Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to a player suffering from epilepsy during the game.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Up next: Is it the shooooooes? He's on FIRE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of all these gimmicks, the NBA should just adopt the raising challenge format of teams playing short matches in a mini-tournament.

4 teams of 6 players (24 all-stars), play semis, a third place game and a final of 10/12 minutes (4 quarters). This would keep the viewers and, most importantly, the players engaged throughout. Less chances for a blowout, more meaningful minutes being played. Is it just me or does this sound like a great idea?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks interesting but not enough to watch this garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're going back to the traditional East vs. West teams, and the traditional scoring format as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're going back to the traditional East vs. West teams, and the traditional scoring format as well.
    good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to a player suffering from epilepsy during the game.
    Up next: Is it the shooooooes? He's on FIRE!

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Instead of all these gimmicks, the NBA should just adopt the raising challenge format of teams playing short matches in a mini-tournament.

4 teams of 6 players (24 all-stars), play semis, a third place game and a final of 10/12 minutes (4 quarters). This would keep the viewers and, most importantly, the players engaged throughout. Less chances for a blowout, more meaningful minutes being played. Is it just me or does this sound like a great idea?
    The dunk award should be for in game dunks. 3pt shooting contest should be last year's winner vs whomever climbs out of the bracket. There should be a random audience member in the 3pt shooting contest. The skills challenge should be abandoned. They are NBA players, it's assumed they have skills. The AS games themselves should be just players being safe and not trying too hard to win. There should be no MVP of the all star game, since it's not really a game and that would stop try hards from taking it too seriously.

Honestly, stop pretending the AS game itself needs to have importance. Stop using AS game MVP as a real accolade.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine this format for the 3 point shootout:

• Allow anyone to send in a video of them doing their own three point shootout. Ball must stay in the frame at all times, etc. Anyone who can prove a score of, let's say, 20 gets invited to a regional compe ion.
    • Have 16 regional compe ions where every player does the contest once. Play down until there is a winner.
    • Send the 16 regional champions to one location, probably NYC, and on live TV whittle it down to a single champ.
    • That champ gets a spot in the 3 point shootout at All-Star weekend.

You want popularity? This would draw thousands and thousands of compe ors, and the programming it provides to the league can be sold to much more than offset the cost of running the regional compe ions and flying the winners out to NYC for the final. Not to mention the insane buzz it would cause. If you got the skills, you have a shot at the le.

I can understand that argument that this is a bad idea because the NBA All-Star weekend should be only NBA players, and I guess stretch that definition to include G-League players. Fine. In that case just have the 16-regional-champ tournament be just before the real 3 point shootout. Extra content isn't going to hurt.

Thread Information