Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I would argue the Annular eclipse belongs somewhere to the northwest of (left and above) the "Partial Solar Eclipse" dot.

It doesn't sound amazing, but it was absolutely a sight to behold this past Octubre.
    I'd lump the annular in the with regular partial solars. It was really cool seeing images of the crescent sun created by all the pinhole light sources in between leaves of trees before and after the annular part of the last eclipse but the annulus itself just reminded me I wasn't seeing a total solar where I could take off the glasses and see the corona.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'd lump the annular in the with regular partial solars. It was really cool seeing images of the crescent sun created by all the pinhole light sources in between leaves of trees before and after the annular part of the last eclipse but the annulus itself just reminded me I wasn't seeing a total solar where I could take off the glasses and see the corona.
    The "annulus" to me reminded me of the Ring of Mordor but in real life. I really liked it even though I didn't expect I would.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tired Tread shudders at the thought...
    And its not a piss shudder as you might think.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm right on the path with something like 4 minutes of totality in my backyard.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Anal ... Rain back in the forecast for Monday

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'm right on the path with something like 4 minutes of totality in my backyard.
    You must live pretty far west and/or north of SA...

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    In Virginia? No totality there, so I assume you're going to Ohio or New York or something?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This is going to be a complete bust for most of the nation with cloudy skies forecast for almost the entire path of totality except for western New York and then Vermont through Maine. ing the forecast looks grim for the San Antonio area too with clouds and thunderstorms.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    This is going to be a complete bust for most of the nation with cloudy skies forecast for almost the entire path of totality except for western New York and then Vermont through Maine. ing the forecast looks grim for the San Antonio area too with clouds and thunderstorms.
    There's a good one (full total solar eclipse) going to Spain in August 2026 if you've got a passport and a few hundred bucks for flying. Almost never gets cloudy there in the summertime due to monsoonal patterns being displaced very far south that time of year deep into Africa, so that one should be a 99.9% guarantee.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Another update:

The National Weather Service’s sky cover forecast is currently indicating a reduction in cloud coverage at 1 p.m. April 8. As of April 5, sky coverage on eclipse day is now predicted to be between 53% and 75% — which is roughly 6% less coverage than was expected even Thursday, and roughly 35% less coverage than was forecasted a week out from the eclipse.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So Trumpsters now may claim that science is worthless yet again.

especially since the word variables does not exist in their vocabulary

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How about if we did a SpursTalk bake sale?
    Raise funds for those plane flights that will be staying in the eclipes' path.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Another update:

The National Weather Service’s sky cover forecast is currently indicating a reduction in cloud coverage at 1 p.m. April 8. As of April 5, sky coverage on eclipse day is now predicted to be between 53% and 75% — which is roughly 6% less coverage than was expected even Thursday, and roughly 35% less coverage than was forecasted a week out from the eclipse.
    Looks like it's going to be a pure toss up. Which is about the best we could have hoped for in an El Nino spring, I guess, but it's a damn shame because the last couple days here have been crystal clear. Also looks like the first squall in the next trough (the one with the thunderstorms) isn't moving as fast as originally predicted, and that is being pushed back into late Monday night into Tuesday. The front then moves through with rain on Wednesday leaving behind cooler air.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

>99% of Trump voters/ Trump supporters are not flat earthers and don't believe that science, space, the moon landings etc are fake.

Trump himself, along with Elon Musk himself, are very pro science.

The Covid "vaccines" are a political issue and also a my body my choice issue. Pure science such as an astronomical event, is not partisan or political. The flat earth society is just as ridiculous as the flamboyant trans small but vocal minority as well as the free-Gaza weirdos. The issue is, similar to global warming and the green new deal, government infringement over individual freedoms and choices made that a partisan issue. , most Trump voters believe human-caused like pollution, chemicals, deforestation etc are all bad and have had detrimental effects on nature, and they believe in common sense green living such as recycling and reasonable conservation... they just don't want it to be an issue where the government and government-controlled corporatocracy controls their comfort and way of life and jacks up prices "in the name of a greener future" astronomically to the point they can't afford to live a normal, comfortable life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    >99% of Trump voters/ Trump supporters are not flat earthers and don't believe that science, space, the moon landings etc are fake.

The Covid "vaccines" are a political issue and also a my body my choice issue. Pure science such as an astronomical event, is not partisan or political. The flat earth society is just as ridiculous as the flamboyant trans small but vocal minority as well as the free-Gaza weirdos. The issue is, similar to global warming and the green new deal, government infringement over individual freedoms and choices made that a partisan issue. , most Trump voters believe human-caused like pollution, chemicals, deforestation etc are all bad and have had detrimental effects on nature, and they believe in common sense green living such as recycling and reasonable conservation... they just don't want it to be an issue where the government and government-controlled corporatocracy controls their comfort and way of life and jacks up prices "in the name of a greener future" astronomically to the point they can't afford to live a normal, comfortable life.
    Meh gravity is less well understood than vaccines.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I saw the 2017 Eclipse in Nebraska.

It lasted about 2 1/2 minutes.
    The sky was perfectly clear and it was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.
    So many weird things happened, even before and after totality. Shadows were different, the temperature dropped, wind came out of nowhere, it was altogether magnificent.
    Every person I was with will also see the 2024 event together again with a couple more added in.
    Even if it is cloudy, it still will be very apparent when totality occurs. Its just nice to watch the whole thing and time it.
    Its incredible because the totality occurred exactly when it was supposed to. The door just slammed shut. And every animal, bird, human got weirded out.

What was also neat was people started clapping as it occurred. You could hear the clapping from way off and then it got closer and closer till we started clapping. Then it moved on. A wave of clapping.
    Would you call it the most impressive celestial event you have ever seen? Hale-Bopp was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen where in the San Antonio area you could see it covering seemingly half the sky, like you'd look up at it and it would cover more than your field of vision. It was so bright it looked like it was painted on the sky like something you'd see in Skyrim or something. And then Hyakutake the year before was super impressive too. Don't know how Halley's Comet got so much hype with how crazy Hale-Bopp and Hyakutake were. Halley's was nowhere close to as cool when I saw it in 86.

Hope we get clear skies and I get a chance to see if the Great American Eclipse can outdo Hale-Bopp.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Where am I going?,,,to bed,,,,wake me when its over.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

And yet republicans used science and said the Covid virus came from a wuhan lab and you dumb liberals on science and said it came from bats,,,,

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    And yet republicans used science and said the Covid virus came from a wuhan lab and you dumb liberals on science and said it came from bats,,,,
    Omg…

This stupid fk literally is in a totally black eclipse of the brain (wake me up when it’s over? You are living in darkness ya dork)
    Do you know where this subject stands right now dumb fk?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Would you call it the most impressive celestial event you have ever seen? Hale-Bopp was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen where in the San Antonio area you could see it covering seemingly half the sky, like you'd look up at it and it would cover more than your field of vision. It was so bright it looked like it was painted on the sky like something you'd see in Skyrim or something. And then Hyakutake the year before was super impressive too. Don't know how Halley's Comet got so much hype with how crazy Hale-Bopp and Hyakutake were. Halley's was nowhere close to as cool when I saw it in 86.

Hope we get clear skies and I get a chance to see if the Great American Eclipse can outdo Hale-Bopp.
    I was too young to appreciate it. And probably understand it.

The most impressive sky event over San Antonio was the space shuttle landing in Florida for me. A human event I guess.
    All the neighbors were out and we see this ball of fire leaving a contrail and someone said there are people in that and it was just shocking. It landed perfectly safely in Florida, No problems. It just streaked across the sky and people were in that fireball? I was stunned.

People riding in a big piece of fire that made no sound.
    Last edited by pgardn; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:50 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

No the vaccines were not a political issue. It’s was a PUBLIC HEALTH issue politicized.

There was zero understanding of vaccines, immunity, and Public Health for Trumpsters like you. The information given to the public was crafted into a my rights issue. Go complain about not being able to smoke where you want to. Just light up on a plane and claim “muh rights”. Tell me how that works. We share the air, you can’t go blowing your fetid air on others.

Next you will try the trick that all red team members try and attempt to confuse the early days of not knowing about the virus with what we know and the health conditions of the present. You guys are the most disingenuous non patriotic fks. You understand nothing about the gives and takes of a democracy. Which is why you want an aristocracy with a king. YOU said it yourself. You would like a Trump family line of leaders. You went one of your many bipolar binges and spilled it.

Some people don’t forget. You won’t remember this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I was too young to appreciate it. And probably understand it.

The most impressive sky event over San Antonio was the space shuttle landing in Florida for me. A human event I guess.
    All the neighbors were out and we see this ball of fire leaving a contrail and someone said there are people in that and it was just shocking. It landed perfectly safely in Florida, No problems. It just streaked across the sky and people were in that fireball? I was stunned.

People riding in a big piece of fire that made no sound.
    After looking it up some more I was wrong, Hyakutake was the more impressive one to me. Green with a bright blue-green tail and apparently took up 90 degrees of the sky. It was so bright even at midnight that there was absolutely no way you could miss it if it wasn't cloudy. Even this amazing photo doesn't really do justice to what this looked like in the night sky after you had been outside ten minutes and your eyes adjusted to low light.

I got to see a shuttle launch at Cape Canaveral in 85 but I was so young all I really remember was they didn't say 2 in the countdown.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:45 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    After looking it up some more I was wrong, Hyakutake was the more impressive one to me. Green with a bright blue-green tail and apparently took up 90 degrees of the sky. It was so bright even at midnight that there was absolutely no way you could miss it if it wasn't cloudy. Even this amazing photo doesn't really do justice to what this looked like in the night sky after you had been outside ten minutes and your eyes adjusted to low light.

I got to see a shuttle launch at Cape Canaveral in 85 but I was so young all I really remember was they didn't say 2 in the countdown.
    Was that the one that just kind of stayed in place?
    I was told I saw it through binoculars and was unimpressed. I don’t remember.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Was that the one that just kind of stayed in place?
    I was told I saw it through binoculars and was unimpressed. I don’t remember.
    Nah that one was so close you could actually see it move across the sky relative to the stars if you sat outside for an hour or two. It came within 0.1AU of the Earth. You didn't need binoculars to see it, it was magnitude 0 and if you looked up in the sky just with your eyes that 3-4 nights it was close to Earth you 100% could not miss it.

Maybe you're thinking of Hale-Bopp which was naked eye visible for a year and a half.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:22 PM.

Thread Information