Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1683
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just making the point that guard is the easiest position to get good players. With patience you will end up with a good one without having to overpay for an extremely expensive and flawed one.

fair enough

i dont see trae young as an overspend and also vw would appreciate that the spurs are going out of their comfort zone to get him some real help- real soon

vw would be perfect to cover up most of trae’s “alleged” defensive weaknesses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just making the point that guard is the easiest position to get good players. With patience you will end up with a good one without having to overpay for an extremely expensive and flawed one.

Sure you can have decent guards for reasonable prices but not the ones you'll contend with...What about the talented playmakers who can drive, shoot and create spurs need? ow many contenders or PO team do have a good PG/guard who really make a diffrence they got for cheap or they didn't have to make a signifcant effort for?

MIL ed for Dame, OKC traded for SGA, NY traded for Brunson. BOS traded for White, ATL traded for Murray. NJ, PHI and Clips traded for Harden, MIA tried to trade for Dame, DAL traded for Irving, Suns traded for Beal, HOU gave 80/2 to Fred Van Vleet, MIN got Conley for reasonable price but they're not ringing with him as PG.

You can always draft it, but that's really not a given and spurs badly need it to help Victor.
    Last edited by JPB; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fair enough

i dont see trae young as an overspend and also vw would appreciate that the spurs are going out of their comfort zone to get him some real help- real soon

vw would be perfect to cover up most of trae’s “alleged” defensive weaknesses
    I think it’s you would appreciate the spurs go out of the comfort zone. Nobody here knows wemby, let alone what he appreciates and not appreciate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure you can have decent guards for reasonable prices but not the ones you'll contend with...What about the talented playmakers who can drive, shoot and create spurs need? ow many contenders or PO team do have a good PG/guard who really make a diffrence they got for cheap or they didn't have to make a signifcant effort for?

MIL ed for Dame, OKC traded for SGA, NY traded for Brunson. BOS traded for White, ATL traded for Murray. NJ, PHI and Clips traded for Harden, MIA tried to trade for Dame, DAL traded for Irving, Suns traded for Beal, HOU gave 80/2 to Fred Van Vleet, MIN got Conley for reasonable price but they're not ringing with him as PG.

You can always draft it, but that's really not a given and spurs badly need it to help Victor.
    Fact that so many teams traded for PG means many teams traded away PGs. In all the scenarios there PGs were traded the teams that traded for them went no where with them and the teams that traded them away went nowhere with them.

Also, white is not a superstar PG. neither is Conley and I would argue van fleet too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s you would appreciate the spurs go out of the comfort zone. Nobody here knows wemby, let alone what he appreciates and not appreciate.
    We do know wemby wants to win now.
    We do know he hates losing.
    We do know wemby is surrounded by utter garbage - and not one of his teammates plays defense - so Trae young would absolutely not worsen their horrible defense....it is impossible to be worse.

We do know Trae young would make up for his defense with OFFENSE and ASSISTS and would give wemby much needed help.

We are beginning to learn that most fans here got really comfortable with losing and sucking and "future planning" and place this "future dream roster" above winning games.

We will soon learn how patient wemby really is- I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The utter failure of Bradley Beal for Phoenix is what Trae Young is. At least he's not quite as expensive and doesn't have a no-trade clause, but both require the ball in their hands and suck in the playoffs. Whoever trades for Young will get an albatross.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The utter failure of Bradley Beal for Phoenix is what Trae Young is. At least he's not quite as expensive and doesn't have a no-trade clause, but both require the ball in their hands and suck in the playoffs. Whoever trades for Young will get an albatross.
    Do you just wake up and randomly decide on which bad takes to post?
    Idk where to even begin.

1. Beal missed like half the season and is obviously not healthy.
    2. He's a horrible fit with that team, neither him nor Booker are point guards.
    3. He was always a great off the ball player while Wizards were good, but for some reason you think he requires the ball.
    4. Trae achieved way more in him in the playoffs. Stats and game to game analysis were posted in here multiple times.
    5. Trae will earn 10 million less per year and is 5 years younger.
    6. Noone is saying Trae is a superstar or would be a guaranteed success here, but his contract for the next season is less than Keldon+Collins+Tre will get. I'm sure that if you swap Trae with those three, we get way more wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yet…”no defense” “liability” is the excuse even tho we have the worst garbage defensive players in the nba already
    but trae youngs defense is the concern

geniuses!

Understanding that the D without Wemby is terrible is exactly the reason why the Spurs shouldn't pursue Trae.... the last thing this team needs is a high salaried player who limits future flexibility while also making a terrible defensive team somehow worse on defense. Trae is a worse defender than Tre Jones or Keldon or Cedi Osman-- why on earth would you want to make this team worse defensively than it already is?
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:14 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Understanding that the D without Wemby is terrible is exactly the reason why the Spurs shouldn't pursue Trae.... the last thing this team needs is high salaried player who limits future flexibility while also making a terrible defensive team somehow worse on defense. Trae is a worse defender than Tre Jones or Keldon or Cedi Osman-- why on earth would you want to make this team worse defensively than it already is?
    Ridiculous.

If the spurs had 1 or 2 all stars OTHER than wemby - your argument would fly. Of course if the spurs already had two other stars - then going after trae would not be advisable.

Branham, vassell, wesley, et al

are some of the worst - defensive -players in the nba and you are worried about trae youngs faults?

It just does not calculate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you just wake up and randomly decide on which bad takes to post?
    Idk where to even begin.

1. Beal missed like half the season and is obviously not healthy.
    2. He's a horrible fit with that team, neither him nor Booker are point guards.
    3. He was always a great off the ball player while Wizards were good, but for some reason you think he requires the ball.
    4. Trae achieved way more in him in the playoffs. Stats and game to game analysis were posted in here multiple times.
    5. Trae will earn 10 million less per year and is 5 years younger.
    6. Noone is saying Trae is a superstar or would be a guaranteed success here, but his contract for the next season is less than Keldon+Collins+Tre will get. I'm sure that if you swap Trae with those three, we get way more wins.
    Trae doesn't win games. Period. Get off the little man's . Just watching him in the play in was excruciating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst fanning the flames again... I mean Trae fits the description of what Windhorst is saying, star player that realizes he cant win it alone, middle career, has shown interest to play with wemby already...

Spurs are trying to hide it with the local media saying no, no Trae is a terrible match with Wemby, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    windy doesnt seem to be reporting on any specific intel. he's clearly speculating. he's not attributing to any sources or w/e, he just says he feels like some stars will see SA as a destination

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae doesn't win games. Period. Get off the little man's . Just watching him in the play in was excruciating.
    He wins more games than scubs we have on our roster.
    You saying that Beal needs the ball just shows you're completely clueless about what's going on around the league. Their entire problem on offense is that neither him nor Booker are good with the ball or want it.
    They're executioners, not playmakers. Whether he's good enough of an executioner is up for debate, he's definitely not worth his contract, but you don't even know the type of player he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    windy doesnt seem to be reporting on any specific intel. he's clearly speculating. he's not attributing to any sources or w/e, he just says he feels like some stars will see SA as a destination
    Yeah I get that, it's just with Finger saying "don't bet on Spurs getting Trae Young" or that he isn't a fit next to Wemby seems like such an obvious misdirection tactic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do know wemby wants to win now.
    We do know he hates losing.
    We do know wemby is surrounded by utter garbage - and not one of his teammates plays defense - so Trae young would absolutely not worsen their horrible defense....it is impossible to be worse.

We do know Trae young would make up for his defense with OFFENSE and ASSISTS and would give wemby much needed help.

We are beginning to learn that most fans here got really comfortable with losing and sucking and "future planning" and place this "future dream roster" above winning games.

We will soon learn how patient wemby really is- I guess.
    Of course it is possible to be worse, why isn't it? The assumptions you put in just aren't that accurate to begin with.

For all the crap Malaki gets for his defence, he plays 20mpg with a very limited role. Trae would be featured prominently and play 30 to 35 a game. Nobody else is worse than Trae on defence on our roster. On top of that, nobody makes close to the $ Trae makes, so that money would hamper our flexibility to get either sign free agents or limit ourselves in trade. Finally, it depends on price, if the Hawks are willing to trade Trae for a bag of beans, sure, trade for him. But I doubt they would.

The main argument for Trae so far really is because he is available. His fit with Wemby is questionable (defence obviously, but even on offence, why would you have a ball-dominant PG when Wemby should have the ball?), he is expensive, his offence is highly inefficient. Look at this advanced stats, he had two seasons where his ORtg > DRtg, and that was by +1. He is -3 overall in his career. He has one single season where his OBPM or OWS could be rated as good, and that was two years ago, he led the league in ToV in 2 of the last 3 seasons (granted, he also led the league in assists those two seasons with an asst:TO ratio of about 2.5:1. As a comparison, good PGs put in close to 4 in this, Tre Jones is at 4.12 last year), he has shown (proven?) he can't play off ball last year with Dejounte Murray. If we were to go all in for a player, I would rather them go for players like Garland, or even combo guards who have young upside. Trae Young is high risk, low reward.

I thought the Damian Lillard experiment would have shown enough on this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windy says it's a guy who's not #1 on his on team... then says Trae is an interesting name when he's clearly the #1 on his own team.... there's no continuity there.... it's just speculation..

Honestly, his description sounds more like PG13 than Trae..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windy says it's a guy who's not #1 on his on team... then says Trae is an interesting name when he's clearly the #1 on his own team.... there's no continuity there.... it's just speculation..

Love PG13... but I'm guessing he's going to have a 35% Max Deal on the table from LAC and PHI. Can't see us going that route for a 33yo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for confirming you dont watch the games…and when you do watch- you still dont know what the you are posting about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you post here if you hate this site so much? Loser with nothing else to enjoy in life?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sure, but from the video he was definitely implying Trae

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why say “not LeBron” when LeBron’s mentioned and then not say the same thing for Trae when Trae’s mentioned? He’s playing it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I got from that as well. Even his smirk at the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need Trae to attract other players and get some momentum going. We should already to be worried about losing Wemby, don't believe all that bs coming out of his mouth. For the sake of the franchise we have to believe he's greedy and selfish just like anyone else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No doubt, but it was a mutually exclusive contradiction that lets him say he was right no matter who it is.. as DJ said...He's just playing it up..

Thread Information