates G Leaguers, he’s a fringe rotational NBA players. He’s still very young, I don’t mind this project player since his defense is solid, it Branham’s lack of defense which bothers me more, he’s only going to worse as he ages if that’s possible.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing in this post is true. Doug is worse than Branham on defense, and has to be pulled if he’s not shooting.
    No he isn't. Branham lets his man shoot over 55% against him. McDermott is bad defensively but at least he can shoot. Branham is a waste and the only thing he does not poorly is FT shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For 3 million a year no. Anything positive we get out of him great. Collins on the other hand pound for pound probably the worst given his contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    longtime Spurs fans should know that this is just another "let me see which scrub I can start, so I can look like a genius" move by Popovich. We've seen this with Matt Bonner, Bryn Forbes, Trey Lyles, Rasho Nesterovic and countless others. At least he's better than Branham.
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 02-04-2024 at 03:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Champagnie is overperforming. He would need to be a lock-down defender like Danny Green to be in the starting line-up in a contender team. Lately he’s shown great strides, has had opportunistic blocks, able to stay in front of his guy. Already he can be a good role player, but he’s starting now because Spurs current team is depleted.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    longtime Spurs fans should know that this is just another "let me see which scrub I can start, so I can look like a genius" move by Popovich. We've seen this with Matt Bonner, Bryn Forbes, Trey Lyles, Rasho Nesterovic and countless others. At least he's better than Barnham.
    Barnham. Not sure if typo or not but it works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Champagnie is a very good reclamation project. Again he needs to be a lock-down defender like Danny Green to be in the starting line-up. But already he is worth the contract as a back-up SG/SF at the least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays 20 mpg. He's just in there to stagger KJ's minutes and allow KJ to be in more line-ups where his "put my head down and go get mine" style isn't as detrimental.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Branham getting Champ's minutes. Need to see if Branham can get out of his poor play. Champ will never amount to anything anyways. He doesn't have any upside.

Spurs burned a first round pick on Branham so just keep playing him to see if he shows anything, the season is lost anyways. Wesley has improved and many were ready to give up on him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Branham getting Champ's minutes. Need to see if Branham can get out of his poor play. Champ will never amount to anything anyways. He doesn't have any upside.

Spurs burned a first round pick on Branham so just keep playing him to see if he shows anything, the season is lost anyways. Wesley has improved and many were ready to give up on him.
    Branham needs to earn his way back.

I get that it’s not entirely his fault since he played too much last year instead of playing in the gleague but honestly it’s still on him to figure it out.

Champagnie as a starter appears to be a placeholder for whoever the Spurs draft.

Thread Information